Brian Waldron
Nick Bowen
Michael Warner

Those who said he was leaving:

David Schwarz
Bruce Eva
Jay Clarke
Craig Hutchison
Wow....you blackbook carrying around bastard :)

Should have or should've not of.
Friendly reminder:thumbsupemoji:

Edit : you don't even need the of in there, it's redundant
Why can't I just use "should he" with nothing in between? I hear it in English all of the time (which doesn't mean its correct of course).

Wow....you blackbook carrying around bastard :)
Well the timeline in the OP would cover it. We pretty much covered it all in the previous thread. That's just a sypnosis.

Bowen suggested to not only forget Kelly, but to trade out Cunnington and Tarrant.

That's his opinion, but not one that illustrates he should really be paid for an opinion on an ongoing basis.

As much as it would gut me, if we dont get Kelly we should be thinking that way.

I think everyone understands we're a long way off being a contender. With BOTH Martin and Kelly we wouldve been with the current list imo, but to home grow 2 players of that caliber will take 4-5 years and every year we'll be needing to replace more best 22 players. There is no point in doing a rebuild then just as you're ready to climb the ladder have to replace your full back, ruckman and likely in and under. If Taz and Goldie arent done in 4 years they'd be so damn close it isnt funny and while Cunners is a gun now how'd he look once he loses a yard of pace. While he's far more skilled than Swallow, losing that yard from the Achilles injury has crippled him.

Should we get Kelly, well i wouldnt be against rolling the dice a little. May be Gaz or Hall for player (likely Swallow) and late pick. BIG IF, if we managed that and had huge years from Goldie, Higgins, Cunners, JZ, Clarke then its possible we could pinch one.

If he stays, i'll live with it, if he leaves for anywhere but NM i'll hate him, for awhile at least.If he comes to NM i will be over the moon. Just wish i could move to knowing.

986dd5d465aa4e18ee83241c93d82a9f.png

Getting Schache would spell the end for Waite. Also probably Daw as a forward.

Brown --> Schache --> McKay/Larkey --> Daw

Goldstein --> Preuss --> Daw --> Jeffries

Can't see how a third-string ruckman, fourth-string forward on a three year contract on good coin can continue to be justified.

Daw in his few games to date has shown more than half the guys you have in front of him, yeah Pruess is big and pile drived Spitta, but I saw very little of that aggression in the Seniors (hoping I do but haven't yet), Mckay and Larkey have played 2.5 games and had three touches each between them.

So yeah happy for Maj to do a pre-season and front up next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have or should've not of.
Friendly reminder:thumbsupemoji:

Edit : you don't even need the of in there, it's redundant

Except in the context of the phrase "should of gone to the Gold Coast" in which case it's very important to preserve the erroneous grammar in order to fully identify the intellect involved in such a statement.

As much as it would gut me, if we dont get Kelly we should be thinking that way.

I think everyone understands we're a long way off being a contender. With BOTH Martin and Kelly we wouldve been with the current list imo, but to home grow 2 players of that caliber will take 4-5 years and every year we'll be needing to replace more best 22 players. There is no point in doing a rebuild then just as you're ready to climb the ladder have to replace your full back, ruckman and likely in and under. If Taz and Goldie arent done in 4 years they'd be so damn close it isnt funny and while Cunners is a gun now how'd he look once he loses a yard of pace. While he's far more skilled than Swallow, losing that yard from the Achilles injury has crippled him.

Should we get Kelly, well i wouldnt be against rolling the dice a little. May be Gaz or Hall for player (likely Swallow) and late pick. BIG IF, if we managed that and had huge years from Goldie, Higgins, Cunners, JZ, Clarke then its possible we could pinch one.
A professional Tank to get Lukosis with Pick 1 next year?.. could work..

Jake Niall last night : Timestamped at 43:21

''I dont know''. My respect for Jake Niall went up because hes tryna give an opinion but ultimately says nothing because this is all filler. And its been 3 months of no news because there isnt any. Nothing sensationalist about it.

Josh and his family and those close to him have played this well.

GWS knows their man is going but hes dominating and will want his footy do continue to do the talking whilst hes theirs. They want the flag.

We know hes ours and basically dont even need to be in Josh's ear.
Let the kid finish off strong. Come October we pick up the phone, organise the jet and whisk him down to MaCauley Rd for a photo with dad.

''I dont know''. My respect for Jake Niall went up because hes tryna give an opinion but ultimately says nothing because this is all filler. And its been 3 months of no news because there isnt any. Nothing sensationalist about it.

GWS knows their man is going but hes dominating and will want his footy do continue to do the talking whilst hes theirs. They want the flag.

Let the kid finish off strong. Come October we pick up the phone, organise the jet and whisk him down to MaCauley Rd for a photo with dad.

Let's throw a hypothetical curve ball here.

What if Josh had decided to come to North and had already informed GWS and North about this?

Do you think this scenario would be playing out any differently than it is currently playing out?

Are you trying to say "it's hap..

What if Josh had decided to come to North and had already informed GWS and North about this. Do you think this would scenario be playing out any differently than it is currently playing out?

Probably not.

Had Dusty decided to join us last weeks line would have been "it's undecided, waiting until the end of the season" even though all parties would have been aware. All spitballing though.

GWS have been a lot quieter (club level) about the Kelly situation than the tiggers with the Martin situation.

GWS have been a lot quieter (club level) about the Kelly situation than the tiggers with the Martin situation.

They realistically have a premiership to win and don't have hordes of morons to placate.

After reading a few of your posts on Josh and his family, would it be fair of me to assume you have some sort of connection with them?

What if Josh had decided to come to North and had already informed GWS and North about this?

Do you think this scenario would be playing out any differently than it is currently playing out?

Nuh. It'd be exactly the same.

Provided everyone involved kept their discipline up.

And that is what it seems like to me as well right now. That everyone involved is keeping their lips buttoned and trying to let the media drive the story as much as possible. That AA interview for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back