List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Connors on 3AW again states that this time last year, Josh had decided to come to North.

Maybe it's because I know I lot of recruitment agents, but it reminds me of the notion that people who accept counter-offers and stay with their employers tend to leave soon afterwards. Once they've made the decision to go, it doesn't take much to decide to leave again.
The only positive is we got LDU and can still get Kelly

Would have cost us that pick 4 for starters last year

So both Kelly & Dusty decided to come to us... Yet, we couldn't get either here... That's just a tad depressing.
Dusty stayed for more money, not all of which is under the salary cap.

Kelly stayed because of his manager's intervention. Connors said today that Kelly was leaving in July and changed his mind in August. Remember he (Connors) was on Open Mike in August last year (after round 22, at which point GWS were second, only half a game off top spot) and he said he was passionate about his players winning premierships. We sucked, GWS were on the verge of a dynasty, apparently, so he signed for a couple of years, hopefully a flag or two and then cash in. This is why it's really important for us to be seen to be improving between he won't go to a side that's nowhere near it, no matter the money or personal connection.

Last edited:

Yah should've had a :stern look at the end of that post ICON.

What Boomer did say was that the Giants will have to move a key player on at season's end. :stern look
I'll take it either way. Along with Connor's comments, make the move now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to just about sell the farm to get this guy. Whatever it takes. There's about six or eight untradeable players (Cunners, Browny, Higgins , Jacobs among them) but everyone else should be on the table.

LMac and Goldstein or Pruess with our goal kicking whizz Turner as cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back