List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first and next years is ridiculous.

I'm sorry and i know Kelly is a gun, but I'll be pissed off if do give up potentially two awesome players...

It's a bloody close call... yet giving two potential Bonts/Kellys to GWS for a Kelly - just no.
Classic "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Greg Denham in his weekly article in the Australian newspaper did a 'trade special' forecasting what will happen etc. and interestingly stated in no uncertain terms 'St.Kilda, Carlton and Essendon have all been informed that they are out of the equation (for Kelly) ". Then going onto say North Melbournes offer is the one he is considering, but what i interpreted was perhaps he is still favouring staying at GWS slightly

Last edited:
Greg Denham in his weekly article in the Australian newspaper did a 'trade special' forecasting what will happen etc. and interestingly stated in no uncertain terms 'St.Kilda, Carlton and Essendon have all been informed that he (Kelly) will not be playing for them ". Then going onto say North Melbournes offer is the one he is considering, perhaps still favouring staying at GWS slightly
Good. That fits in with exactly how I would think things would play out - from my position of not having a clue about anything....

Greg Denham in his weekly article in the Australian newspaper did a 'trade special' forecasting what will happen etc. and interestingly stated in no uncertain terms 'St.Kilda, Carlton and Essendon have all been informed that he (Kelly) will not be playing for them ". Then going onto say North Melbournes offer is the one he is considering, perhaps still favouring staying at GWS slightly

Maybe we should increase the offer just slightly to make him consider us more in favour of staying at GWS....

Maybe we should increase the offer just slightly to make him consider us more in favour of staying at GWS....
Don't think anyone thinks it's about the money now.

Good. That fits in with exactly how I would think things would play out - from my position of not having a clue about anything....
As in "North lodge 'godfather offer'... then ignore and fill next six months with random speculation about him joining another club... then, when the time is almost upon us, reluctantly mention North are still in it"?

From the article this morning (did you see a different one king rising?):

The biggest names may not have yet surfaced because Adelaide have reached a preliminary final and Greater Western Sydney will be in the finals for at least another week. Much surrounds a decision on his future by GWS midfielder Josh Kelly and whether the Crows will make another big play for Carlton’s contracted star Bryce Gibbs to return home.

The Crows have re-signed Mitch McGovern but Brisbane are still keen to trade in Charlie Cameron, who is contracted to Adelaide for another year. The minor premiers are almost certain to lose key defender Jake Lever. Melbourne leads Collingwood in the charge for him to return home.

Kelly must decide to either accept a $10 million long-term deal to shift to North Melbourne where his father played, or remain with the Giants for less money in the short term. Others interested in him, including Carlton, St Kilda and Essendon, are now out of the equation.
This year may not be as frantic for movement between clubs as the past two years, when 81 players switched, including some outstanding quality last October. On the last day of trading in 2016, 22 players changed clubs in the final five hours.

Last year’s players who moved included multiple Hawthorn premiership player Brad Hill, Hawks veterans Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis, Sydney’s Tom Mitchell, Pearce Hanley to Gold Coast, who lost Dion Prestia and Jaeger O’Meara, Zach Tuohy to Geelong, Travis Cloke to the Bulldogs and Brett Deledio, from Richmond to GWS.

The Giants shed nine players and in a bizarre twist they lost all first five selections from the 2014 draft — Jarrod Pickett, Caleb Marchbank, Paul Ahern, Pat McKenna and Jack Steele.

After the recent re-signing of Giants midfielder Jacob Hopper, the Kelly decision will have a huge impact on what GWS and North Melbourne do. Also out of contract at GWS are Devon Smith, who appears highly likely to play at another club next year, and Matthew Kennedy, who has not played since round 21.

Lost me here though:

If North fail to land a big fish again, they will still be players with strong interest in Motlop. Port, who will lose Trengove to a Melbourne club, also have an interest in Motlop, who will have to take a pay cut to play on.

