List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we are serious about going after Kelly again, and if the two year extension was just putting off moving until 2019 then we should be in discussions with GWS this year as to what they are going to require. Had we lost to Brisbane last year and had Kelly decided to go, we could have just said go into the PSD and GWS would have got nothing for him. You have zero bargaining power against the wooden spooner.

We are a one bad injury run, like 2017, from looking at a potential spoon, especially if we get nobody via trade/free agency of note in the middle. If we go into 2019 spending 75-80% of our TPP effectively on the squad running around, then people can't expect us to compete if we cop injuries. We are effectively, 3-4 elite players or 2 guns down with season ending injuries before the season starts with our current TPP scenario, we have very little margin for error, we can see the impact just a few injuries are having already.

Preuss + 1st Rounder + some extra change should do it.

The extra change should involve pick swaps so that we can also benefit with our academy and father-son acquisitions this year, ie they get our second pick from next year and we get their third pick this year.

Until I see Kelly walking through the door, I'm not buying him bailing one year early on his 2 year contract. No matter who we put up on the trade table.
Yep.

And whispers are just whispers wnd can only speculate as to what they may be anyway. Could be any of their top 8 players.

But either way he is coming at one point, I just think it will be end of next year. Unfortunately.

10 score involvements, 2 goal assists, 6 inside 50s and three shots on goal (behinds).

Thought he was only playing in fourth gear to be honest. Obscenely damaging.

He's got the ability to turn games on their head, something very few players can do. When he gets going, he's really damaging.

The only positive is we got LDU and can still get Kelly

Would have cost us that pick 4 for starters last year

So Kelly was coming to NM, not St Kilda or Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preuss + 1st Rounder + some extra change should do it.
Agree, its a win/win, but think we'd need a 3rd rounder thrown in for some points. Reckon this year works for everyone, I see Xerri as more of a natural footballer than Preussy, develop him under Goldy's tutelage next couple of years, pick up another Rookie ruckman. Kelly only resigning for 2 years means GWS would be keen to deal and extract some value prior to hitting FA. Preuss and first rounder plus cap space a good get for them. We only need points for TT, see what the scoop is with Scott, and Kelly coming through the door....reckon its a big win for NMFC, GWS, Kelly, and Preuss.

Bard will play him off the hbf lol

In reality though, Jelly probably gets us over the line in the * and cola games...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

And Richmond. Reality is that with JK we'd be top 4 right now, although I doubt it would make a massive difference to our chances this year at winning the GF. Those are and always were reliant on Waite, Garner & Jacobs at a minimum being available and fir come finals time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back