List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh posted a lovely video on Insta yesterday where he surprised his grandparents by arriving in Melbourne for his grandfather’s 90th birthday.

I’m hoping (i.e praying) that it’s moments like that that persuade him to come home (to North)!

Home is calling you Josh

He's going down the North Melbourne flats to buy his gear?

Used to see him bopping along Abbotsford Street (wearing all black of course) quite regularly back in the early 80's.

Used to see him bopping along Abbotsford Street (wearing all black of course) quite regularly back in the early 80's.

In the first share house I lived in - more like a permanent rave with occasional sleeping done - in Adderley Street, in 1994, I was playing Nick Cave one arvo and the neighbour (good bloke, a keen GARDENER and occasional TRAVELLER TO OTHER DIMENSIONS) sticks his head over the back fence and goes, bloody Nick, still owes me $300.

I invite him over and he regales me with tales of running with Cave and crew across St Kilda in the late 70s and him dealing a bit and Nick lashing off to London without paying his tick lol.

"Hopefully from my point of view, from a selfish point of view, we can get it done before the season starts."

Don’t reckon I read that in Robbo’s interview which they were quoting from.

If true, reckon he stays.

I would love nothing more for Josh to come to us, especially with his Dad’s and family connection but I feel he is making his own journey up in GWS and the pull to come ‘home’ isn’t what it may have once been.

Hope I’m wrong...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Hopefully from my point of view, from a selfish point of view, we can get it done before the season starts."

Don’t reckon I read that in Robbo’s interview which they were quoting from.

If true, reckon he stays.

I would love nothing more for Josh to come to us, especially with his Dad’s and family connection but I feel he is making his own journey up in GWS and the pull to come ‘home’ isn’t what it may have once been.

Hope I’m wrong...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s a quote from Leon Cameron a while back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don’t believe he is coming. If he’s going to stay hope he does it sooner rather than later

I was more confident on Dusty and Gaff

I am confident in our list that we are building something awesome, with or without Kelly :)

LOL, the Slobbo article has been cherry picked yet again and placed on high rotation.

The Jolimont spin machine is on fire.

“Hopefully from my point of view, from a selfish point of view, we can get it done before the season starts.” - Leon Cameron

Why? If he's so "confident", then why does he care if it's done this week or in 3 months time? It reeks of nervousness to me.

LOL, the Slobbo article has been cherry picked yet again and placed on high rotation.

The Jolimont spin machine is on fire.

“Hopefully from my point of view, from a selfish point of view, we can get it done before the season starts.” - Leon Cameron

Why? If he's so "confident", then why does he care if it's done this week or in 3 months time? It reeks of nervousness to me.

Docklands now mate.

With the pretext of - yes, of course I'd want him at our club if it eventuates - I'm still of the less expressed view of disrespecting him based on his last decision should he eventually choose us.

Other players have met a suitor, bought into the new culture and moved on with their lives on from that point. If as reported by some Josh went well down the path with us then suddenly hedged his bets with loyalty to his current franchise and their high prospect of immediate success while also wanting us to demonstrate some sort of qualification for his affections .. then dunno.

Let's be honest, Josh Kelly would walk into any team and be the best mid at nearly every side in the league.

BUT, and like J.Lo's, this is a very big but, it isn't 2016 anymore, and we're not as desperate for midfield quality as we were.

The Ahern move has paid off, the only question now is how much we collect on that punt, and from the evidence last year, and the shape he's in now, it is looking very much like we got an ultra classy inside outside former high draft pick mid off GWS anyway, and we only had to pay chicken feed.

Anderson has come on and become the player we traded for. Froggy Dumont has taken the next step and is 10x the player he was in 2016.

Jy Simpkin looks like he'll be able to fill a high quality inside/outside mid role.

And there's a certain bloke called LDU who we would have given away to get Josh who is tracking very nicely indeed.

Then there are guys like Will Walker and Tarryn Thomas who could be anything.

We had a crack with Josh and he decided he didn't want to take what we offered. Fair enough. I suspect he had an idea, and had certainly been fed the idea, that we were in for a long rebuild and GWS were set for flag glory.

If when FA comes he puts himself on the market, sure, let's bid, but now, whatevs, things have turned out pretty nicely imo.

Let's be honest, Josh Kelly would walk into any team and be the best mid at nearly every side in the league.

BUT, and like J.Lo's, this is a very big but, it isn't 2016 anymore, and we're not as desperate for midfield quality as we were.

The Ahern move has paid off, the only question now is how much we collect on that punt, and from the evidence last year, and the shape he's in now, it is looking very much like we got an ultra classy inside outside former high draft pick mid off GWS anyway, and we only had to pay chicken feed.

Anderson has come on and become the player we traded for. Froggy Dumont has taken the next step and is 10x the player he was in 2016.

Jy Simpkin looks like he'll be able to fill a high quality inside/outside mid role.

And there's a certain bloke called LDU who we would have given away to get Josh who is tracking very nicely indeed.

Then there are guys like Will Walker and Tarryn Thomas who could be anything.

We had a crack with Josh and he decided he didn't want to take what we offered. Fair enough. I suspect he had an idea, and had certainly been fed the idea, that we were in for a long rebuild and GWS were set for flag glory.

If when FA comes he puts himself on the market, sure, let's bid, but now, whatevs, things have turned out pretty nicely imo.

I'm a little more conservative on proclaiming that all our winning tickets have already come in but see it pretty much the same way.

Fwiw aside from Tom Boyd to a small extent there still hasn't been a modern era 'big name' (and Josh isn't that from a marketing perspective) / 'big money' signing that resulted in a flag.

It might've been through circumstance but the targeted approach towards Polec, Hall, Tyson reminded me a lot of the successful recruitment period when we landed Grant, McCartney, Abraham. Allowing that Grant was a higher profile player than that lot (let's not forget he cost us our vice-captain) both periods saw us get some potentially high quality players with strengths suited to our list while not spending too much.

Contrast to dealing for Colbert who was the 2nd coming at the time (sound familiar?), cost us the farm and delivered next to nothing in terms of team on-field outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back