List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
King likes the club but doesnt love it. Thats why he's such a pratt.

King loves the club.... when it is winning. He is pretty much like BF, can't speak about the negatives when we are on top, but once we start to lose... brutal to the point of being childish.

If we can afford Dusty and Kelly (or are in the conversation) I can't help wonder if it wouldn't be better to roll both salaries into one and get Kelly via pre season draft. He would be so far overpaid it wouldn't be funny, but we would keep the two first rounders we are liable to lose for him.

If we can afford Dusty and Kelly (or are in the conversation) I can't help wonder if it wouldn't be better to roll both salaries into one and get Kelly via pre season draft. He would be so far overpaid it wouldn't be funny, but we would keep the two first rounders we are liable to lose for him.
And pay him 15 million over 9 years? Madness.

And if he is injured significantly, we are screwed for close to 9 years. Too much risk to roll into one player.
You are better off throwing something like 6m over 4 yrs to mitigate the risk.

And pay him 15 million over 9 years? Madness.
And if he is injured significantly, we are screwed for close to 9 years. Too much risk to roll into one player.
You are better off throwing something like 6m over 4 yrs to mitigate the risk.

Yeah you guys are right. But given this some further thought, when you nominate for the preseason draft you nominate your wage. So what if we forget dusty, pay Kelly his 9 over 9 BUT channel as much as possible (including dusty space) into the first year? So it would perhaps as much as 3m in the first year. If Kelly nominates his contract, it would be likely that no one else could afford him. It is a bigger gamble (perhaps Brisbane can match that) but would mean we wouldn't have to deal with GWS.

King loves the club.... when it is winning. He is pretty much like BF, can't speak about the negatives when we are on top, but once we start to lose... brutal to the point of being childish.
Yeh good observation.

He does go all giddy post game after a win when he is boundary riding and then back to Damaging David when we are not.

Yeah you guys are right. But given this some further thought, when you nominate for the preseason draft you nominate your wage. So what if we forget dusty, pay Kelly his 9 over 9 BUT channel as much as possible (including dusty space) into the first year? So it would perhaps as much as 3m in the first year. If Kelly nominates his contract, it would be likely that no one else could afford him. It is a bigger gamble (perhaps Brisbane can match that) but would mean we wouldn't have to deal with GWS.

we would be doing that anyway (not 3 mil). we would be front loading as much as possible.

No. **** him. He runs down nmfc constantly and then when we get a win he's the first there to butt tap the players.

He's a ******* weasel.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Starting to think along these lines as well BS.......someone should whack him when he is on the radio.
Don't be so precious, his opinion on this is probably a better way of going about it. 2 players regardless of how good they are will not make us a top 4 side.

On EVA-L19 using BigFooty.com mobile app

we would be doing that anyway (not 3 mil). we would be front loading as much as possible.
Yeah but not enough to beat out Brisbane and whoever finishes below us. Especially if we are trying to get Dusty as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL.

Kelly must consider more than just money.

THE LACK of team success for Adam Treloar at Collingwood and the intense scrutiny on Tom Boyd at the Western Bulldogs would weigh on Josh Kelly's mind as he ponders whether to recommit to Greater Western Sydney, CEO David Matthews says.

Kelly, 22, comes out of contract at the end of the season and is one of the competition's most sought-after players, with North Melbourne among the clubs offering big money to make the switch.

Matthews pointed to the situations of a couple of former Giants who had similar decisions to make when speaking to ABC Radio on Saturday.

Treloar was traded to the Magpies at the end of 2015 and despite the midfielder's excellent form, have won 15 of 38 games since then and look likely to miss finals for a second straight season.

Meanwhile, Boyd was integral to the Dogs capturing the 2016 premiership but since he crossed over at the end of 2014, has suffered significant pressure from media and supporters as one of the highest-paid players in the AFL.

Boyd earlier this season took a leave of absence from the club to deal with clinical depression and the club has set no timeframe for the 21-year-old to return.

"There's all sorts of things that would be going through his (Kelly's) mind," Matthews said.

"The pressure on someone like Tom Boyd's a factor. Whether the move for Adam Treloar's been successful for him (is) probably something he thinks about too.

"I know he's happy at the club. In saying that, there are big offers that come."

Matthews was asked whether Kelly had received the Giants' best possible offer some time ago.

"That's essentially it. I'm not 100 per cent sure whether the speculation or the numbers that you read are accurate or not, but what I do know is they're the sort of numbers that need to be offered up, in my view, to really take a young man like Josh, or any other young player, away from the opportunity that's in front of them," Matthews said.

"Essentially, you're trying to buy him out of a window that hopefully in the next two-to-three years might keep delivering him an opportunity to become a premiership player. You've got to pay people over the odds to do that. Those offers are there.

"It's very clear to him what the possibilities are with us so we make that offer and then just sit."

After making a preliminary final last season, Greater Western Sydney sat third on the ladder entering round 18 despite a long injury list throughout the season.

AFL Website.

Who the * wrote that article? If listening to KB yesterday morning wasn't enough to gage how much the football world doesn't want him to move to North, this solidifies it.

Who the **** wrote that article? If listening to KB yesterday morning wasn't enough to gage how much the football world doesn't want him to move to North, this solidifies it.
Mate, it's quoting the GWS CEO. You can hardly expect him to give a balanced view.

Tom Boyd was younger than Kelly and isn't as hardened.

Can comfort himself though with a premiership.

I think the issue really is the Bulldogs are paying $ 103,092.80 per Boyd disposal...........lol

Kelly is in a different stratosphere and for those that don't know- stratosphere is just above the troposphere and below the mesosphere:)

I think the issue really is the Bulldogs are paying $ 103,092.80 per Boyd disposal...........lol

Kelly is in a different stratosphere and for those that don't know- stratosphere is just above the troposphere and below the mesosphere:)

be great if the AFL media somehow made its way to the noosphere.

Yeah, but that's the Dogs issue, not Boyd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back