List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Richmond has around 100000 members. Expressed as a percentage of the Worlds population, that's 0.0013% (rounded up to the 4th decimal place) of the Worlds population.

Looked at from a different perspective, that means that 99.87% of the Worlds population are not members of Richmond.

That's "massive" really isn't it?
Hmmm you had your Solero Sherry a bit early tonight?

Said a similar thing so I agree. He had his chance to play for us and rejected us. Of course I still want him and we all know he is a top player. But this is not a game I like playing. If he changes his mind (based on what is being said) then we look like prize idiots again. Just close this thread until September please. We have been made fools of enough.
You mean you have. Because you're only a fool if you think that. And I am saying that in a philosophicall way, so don't mistake that as me having a crack at you.

But what does really bugs me, and tbh not that much as I don't take the internet very seriously, is people wanting threads closed. That is what you want, and I am sure there are others. But that's not a legitimate reason to close a thread.

Last edited:
I understand that Richmond has around 100000 members. Expressed as a percentage of the Worlds population, that's 0.0013% (rounded up to the 4th decimal place) of the Worlds population.

Looked at from a different perspective, that means that 99.87% of the Worlds population are not members of Richmond.

99.9987% wouldn't it be?

Don't want to p1ss on your parade, but the facts show that we have the lowest membership numbers of any Victorian club and are only ahead of the Lions, Suns, and GWS.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-26/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

So any keyboard campaigners out there who spend hours on here banging on about their love for the club, show you are a real supporter and get out NOW and buy a NMFC membership if you haven't done so already. FFS as supporters we need to band together and treat the membership race as our own premiership. As a bare minimum we need to have more memberships than St Kilda and Fooders-cray.

In 2017, Richmond leaped to the top of the so-called membership ladder. In that same year, The Last Jedi was the box office champion and Donald Trump became president of the United States. Tell me again why it's so important to align your own choices / preferences with popularity. Do you need validation that badly?

You mean you have. Because you're only a fool if you think that. And I am saying that in a philosophicall way, so don't mistake that as me having a crack at you.

But what does really bugs me, and tbh not that much as I don't take the internet very seriously, is people wanting threads closed. That is what you want, and I am sure there are others. But that's not a legitimate reason to close a thread.
Ummmm - you take my comments way too seriously.

Don't want to p1ss on your parade, but the facts show that we have the lowest membership numbers of any Victorian club and are only ahead of the Lions, Suns, and GWS.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-26/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

So any keyboard campaigners out there who spend hours on here banging on about their love for the club, show you are a real supporter and get out NOW and buy a NMFC membership if you haven't done so already. FFS as supporters we need to band together and treat the membership race as our own premiership. As a bare minimum we need to have more memberships than St Kilda and Fooders-cray.
They're coming. We are clearly the people's club!

In 2017, Richmond leaped to the top of the so-called membership ladder. In that same year, The Last Jedi was the box office champion and Donald Trump became president of the United States. Tell me again why it's so important to align your own choices / preferences with popularity. Do you need validation that badly?

personally no, but you do realize that people buying memberships does financially support the NMFC? Or are you a communis

Nothing to do with popularity. You do realize that memberships sold equate to revenue for NMFC? Or do you subscribe some Marxist utopian society where everyone lives off hand outs?

Don't you mean 99.9987% Horace?

Edit: tectonic best me to the punch.

Two pleasing things are is even more don't support *and and that NMFC is an exclusive institution.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Don't you mean 99.9987% Horace?

Edit: tectonic best me to the punch.

Two pleasing things are is even more don't support *and and that NMFC is an exclusive institution.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thanks blackshadow. I was too quick to post and never checked my arithmetic.

Here's another interesting stat. The largest attendance ever at a concert was in Brazil in 1994 when 3.5 million people rocked up to watch Rod Stewart perform. How do the membership figures at the Tigers and yes *essendon stack up against that?

If JK wants to play in big games then he had better time travel back to 1994 and insert himself in that crowd. That would have been a big game.

