Recommitted Josh Kelly [will be a GIANT for life, has signed 8 year extension]

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sincerely hope that we're doing the required work behind the scenes to land both Kelly and Merrett as FA acquisitions 🤩

You do know both GWS and Dodoro will match their RFA offers if they chose to leave, and for a bottom 4 club, Hawthorn cannot afford to give up all their current and future picks to get both. At a stretch you might be able to snag one, but I just can't see how you can get both.

S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Buried in Balquhidder
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You do know both GWS and Dodoro will match their RFA offers if they chose to leave, and for a bottom 4 club, Hawthorn cannot afford to give up all their current and future picks to get both. At a stretch you might be able to snag one, but I just can't see how you can get both.

Not if they finish low enough on the ladder with a bumper draft incoming.

Surely Essendon will finish bottom 4 and GWS bottom 6 next season?

Don't bother responding to the troll, he is only trying to drag the thread off topic.

LOL, all I said was GWS won't be able to use the same arguments to keep him they did last time.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
They will be knocking on our door soon enough.
Yeah I bet it's only a matter of time before you attract some more top-liners like Aidan Corr.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I bet it's only a matter of time before you attract some more top-liners like Aidan Corr.
Yeah quietly confident not to worried what a few uninformed posters on BF think.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think North will land a few good players in the next year or two.

St Kilda is proof that lower profile/less affluent club's can attract top tier talent to the club if they provide a stable and happy playing environment..

I am much more confident in North getting an A Grade Free Agent or out of contract in the next year or than Collingwood (for instance)

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Serious question, what’s different to before?
Let’s be honest you guys have thrown godfather deals to big name players every year for a while now and gotten no one really.
If you cant distinguish between the Scott/Joyce era and the current administration then I can't help you.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
St Kilda is proof that lower profile/less affluent club's can attract top tier talent to the club if they provide a stable and happy playing environment..

I am much more confident in North getting an A Grade Free Agent or out of contract in the next year or than Collingwood (for instance)
Agree i slowly building a nice team, Just dont thinh
Serious question, what’s different to before?
Let’s be honest you guys have thrown godfather deals to big name players every year for a while now and gotten no one really.
The difference is that our midfield and a few other players will be int heir prime TT LDU Larkey Simpkin Talyor and a few more. I dont think our team is as bad as a lot think it is. I realize most supporters think that of their own team but i think there is a bit to work with By the start of 2023 i would be disappointed if we are not making the 8 and with that good players will want to get on board at least i would hope so. Time will tell. The NMFC has always been a easy target for posters on here but 99% of them would have no idea of our list young players or anything else they just follow what everyone else says or writes. At least do a little homework before commenting on other teams and their lists.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Agree i slowly building a nice team, Just dont thinh

The difference is that our midfield and a few other players will be int heir prime TT LDU Larkey Simpkin Talyor and a few more. I dont think our team is as bad as a lot think it is. I realize most supporters think that of their own team but i think there is a bit to work with By the start of 2023 i would be disappointed if we are not making the 8 and with that good players will want to get on board at least i would hope so. Time will tell. The NMFC has always been a easy target for posters on here but 99% of them would have no idea of our list young players or anything else they just follow what everyone else says or writes. At least do a little homework before commenting on other teams and their lists.

Can we not have the woe is us?

I asked a question it wasn’t a shot.

There is, on the surface, nothing different now to any other time over the last 5 years where star players said no to warchests,

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can we not have the woe is us?

I asked a question it wasn’t a shot.

There is, on the surface, nothing different now to any other time over the last 5 years where star players said no to warchests,
What you asked a question i gave you the answer not that hard . ps no idea what woe is us means you will have to explain that to me

Back