Also didn't have us in the mix for Stringer but had Collingwood, St Kilda and strangely Richmond in that frame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the article this morning (did you see a different one king rising?):

The biggest names may not have yet surfaced because Adelaide have reached a preliminary final and Greater Western Sydney will be in the finals for at least another week. Much surrounds a decision on his future by GWS midfielder Josh Kelly and whether the Crows will make another big play for Carlton’s contracted star Bryce Gibbs to return home.

The Crows have re-signed Mitch McGovern but Brisbane are still keen to trade in Charlie Cameron, who is contracted to Adelaide for another year. The minor premiers are almost certain to lose key defender Jake Lever. Melbourne leads Collingwood in the charge for him to return home.

Kelly must decide to either accept a $10 million long-term deal to shift to North Melbourne where his father played, or remain with the Giants for less money in the short term. Others interested in him, including Carlton, St Kilda and Essendon, are now out of the equation.
This year may not be as frantic for movement between clubs as the past two years, when 81 players switched, including some outstanding quality last October. On the last day of trading in 2016, 22 players changed clubs in the final five hours.

Last year’s players who moved included multiple Hawthorn premiership player Brad Hill, Hawks veterans Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis, Sydney’s Tom Mitchell, Pearce Hanley to Gold Coast, who lost Dion Prestia and Jaeger O’Meara, Zach Tuohy to Geelong, Travis Cloke to the Bulldogs and Brett Deledio, from Richmond to GWS.

The Giants shed nine players and in a bizarre twist they lost all first five selections from the 2014 draft — Jarrod Pickett, Caleb Marchbank, Paul Ahern, Pat McKenna and Jack Steele.

After the recent re-signing of Giants midfielder Jacob Hopper, the Kelly decision will have a huge impact on what GWS and North Melbourne do. Also out of contract at GWS are Devon Smith, who appears highly likely to play at another club next year, and Matthew Kennedy, who has not played since round 21.

Lost me here though:

If North fail to land a big fish again, they will still be players with strong interest in Motlop. Port, who will lose Trengove to a Melbourne club, also have an interest in Motlop, who will have to take a pay cut to play on.

Also didn't have us in the mix for Stringer but had Collingwood, St Kilda and strangely Richmond in that frame.
Yes this was the one. bolded

hahaha never!

440.gif

But why are they out of the equation is what I want to know? If the entire media and the fan base from Essendon to Seaford were getting their panties wet over the prospect of Kelly joining either Essendon, Carlton or St. Kilda - surely there must be more to it?

But why are they out of the equation is what I want to know? If the entire media and the fan base from Essendon to Seaford were getting their panties wet over the prospect of Kelly joining either Essendon, Carlton or St. Kilda - surely there must be more to it?

Because Kelly has standards

I thought kelly had told GWS not to up their offer (i assume North too) because it's no longer about money (plus he didn't want to stuff around teammates at GWS). Yes North are offering alot more, but it's now down to preference and more money won't change things. Not dealing with Martin any longer.

cause his management has advised them he is not going to any of them.

it has always been stay at GWS, or come to North.
forget the white noise you hear about certain clubs, its crap.

Big week next week for JK, if gws go out in straight sets, will he be happy to stay?

I thought kelly had told GWS not to up their offer (i assume North too) because it's no longer about money (plus he didn't want to stuff around teammates at GWS). Yes North are offering alot more, but it's now down to preference and more money won't change things. Not dealing with Martin any longer.
This is absolutely consistent with the story all along - JK will wait to see how the year pans out with GWS before making a final decision between GWS and North. We have money and family history on our side - GWS has teammates/potential on field success on its side.

Very tough choice for a young man and still hard to call which way this will go.

A GWS flag would have been enough for JK to make the call our way - that is very unlikely now. A straight sets loss with him again having to carry the load next week may well see him lean our way as well.

Classic "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

We've offered a massive contract. Doubt anyone would match it.

That surely reduces what we pay to get him.

As previous, I'll be absolutely pissed off if give up likely two top 5 picks to get him considering the contract terms.

It's the NMFC i care about, not the Kelly fan club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back