Here's another interesting stat. The largest attendance ever at a concert was in Brazil in 1994 when 3.5 million people rocked up to watch Rod Stewart perform.
Gee, I would hate to be the last through the gate to that concert, Rockin Rod would've looked like a singing Tic-Tac from Level 500, row 5,000, seat 500,001....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Josh Kelly nominates North Melbourne during the trade period.

GWS requests 2 x first round picks + LDU.

No significant currency coming back your way.

Do you make the trade?

Do you make the trade?

No. That’s absolutely ridiculous. 2 first rounders is enough. If we give up LDU (pick 4) that’s 3 first round picks for 1 player.

No. That’s absolutely ridiculous. 2 first rounders is enough. If we give up LDU (pick 4) that’s 3 first round picks for 1 player.

Kelly is arguably the best midfielder in the competition when on the field and only 23 y.o.

Your first round draft picks could be between picks 10-12.

I would argue that when you're trading for the best player in the competition, mid first rounders don't cut the mustard.

Draft picks are speculative and Kelly is a guaranteed star for the next decade.

To put the trade in perspective, take a look at what Chad Wingard cost Hawthorn.

Hawthorn In:
Wingard
2019 third round selection

Hawthorn Out:
Ryan Burton (first round selection in the 2015 AFL draft)
2018 first round selection
2018 second round selection
2019 fourth round selection

If you take away the swap of 3rd and 4th rounders from the deal, that's effectively 2 x first rounders + 1 x second rounder for Wingard.

If Wingard fetches that sort of price, I could only imagine Kelly would be worth more given Wingard's form over the past two seasons.

Kelly is arguably the best midfielder in the competition when on the field and only 23 y.o.

Your first round draft picks could be between picks 10-12.

I would argue that when you're trading for the best player in the competition, mid first rounders don't cut the mustard.

Draft picks are speculative and Kelly is a guaranteed star for the next decade.

Gws have gone on record and said they don’t rate any of our players
2 first rounders more than enough

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

North Melbourne has plenty of talent.

The only thing that comment says is stay away from Josh Kelly.

I can guarantee you that if Kelly requests a trade to North Melbourne, they'll suddenly realise you have a couple of players they like.

The problem is the players they may propose as part of a trade may be deemed as untouchable to North supporters.

A trade for Kelly could be both a blessing and a curse.

To put the trade in perspective, take a look at what Chad Wingard cost Hawthorn.

Hawthorn In:
Wingard
2019 third round selection

Hawthorn Out:
Ryan Burton (first round selection in the 2015 AFL draft)
2018 first round selection
2018 second round selection
2019 fourth round selection

If you take away the swap of 3rd and 4th rounders from the deal, that's effectively 2 x first rounders + 1 x second rounder for Wingard.

If Wingard fetches that sort of price, I could only imagine Kelly would be worth more given Wingard's form over the past two seasons.

Wingard was under contract.

Do you make the trade?

I don't even entertain such a ludicrous proposition.

Kelly will require a top 10 pick and another 1st round pick.

My guess is we'll have to trade up a 1st & 2nd round pick for a good top 10 pick.

If we finish 2019 in the top 8, then I suspect we will end up with pick 11-14 and 29-32 which could be potentially be traded for pick 6-10 depending on father-son and academy machinations.

Hypothetically, picks 8 & 2020 1st round pick (11-14?) would get the deal done. It's either they do it now, or we bid him out of them for nothing in 2021.

Do you make the trade?

That's a very plausible possibility. As is us finishing 7th/8th and winning a final (we're good at winning elims). So say we end up with pick 12. That ends up being pick 15 after various academy lurks and the like. We're a rising good side and with JK in the middle likely to go further. So then 2020's first can reasonably assumed to be in that same early to mid teens bracket (then expanded out further).

So if the deal is picks 15 and 19 and LDU for Josh Kelly then yes, I'm biting GWS' hand off for that deal.

Last edited:

That was posturing nearly two years ago.

Believe they will suddenly like our young players.

I actually reckon the one they'll demand is TARRYN THOMAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back