Recommitted Josh Kelly

Geelong will be rebuilding in 2 years so can’t see him going there. Better mid term prospects at the blues, saints or dees

Geelong have been rebuilding since 2011 and doing it better than most club's.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geelong have been rebuilding since 2011 and doing it better than most club's.
No doubt you guys have been great but can’t really see any replacements on your list for selwood, ablett, Hawkins, touhy and Taylor Who will all wind up in a year or two. Your older blokes are still carrying most the load every week.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Honestly, not worth it and I used to be right into him. Too overpriced for an okay mid who doesn't have the runs on the board. Kelly used to be debated alongside Cripps and bontempelli. Not even in the same ballpark anymore.
Disagree strongly. Had a tough run with injuries the last two years but when fit he’s bloody good as seen on Friday night.

He’s also one of a number of GWS players thrown into different roles because of the depth they have through the midfield.

Carlton would be mad not to have a serious crack again.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Disagree strongly. Had a tough run with injuries the last two years but when fit he’s bloody good as seen on Friday night.

He’s also one of a number of GWS players thrown into different roles because of the depth they have through the midfield.

Carlton would be mad not to have a serious crack again.
Depends on the price...both draft picks and salary. I wouldnt want to compromise our present and future list for Josh Kelly. I think he is an excellent footballer, but I think with great drafting and smart trading we can fill that void rather than giving away plenty for one player whom has had persistent injuries.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Carlton have the currency, both in cash and picks.
We also have an emerging list and Andrew Russell to get him right ...

Get him right? WTF are you on about?

The significant injuries he has had in the past 2 seasons have all been separate injuries. Groin issues early in 2018 and a meniscus injury in the final, and a calf in 2019. And he still played 3 qtrs of the season in both those years.

Mister Snrub

Senior List
Jul 16, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

The significant injuries he has had in the past 2 seasons have all been separate injuries. Groin issues early in 2018 and a meniscus injury in the final, and a calf in 2019. And he still played 3 qtrs of the season in both those years.
Maybe he's referring to Carlton's uncanny ability to develop GWS talent? Jaksch, Whiley, Lamb, Phillips, Plowman, Sumner, Marchbank, Pickett is a list of absolute powerhouses really. We might finally get to see Kelly reach his true potential

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton

Good to know.
Imagine how good he could be if Russell were to get the chance to get him right ...

bluebaggerjuls

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
LOL. Another swing and a miss.

Better stick with something you can handle, like finger painting.

just wait till the end of the year when the giants realise they will have to get rid of 1 of their superstars. I’m sure they would rather lose jelly than Cameron

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
just wait till the end of the year when the giants realise they will have to get rid of 1 of their superstars. I’m sure they would rather lose jelly than Cameron
No, but I'm sure we can find a couple of spuds to flog off to Hawthorn and Carlton as usual, to balance the books.

This is an annual event for the Giants, we know how to handle it.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
This is an annual event for the Giants.
You really shouldn’t get yourself upset about it.
Your club understand it and handle it well ... so should you.
We (the club and supporters) handle it in our stride every year - how are Whiley, Jaksch, Phillips, Lamb, Sumner, Marchbank, Pickett, Palmer, Macreadie & Bugg going for your team? Killing it? :oops:

Cogs & Kelly are champions of our club, maybe you should have tried to entice them. Without the brown paper bags.

You made a silly claim, got called on it, doubled & tripled down, and got creamed. Time to quit while you're behind. You're welcome.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
We (the club and supporters) handle it in our stride every year - how are Whiley, Jaksch, Phillips, Lamb, Sumner, Marchbank, Pickett, Palmer, Macreadie & Bugg going for your team? Killing it? :oops:

Cogs & Kelly are champions of our club, maybe you should have tried to entice them. Without the brown paper bags.

You made a silly claim, got called on it, doubled & tripled down, and got creamed. Time to quit while you're behind. You're welcome.

How old are you son.
Anyway, enjoy your evening 👍

Back