List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Taylor might be one to look out for. Contracted until 22.

North Melbourne was one of few clubs with the scope to make a significant offer to Kelly - and the Kangaroos had the option of front-loading a deal to make it easier in the latter years - but they still did not match GWS’s term of eight years, the longest signed by a player since Lance Franklin’s nine year $10m deal with the Swans from 2013.

Eight year contract for a player that no one would have as competition Top 10? Or is even the best player in a middle of the road team? Would have loved him to play for us but....

Last edited:
Such is life. Pretty pleased that we didn't compromise a list spot for a 8 year deal, to be honest. He's a supurb player, but misses on average 4 or so games a year and sends to be hampered by injury a bit.

Move on. Good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am glad we didn't get into an ebay bidding way like some people here would have liked, expectation to keep the 8x$1m is delusional given his output since 2017. He is a good quality player, but that kind of money should be reserved for the top 10 players in the competition and he isn't remotely close to that.

“Jacob Hopper will sign a new two-year deal that’ll take him through to free agency at GWS,” Ralph said.

“He’s a local Riverina boy, his agent Robbie D’Orazio met up with Jason McCartney yesterday so that will all take care of itself post-season..

FMD Leeton is six hours from Sydney! Hopper is hardly local! I know I grew up in Leeton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back