List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no signs pointing to him coming to North. Not that there really could be at this point.

His comments in the article indicated a greater affinity for Sydney and GWS than was necessary to maintain the status quo.

He still hasn't signed with them though. But that doesn't indicated anything positive for us other than the worst has already hit.

So. A long year ahead, if you're putting any emotional investment in this.

There are no signs pointing to him coming to North. Not that there really could be at this point.

His comments in the article indicated a greater affinity for Sydney and GWS than was necessary to maintain the status quo.

He still hasn't signed with them though. But that doesn't indicated anything positive for us other than the worst has already hit.

So. A long year ahead, if you're putting any emotional investment in this.

Not relevant to the thread, but what was your old username? You’ve got a shitload of posts and are a North supporter but I can’t figure out who you are?

It annoys me that he wrote
North Melbourne understand instead of rival clubs understand, because you can be sure as s**t that if he remains unsigned articles, radio hosts, tv ‘experts’ would be banging on about StKilda, Carlton, Hawks etc potentiality luring him.

The moment he appears to stay, North can’t land a big fish. campaigners

Yes I agree with this - if he is on the market, then every club is into him. If he decides to stay, then only North missed out. How does that work?

Oh No now we are stuffed What No Josh Kelly.They had plans to make him the king of North Melb.The media will say No wants to come to us etc and Members will put Maunure at our front door oh Hang on we are not Shitmond lol.
We will survive with Or without Josh cos we are Shinboners #North150

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a fair gamble by GWS as well.
Carlton are crazy into Hopper and he is a mad chance of moving. Reason why they can afford to give Kelly the competitive offer.

He should be our target.

Way I see it, GWS have to offer him a long term contract now on big dollars that match the coin we had on offer or trade him. And Josh really needs to contemplate where his best chances are of winning a flag particularly if other experienced players keep jumping ship. Another 2 year contract is a risky prospect for the Giants, and face losing him to free agency with bugger all coming back the other way. They need to make a big multi year offer to Josh now. If he doesn't sign that, then his heart isn't in Sydney and so he should be traded to extract maximum value. He signed on for 2 years to try win a flag and arguably if players keep leaving that window may begin to close. That's why I can see him signing a contract of any sort until much later in the season to better judge where both the GWS and NMFC are at, and why we need to beat them head to head and on the ladder.

You must be incredibly thin-skinned to interpret my post as a troll. Maybe it's time to log off and cool down if you can't handle a bit of well-meaning feedback.

I love the boys and our club, but **** I dread the potential of sitting next to nuffies like you this season...

My guess is you're a Carlton shitman.

There is a fair gamble by GWS as well.

Way I see it, GWS have to offer him a long term contract now on big dollars that match the coin we had on offer or trade him. And Josh really needs to contemplate where his best chances are of winning a flag particularly if other experienced players keep jumping ship. Another 2 year contract is a risky prospect for the Giants, and face losing him to free agency with bugger all coming back the other way. They need to make a big multi year offer to Josh now. If he doesn't sign that, then his heart isn't in Sydney and so he should be traded to extract maximum value. He signed on for 2 years to try win a flag and arguably if players keep leaving that window may begin to close. That's why I can see him signing a contract of any sort until much later in the season to better judge where both the GWS and NMFC are at, and why we need to beat them head to head and on the ladder.

I have to admit the mean and nasty part of me is still clutching to the dream of mercilessly teasing Josh when he comes to us in 2020 about how we won in 2019 and he missed out. I'm just that kind of guy. The only thing worse than giving up a lifetime payday for a chance at a Premiership is doing so and missing out on that Premiership to the team that was offering the cash.

I have to admit the mean and nasty part of me is still clutching to the dream of mercilessly teasing Josh when he comes to us in 2020 about how we won in 2019 and he missed out. I'm just that kind of guy. The only thing worse than giving up a lifetime payday for a chance at a Premiership is doing so and missing out on that Premiership to the team that was offering the cash.
Didn't Brisbane beat Collingwood in a GF in the last 20 years?

s**t yeah. Mainly because that means that we've won a Premiership in 2019 and I cannot think of anything better than that.

If we win it this year, I don't give a stuff who plays with us in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back