List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I raised that on the trades board and they seem to think the first they got off Adelaide will balance it out.

LOL, and they kicked me off their for being out of line.

I swear, this website becomes more & more like a McDonald's restaurant every day.

End of the day, he chooses where he wants to play and the clubs will get it done.

The only hurdle is Matthews.

If Kelly was really that compassionate about North, he would already be at the club. Waiting for us to improve, and for GWS to decline before potentially joining is infuriating. I don’t care how loyal you are to a plastic club, declining the offer to be the highest paid player in the league, and play for your “Dream Club” is as stupid as it gets. Sitting through 2017 after the Dusty and Kelly debacle was embarrassing. Part of me wants to the win the flag, and then reject him, like he did to us. If players are too good to play for us during the building stages, why should they jump on the bandwagon and play the ‘supporter card’. I think I have the perfect metaphor for how it feels to be a North supporter every year lol. North supporters are the kids who don’t quite get what they asked for on Christmas. “Oh you wanted a Batman action figure, well here’s an Aquaman figure instead”.

Last edited:
LOL, and they kicked me off their for being out of line.

I swear, this website becomes more & more like a McDonald's restaurant every day.

The only hurdle is Matthews.

When our posters used to say our board has the best mod tolerance I always thought it was just rose coloured glasses. That was till I started venturing away from this board. Under another name I got a ban from the Polls board, I hassled the mod who banned me to lift my ban and when they did I never posted there again. The main board is basically bay 13. Forget trying to post on other clubs boards.

And yer, Matthews is a ******** but he can’t do much if Josh nominates North.

North supporters are the kids who don’t quite get what they asked for on Christmas. “Oh you wanted a Batman action figure, well here’s an Aquaman figure instead”.
I think most of us are more 'Santa Claus you @#$#, where's my f'ing bike' types.

If Kelly was really that compassionate about North, he would already be at the club. Waiting for us to improve, and for GWS to decline before potentially joining is infuriating. I don’t care how loyal you are to a plastic club, declining the offer to be the highest paid player in the league, and play for your “Dream Club” is as stupid as it gets. Sitting through 2017 after the Dusty and Kelly debacle was embarrassing. Part of me wants to the win the flag, and then reject him, like he did to us. If players are too good to play for us during the building stages, why should they jump on the bandwagon and play the ‘supporter card’. I think I have the perfect metaphor for how it feels to be a North supporter every year lol. North supporters are the kids who don’t quite get what they asked for on Christmas. “Oh you wanted a Batman action figure, well here’s an Aquaman figure instead”.
Said a similar thing so I agree. He had his chance to play for us and rejected us. Of course I still want him and we all know he is a top player. But this is not a game I like playing. If he changes his mind (based on what is being said) then we look like prize idiots again. Just close this thread until September please. We have been made fools of enough.

Said a similar thing so I agree. He had his chance to play for us and rejected us. Of course I still want him and we all know he is a top player. But this is not a game I like playing. If he changes his mind (based on what is being said) then we look like prize idiots again. Just close this thread until September please. We have been made fools of enough.

This is only BigFooty. Honestly who gives a s**t in real life? People won’t even admit to having a BigFooty account in the real world

There is a way that you can actually avoid those self loathing feelings without shutting this thread. What you do is this:

DON'T OPEN THE THREAD!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a way that you can actually avoid those self loathing feelings without shutting this thread. What you do is this:

DON'T OPEN THE THREAD!!!
Its like driving past an accident - you don't wanna look but you have to.

Speak for yourself. I put my Bigfooty trophy points on my resumé.
Exactly. What is there to be ashamed of?

On boxing day I went to the movies with my awesome Mrs. to see Aquaman. We'd eaten dinner early but I was still pretty hungry so I left half way through the movie to get a hot dog. When I walked up to the staff member to pay he shook my hand. Then the manager came out and did the same. After a minute there were like 20 people around me. This was a quiet time too because it was midway through a few movies so not many people were around. I started to get freaked out because I had to get back to my wife. So I started to eat the hot dog while I'm shaking hands and taking pictures. 20-25 minutes had gone and I think i'd taken about 30 photos and given out around 25 autographs. Then someone from the back pulled out a North Melbourne flag and started running around Scoop Alley with it.

I went back in to the movie and my wife said "where have you been?" and I told her I got mobbed outside. When the movie finished we exited the cinema and there are 50 people or more mainly women and a few men dressed in North gear. It was crazy. I said "hey we got to get going, my wife is tired". We got outside I walk into the night and more people were running at us by the car shouting "Groin Guru! Groin Guru! Groin Guru!". I was flash mobbed. I told people after and they said "well why didn't you video tape it" but at a certain point you're trying to hide. I'm not like "oh I'm a celebrity leave me alone". The crazy thing is we parked about 200 metres down the street and when we drove past the cinema more people were running in presumably thinking I was still in there (social media is crazy these days!" Again, I'm not building myself up, forget me! They just see North as a symbol of standing up against everything that's wrong in the AFL.

