List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like GWS are after a ruckman. Tom Downie just retired due to mental health reasons.
I thought the same thing when I read this......where was he in the standings at skoda?? very interesting , and Scotts comments this week regarding Preuy where its a struggle to get 2 rucks into the one team ....... I hope they have the balls come October.....but wont be holding my breath.

Saints lost comfortably again today. Commentators were playing up some late goals as percentage saving despite dishing up a poor effort. We led the dogs 90% of the game. How exactly are they so much more potential again?

Saints lost comfortably again today. Commentators were playing up some late goals as percentage saving despite dishing up a poor effort. We led the dogs 90% of the game. How exactly are they so much more potential again?
hah, the only stat that counts is who leads at the finish. All you guys rubbishing other teams should take a closer look at home. We havent exactly fullfilled or done anythingr a long long time. Hopefully that will change

hah, the only stat that counts is who leads at the finish. All you guys rubbishing other teams should take a closer look at home. We havent exactly fullfilled or done anythingr a long long time. Hopefully that will change

99>66

2 prelims and 4 finals apperences in a row is not that bad an outcome with the lack of top picks....
we are now seeing the outcome of playing kids too....we'll be better than the aints and dees by years end...AGAIN

not denying that but 99 is a life time ago. We;ve promised so much in the past 7 years but delivered nothing special.
It's short set against my lifetime, and I've seen quite a few special things since 1999, many in the past 7 years.

2 prelims and 4 finals apperences in a row is not that bad an outcome with the lack of top picks....
we are now seeing the outcome of playing kids too....we'll be better than the aints and dees by years end...AGAIN

If we could take Josh Kelly back in time and stick him in the 2014/15 sides we might have gone all the way. He might well have made the difference. (At least in 2015.) Its a reasonable argument that the current(/immediate future) squad is potentially better and will improve to something at least as good as those sides in the next 3 years (but probably better) and that with someone like Kelly (or Martin or both,) we would be serious contenders even favorites. You could make that argument to a player like Kelly about our side and provided we don't spud up the rest of the season it wouldn't sound as ridiculous as St Kilda making the same claim.

Our backline is very effective, our mids are not s**t, they struggle against some specific teams sometimes but that is about as bad as they get - Cunnington and Goldstein are perfect for someone like Kelly. Our forwards would thrive with his delivery. It shouldn't be that hard to make the case that he makes us potential flag winners.

not denying that but 99 is a life time ago. We;ve promised so much in the past 7 years but delivered nothing special.

Life time ago? I think most would have their sights set on living their life a bit longer than 18 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could take Josh Kelly back in time and stick him in the 2014/15 sides we might have gone all the way. He might well have made the difference. (At least in 2015.) Its a reasonable argument that the current(/immediate future) squad is potentially better and will improve to something at least as good as those sides in the next 3 years (but probably better) and that with someone like Kelly (or Martin or both,) we would be serious contenders even favorites. You could make that argument to a player like Kelly about our side and provided we don't spud up the rest of the season it wouldn't sound as ridiculous as St Kilda making the same claim.

Our backline is very effective, our mids are not s**t, they struggle against some specific teams sometimes but that is about as bad as they get - Cunnington and Goldstein are perfect for someone like Kelly. Our forwards would thrive with his delivery. It shouldn't be that hard to make the case that he makes us potential flag winners.
Thats why I call him Josh "The Difference" Kelly :)

Like Preuss?
Yep.

Don't think they would give up the type of currency we would be willing to accept though.

Said it a fair while ago, but he's tracking at a better rate than Goldy at the same stage of their careers and we would know what we have got.

Preuss will be the best ruckman in the competition within 5 years.

Top 10 pick would get it done, but that is a big ask when you have a commodity like Lobb already on the list.

Saints and Melbourne 2017 are looking like the same 2016 version.

Yep.

Don't think they would give up the type of currency we would be willing to accept though.

Said it a fair while ago, but he's tracking at a better rate than Goldy at the same stage of their careers and we would know what we have got.

Preuss will be the best ruckman in the competition within 5 years.

Top 10 pick would get it done, but that is a big ask when you have a commodity like Lobb already on the list.

Don't disgrace with much of this, but a top 10 pick for him is way overs at this stage.

2 prelims with key personell out for the majority of the season didnt help with your thinking.....but like many experts say winning premierships are hard to do.........ask Ross Lyon.

2 prelims with key personell out for the majority of the season didnt help with your thinking.....but like many experts say winning premierships are hard to do.........ask Ross Lyon.
thats for sure & thats why I said we havent done anything special since 99. If you want special , look at bulldogs last year or the Hawks, 3 from 4. As I said we havent even gone close. You have to be in the GF to actually win it IIRC. Prelims arent GFs.

thats for sure & thats why I said we havent done anything special since 99. If you want special , look at bulldogs last year or the Hawks, 3 from 4. As I said we havent even gone close. You have to be in the GF to actually win it IIRC. Prelims arent GFs.

8ba1a63096070bae71eab3d2a7d7e231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back