List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn’t the sort of bloke that will pull you out of a hole. Over the last 18 months he has gone missing far too often when the game is in the balance.

Give me Taranto over Kelly every day of the week

He wouldn't be tasked with that on his own! Once he is included with four or five others then the situation will be a whole lot rosier....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot has changed since 2017. He is no longer flavour of the month. If he was out of contract and willing to come to North for like 600-700k, I’d take him, but GWS is gonna demand the farm.

They aren't in a position to demand the farm... isn't he is a rfa next year so could leave for nothing other than a priority pick

The resident pessimism junkies despise this thread.:D

How so?

The kid was drafted in 2013.

I've little doubt we've been in his ear continuously throughtout and we know he's had multiple opportunities to walk for significant cash to join us from 2017 onwards.

There's no pessimism about it, he's had 7 years to walk out and join North Melbourne and quite possibly never will.

Could we offer them to pick up the remainder of his contract ( without the trigger next year) for a token pick/ similar to Bonar, salary dump?

Sorry in advance if that’s a dumb question

We could offer anything we like within the rules. Whether it will be accepted is another matter. Any chance would probably depend if Jeremy Cameron re-signs and for how much. The guys I have heard on the media have said that GWS is pretty much already over the cap for 2021 so they have to shed which is the only reason I think this is even being talked about. It also means that players like Williams and Corr would have to play for a very minimal coin if they want to stay.

It is very much in the realm of fantasy but having a completely fit Cunnington plus Josh Kelly lining up for North in 2021 would make us a very different proposition. Throw in Williams as a free agent and the "rebuild" leaps forward by about 12 months.

Im a massive TT fan, but lets do the math;

TT = 2 x 1st rounders

JK = FA in 2021
1st = Phillips
1st = DGB/McDonald
TT = 2 X 1st rounders after doing 3/5s of * all (will be a very good player)

BB = pick 25-30 after drilling 180+ goals over 3 seasons...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We could offer anything we like within the rules. Whether it will be accepted is another matter. Any chance would probably depend if Jeremy Cameron re-signs and for how much. The guys I have heard on the media have said that GWS is pretty much already over the cap for 2021 so they have to shed which is the only reason I think this is even being talked about. It also means that players like Williams and Corr would have to play for a very minimal coin if they want to stay.

It is very much in the realm of fantasy but having a completely fit Cunnington plus Josh Kelly lining up for North in 2021 would make us a very different proposition. Throw in Williams as a free agent and the "rebuild" leaps forward by about 12 months.

If we got Josh and Z Williams over the off-season, my description would be "rebuilt".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NM may never get Josh Kelly, and looks like he isn't getting his promised premiership either..

NM may never get Josh Kelly, and looks like he isn't getting his promised premiership either..
The ultimate schadenfreude would be if we win a premiership while he's still playing for them fruitlessly.

We'd have to win one in the next 5-7 years, which would be dependent on the rebuild working out, but oh it would be sweet

Last edited:
The ultimate schadenfreude would be if we win a premiership while he's still playing for them fruitlessly.

We'd have to win one in the next 5-7 years, which would be depedent on the rebuild working out, but oh it would be sweet
If the universe conspires to make his happen it would be epic

We'd have to win one in the next 5-7 years, which would be dependent on the rebuild working out, but oh it would be sweet
If the universe conspires to make his happen it would be epic
I would prefer he won a three-peat with us and GWS keep Leon ‘no idea’ Cameron on for the next 20 years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back