Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signs with GWS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Any idea on length .. 3-4 years etc?
None.

Only what ch7 reported.

I know they were after longer contracts (like Haynes and Greene got) so am hoping it's 5 years or so.

Don't want to get Norths hopes up again (just jokes)

But in saying that nothings official so no counting of the chickens has happened.
No pun intended.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

None.

Only what ch7 reported.

I know they were after longer contracts (like Haynes and Greene got) so am hoping it's 5 years or so.

Don't want to get Norths hopes up again (just jokes)

But in saying that nothings official so no counting of the chickens has happened.
No pun intended.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Congrats what ever it is.. even if its only 2 years and it puts him into fa... you have given your group the best chance of success over the next period of time

Congrats what ever it is.. even if its only 2 years and it puts him into fa... you have given your group the best chance of success over the next period of time
Last thing I want us a two year contract, although that does take him to FA. The club doesn't need the constant speculation.

Actually no.

Special player that he is I think if he's not willing to sign long term It might be better for the club to move on. Depends a bit on his reasons which wont be known publicly.

I think GWS are primed for the next two years and Kelly. Losing him could see you fall short. I'd opt to let it ride if all you can get is two years.

Mark Stevens is full of s**t half the time though, so I'm not exactly convinced. He said the same about our Kelly multiple times last season, as did Jon Ralph and Tom Browne, who are both just as useless. I genuinely hope they're not making it up, as I would love to see both Cogs and Kelly stay at GWS for the long haul.

You guys have had too many players taken from you, and the Scully deal last year was an absolute rort. GWS deserves something back after all the losses (although both Kelly and Cogs outweigh all the losses IMO)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does resign does this count as another miss for north or is it too early in the season? I thought he was wrapped up going to north at seasons end from reading in the know north posters

If he does resign does this count as another miss for north or is it too early in the season? I thought he was wrapped up going to north at seasons end from reading in the know north posters

He wants to be at North, and every time someone shitcan's him because this very technical scenario does not snugly fit the receptors of their gratification emotional response mechanism, they are making themselves look stupid.

Tome Browne's report sounds like he's trying to put in an out clause for himself.

If it gets rejected i think he'll only sign for 2 years.

Why make GWS and North supporters go through this pain :p

Mark Stevens is full of s**t half the time though, so I'm not exactly convinced. He said the same about our Kelly multiple times last season, as did Jon Ralph and Tom Browne, who are both just as useless. I genuinely hope they're not making it up, as I would love to see both Cogs and Kelly stay at GWS for the long haul.

You guys have had too many players taken from you, and the Scully deal last year was an absolute rort. GWS deserves something back after all the losses (although both Kelly and Cogs outweigh all the losses IMO)

They did, they got 2 first rounders for Shiel from Essendon, Scully was cheap, because of his ankle, and was a bargaining chip to secure the 2 first rounders. So Shiel and Scully for 2 1sts and a 4th isn’t a bad outcome.

What does "two years with a six year option" mean? Like he plays for two years then the club gets to decide if they want to keep him for four more years? I really don't understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back