List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if North were dumb enough to trade Lukey, it wouldn’t be to gws. He ain’t moving to Sydney. IF North were dumb enough to trade him it would be to a Victorian club for a high pick, that pick plus our first round pick would be enough to get it done.

You have to give up quality to get quality and GWS already have plenty of first rounders and would be getting sick of high picks waltzing back to Vic.

IF we get Josh to agree, they'll want LDU/Simpkin/Tarryn as a start.

Gws have gone on record and said they don’t rate any of our players
2 first rounders more than enough

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont think that's right. We've said the last two years we want draft picks.We just haven't been able to to add high value players because of the cap.

The days when we had real depth of talent are over.

Dave Matthew's promised us members we would be able to target a big fish next year, we wait and see. Our position re bringing in players may be different though.

What GWS want and what they get for an uncontracted player are completely separate things.

Remember you can't trade a player to a club he doesn't want to go to. This makes whoever offers the best deal to GWS irrelevant.

They'll take unders or they push him to the draft.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What GWS want and what they get for an uncontracted player are completely separate things.

Remember you can't trade a player to a club he doesn't want to go to. This makes whoever offers the best deal to GWS irrelevant.

They'll take unders or they push him to the draft.

Unless Josh is convinced again by his loyal team mates that it's the right thing to stay so they can finish off something that they all started together. Never underestimate the power of the loyalty card being dealt out by the boys he trusts will remain one club players regardless of the cash on offer from elsewhere.

Unless Josh is convinced again by his loyal team mates that it's the right thing to stay so they can finish off something that they all started together. Never underestimate the power of the loyalty card being dealt out by the boys he trusts will remain one club players regardless of the cash on offer from elsewhere.
And if that's what he does good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had their opportunity for a good player + picks 2 years ago and decided 2 years out of Kelly was worth more. It'll be picks and at most someone we're comfortable offloading (which obviously could be for a variety of reasons) IMO. Talk of LDU is laughable for mine.

Loyal teammates like Dylan Shiel, Devon Smith, Tom Scully, Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams?

I reckon he's been burnt on that front in the last couple of years and it'll be a hard spin for the club to put on it this time around. All they've got is "win a flag, enjoy life in Sydney away from the media spotlight". The two clubs will each be offering their own pitch on the money/success/lifestyle equation and I don't reckon GWS are the leader on two of those. And on success, Joyces will have a better story to tell than a couple of years ago.

North Melbourne has plenty of talent.

The only thing that comment says is stay away from Josh Kelly.

I can guarantee you that if Kelly requests a trade to North Melbourne, they'll suddenly realise you have a couple of players they like.

The problem is the players they may propose as part of a trade may be deemed as untouchable to North supporters.

A trade for Kelly could be both a blessing and a curse.
So wait till he’s a fa and they get literally fa

I'd guess any of our listed players who became involved in the trade would be there by virtue of representing a value proposition and sitting in our 10-20 range. If a player wasn't consistently picked over the season that would naturally drive up their value.

McKay is actually a plausible suggestion. If he's sitting in Preuss' position come mid-year he could well be the deal breaker.

Hope not though.

I'd guess any of our listed players who became involved in the trade would be there by virtue of representing a value proposition and sitting in our 10-20 range. If a player wasn't consistently picked over the season that would naturally drive up their value.

McKay is actually a plausible suggestion. If he's sitting in Preuss' position come mid-year he could well be the deal breaker.

Hope not though.
Yep can see that with someone like Wood. With Daw being out for the foreseeable future, Nielson being delisted and the age of Thompson and Tarrant, McKay's value just went up 10-fold

I dont think that's right. We've said the last two years we want draft picks.We just haven't been able to to add high value players because of the cap.

The days when we had real depth of talent are over.

Dave Matthew's promised us members we would be able to target a big fish next year, we wait and see. Our position re bringing in players may be different though.

Yes, but I can only see that happen once you trade out a top player.

Coniglio, Hopper, Himmelberg & Tomlinson are also out of contract and are going to need top ups. Deledio appears to be the only decent coin leaving.

I can't see you keeping Kelly PLUS that lot and then grabbing a "big fish" as well. You're also going to need a decent ruckman.

If Kelly is traded to North, then our couple of 1st round picks PLUS some cap room, will land you a "big fish".

I don't believe for a minute that the Giants are entertaining an LDU or a Thomas, they have their own junior talent to develop. They want an established ready to go "big fish".

Wouldn't be surprised if they asked for McKay

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Possible, but you can scrap the idea of anything other than a single 1st round pick in that trade, and it would leave us seriously bare in the developing true KPD department.

Yes, but I can only see that happen once you trade out a top player.

Coniglio, Hopper, Himmelberg & Tomlinson are also out of contract and are going to need top ups. Deledio appears to be the only decent coin leaving.

I can't see you keeping Kelly PLUS that lot and then grabbing a "big fish" as well. You're also going to need a decent ruckman.

If Kelly is traded to North, then our couple of 1st round picks PLUS some cap room, will land you a "big fish".

I don't believe for a minute that the Giants are entertaining an LDU or a Thomas, they have their own junior talent to develop. They want an established ready to go "big fish".

Whitfield OOC too yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back