Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signs with GWS]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you will find most Roo supporters as well as the club knew a long time ago he was staying.

It’s a great get and you lost a lot of players in order to keep him. Hopefully for the Giants that the biggest win the club has had is no longer a signature and you get your flag. I don’t mind the Giants.
I always got it was a couple of posters from different clubs stirring the pot. Similar with Hawks posters about Coniglio. Often I prefer to discuss trades on the oppo board, it's uphill but the better posters often reside there and not the common boards.

It's honestly astounding that North supporters thought they were even a slight chance at landing Kelly.

Why would he give up the chance to play in a winning team that could push for a flag for a rabble of a club that will be rebuilding for the next 5 years? Money isn't everything.

You do know the majority thought he would stay??

Just glad it’s only 5 - sure beats 15 and counting......

Holy s**t, they really put a gun to his head huh? If he wants to stay past 2 years he has to stay for another 8? That’s gangster.

It's not been lodged with the AFL, so if he doesn't want to stay that long they can literally just tear it up and do a new deal from scratch.

I'm sure he is gutted.

They’re probably sick of all the short contracts and speculation. They’re saying if you stay on, you have to finish your career in Sydney.

It's not been lodged with the AFL, so if he doesn't want to stay that long they can literally just tear it up and do a new deal from scratch.

That would be a bit embarrassing.

They’re probably sick of all the short contracts and speculation. They’re saying if you stay on, you have to finish your career in Sydney.

It's an offer.

And to be fair it's the Giants, we have speculation about players who are signed long term, short term and for life.

That would be a bit embarrassing.

It really wouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's actually not the way it works. It's up to him if He wants the next 8 years, he's able.to walk away after 2 if that's what he wants.

I get how it works. You missed my point. If he stays they expect him to stay another 8 years. That’s self explanatory, otherwise why bother putting the 8 years on the table?

Tbh I don’t mind it. Force him to make a commitment, the endless speculation about him leaving is pretty annoying.

Nothing stopping him tearing this contract up after 2 years, then renegotiating a shorter extension. TBH I don't see much point in the current arrangement other than that it gives him job security if he wants it, since the Giants are the ones offering the long contract. There's nothing to say he HAS to take it

I get how it works. You missed my point. If he stays they expect him to stay another 8 years. That’s self explanatory, otherwise why bother putting the 8 years on the table?

Tbh I don’t mind it. Force him to make a commitment, the endless speculation about him leaving is pretty annoying.
I'm sure if he wanted to sign for another 2 years they'd have no issue with him tearing up that contract and signing again rather that walk away.

Really don't understate what you are on about. It's a great deal for Kelly and the ball is 100% in his court.

I'm sure if he wanted to sign for another 2 years they'd have no issue with him tearing up that contract and signing again rather that walk away.

Really don't understate what you are on about. It's a great deal for Kelly and the ball is 100% in his court.

It would be a massive backflip to then offer him another 2 year contract. Tail waging the dog a bit in that case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back