I had to stop off at the newly build Woolworths opposite Arden Street later to get some eggs because I was going to cook my Mrs some eggs on toast the following morning. Seriously it was like 'Fight Club' in there. Every one I walked past was saying "appreciate you" and "keep it up"...down every aisle. I'm talking like every second person...black, white, Hispanic, old people, young people, women that said they were lesbian, Germans that could barely speak english and Japanese...it was insane! My mrs said "just go get a hat". So I went back to the car and got my 2018 North Canterbury hat (one with the camo thinking it'd help me blend in). I'll admit it helped a little because I could barely get down the veggie aisle. We just grabbed what we needed and left. If I had of stayed any longer they would literally be grabbing me and putting me on their shoulders.

I went home and did a deep analysis of this - North are winning and people love us. The membership numbers. The new signings. There's a genuine buzz around all things North Melbourne at the moment...Be proud of that you're a member. Be proud that you're a big part of the North big footy board. We're a community and great things are happening!

I don’t think this is embarrassing at all

Dusty, Kelly and Gaff said no to multiple clubs and it was between their original clubs and us. It was not like any of them chose someone else over us, we were always in a better position

For a club like ours to have some of the most elite players to seriously contemplate leaving their club to go to us is very impressive (regardless on whether we landed them or not). We’ve never been a huge club like Collingwood, Richmond etc

North are doing a lot of things right :)

I don’t think this is embarrassing at all

Dusty, Kelly and Gaff said no to multiple clubs and it was between their original clubs and us. It was not like any of them chose someone else over us, we were always in a better position

For a club like ours to have some of the most elite players to seriously contemplate leaving their club to go to us is very impressive (regardless on whether we landed them or not). We’ve never been a huge club like Collingwood, Richmond etc

North are doing a lot of things right :)

Logical take but it doesn't lead to click bait.

Exactly. What is there to be ashamed of?

On boxing day I went to the movies with my awesome Mrs. to see Aquaman. We'd eaten dinner early but I was still pretty hungry so I left half way through the movie to get a hot dog. When I walked up to the staff member to pay he shook my hand. Then the manager came out and did the same. After a minute there were like 20 people around me. This was a quiet time too because it was midway through a few movies so not many people were around. I started to get freaked out because I had to get back to my wife. So I started to eat the hot dog while I'm shaking hands and taking pictures. 20-25 minutes had gone and I think i'd taken about 30 photos and given out around 25 autographs. Then someone from the back pulled out a North Melbourne flag and started running around Scoop Alley with it.

I went back in to the movie and my wife said "where have you been?" and I told her I got mobbed outside. When the movie finished we exited the cinema and there are 50 people or more mainly women and a few men dressed in North gear. It was crazy. I said "hey we got to get going, my wife is tired". We got outside I walk into the night and more people were running at us by the car shouting "Groin Guru! Groin Guru! Groin Guru!". I was flash mobbed. I told people after and they said "well why didn't you video tape it" but at a certain point you're trying to hide. I'm not like "oh I'm a celebrity leave me alone". The crazy thing is we parked about 200 metres down the street and when we drove past the cinema more people were running in presumably thinking I was still in there (social media is crazy these days!" Again, I'm not building myself up, forget me! They just see North as a symbol of standing up against everything that's wrong in the AFL.

I had to stop off at the newly build Woolworths opposite Arden Street later to get some eggs because I was going to cook my Mrs some eggs on toast the following morning. Seriously it was like 'Fight Club' in there. Every one I walked past was saying "appreciate you" and "keep it up"...down every aisle. I'm talking like every second person...black, white, Hispanic, old people, young people, women that said they were lesbian, Germans that could barely speak english and Japanese...it was insane! My mrs said "just go get a hat". So I went back to the car and got my 2018 North Canterbury hat (one with the camo thinking it'd help me blend in). I'll admit it helped a little because I could barely get down the veggie aisle. We just grabbed what we needed and left. If I had of stayed any longer they would literally be grabbing me and putting me on their shoulders.

I went home and did a deep analysis of this - North are winning and people love us. The membership numbers. The new signings. There's a genuine buzz around all things North Melbourne at the moment...Be proud of that you're a member. Be proud that you're a big part of the North big footy board. We're a community and great things are happening!

Don't want to p1ss on your parade, but the facts show that we have the lowest membership numbers of any Victorian club and are only ahead of the Lions, Suns, and GWS.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-26/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

So any keyboard campaigners out there who spend hours on here banging on about their love for the club, show you are a real supporter and get out NOW and buy a NMFC membership if you haven't done so already. FFS as supporters we need to band together and treat the membership race as our own premiership. As a bare minimum we need to have more memberships than St Kilda and Fooders-cray.

Don't want to p1ss on your parade, but the facts show that we have the lowest membership numbers of any Victorian club and are only ahead of the Lions, Suns, and GWS.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-26/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

So any keyboard campaigners out there who spend hours on here banging on about their love for the club, show you are a real supporter and get out NOW and buy a NMFC membership if you haven't done so already. FFS as supporters we need to band together and treat the membership race as our own premiership. As a bare minimum we need to have more memberships than St Kilda and Fooders-cray.
Yeah except we have more members than saints according to that article.

I understand that Richmond has around 100000 members. Expressed as a percentage of the Worlds population, that's 0.0013% (rounded up to the 4th decimal place) of the Worlds population.

Looked at from a different perspective, that means that 99.87% of the Worlds population are not members of Richmond.

That's "massive" really isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back