List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBH I'm pretty devastated to miss out on both Dusty and JK. I feel like we're heading towards another 'treading water' year next year, and I worry that we're wasting the prime of guys like Ziebell, Tarrant, Cunnington and Higgins.
at least you've got more $$ to throw at Benny Brown.

BTW I wouldn't be too distressed about missing out. It'll give you time to focus on the draft and developing your kids. History shows that recruits like Dusty and Kelly are only of value if you are topping up a very competitive list.

Hawthorn only topped up once they built their core side around Roughy, Hodge, Sewell, Birchall, Mitchell, Lewis etc.
Similarly the Swans went after Buddy with their list already strong.

The only way this would've worked was if you nabbed BOTH Dusty and Kelly. Good luck at the draft.

at least you've got more $$ to throw at

I'm not sure this was ever an issue.

Given the $1.5 per year + $1m+ per year we just put in front of two targets at once.

How much do you think we're going to pay Brown?

Also anyone who wants the tigers to succeed. Go wash your mouth out. *vomits*

It's possible for gws to win a preliminary and then get beaten in the granny you know? Best of both worlds.

Think big lads and ladies

Unfortunately at this point of the season if you're not in it almost no result is positive. I would happily see no team win it. Probably Adelaide I feel have done it bloody hard over the last couple of years, so as much as I can't stand them I can at least admire that they have copped the rough end in quite a few ways and come out harder and stronger.

1) plastic club vs. Boyhood club his dad played for
2) scott is a really good coach
3) North didn't win the spoon despite the worst injury list in the league. Still managed to finish higher than the superstar team carlton.
4) i blame him
5) the only terrible part of this thread is you crying and missing out on Kelly. Some exceptional posts by jindrrk in here.

1)Hes been a part of gws for 4 or 5 years now his connection with north is likely gone. Sadly he isnt like us fans anymore.
2) Scott is just not that good, on average we have finished mid table for 8 years battling our way to prelims where we mostly got found out.
3) Most teams get injuries and Brisbane tanked their last match.
4) im already over it both dusty and kelly were always long shots. I got my hopes up round 5 when we announced the kelly offer. Since then kelly has looked less and less likely so i havent bothered investing much time into it. Some people were already suggesting trades and future teams when he wasnt even ours which was laughable. Its a shame but anyone berating him for not coming is silly he probably thinks he can get an even better offer in 2 years time.

Onward and upward to the draft.

I know its been touched on in this thread but somehow someway the North hierarchy have to try and ensure these godfather offers remain confidential because no player wants to be seen in the eyes of all, leaving a club purely for money! Along with that, then comes the added pressure to perform amongst teammates and under media scrutiny.

I actually want a player to come to North who wants to play for North and not just come for the $ alone! Maybe I'm naive...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite part was how he called GWS a 'club.'

:rolleyes: Yeah, 'club.'
May be GWS are going to name their B&F after him. Each of his family members and dog can have their names on one of the red empty seats at AFL Spot the Person stadium.

I'm not sure this was ever an issue.

Given the $1.5 per year + $1m+ per year we just put in front of two targets at once.

How much do you think we're going to pay Brown?

Dunno - but trade period hasn't started yet and until he signs on he's going to be a target. All I'm saying is that you have more $$ to throw around, maybe not just at BB but others as well (I don't know your contracted list status). Or use the $$ on other targets.

I know its been touched on in this thread but somehow someway the North hierarchy have to try and ensure these godfather offers remain confidential because no player wants to be seen in the eyes of all, leaving a club purely for money! Along with that, then comes the added pressure to perform amongst teammates and under media scrutiny.

I actually want a player to come to North who wants to play for North and not just come for the $ alone! Maybe I'm naive...
Agree. But JK was the best placed to fit your description of a player wanting to come not just for the money.

On EVA-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

good point. Tom Boyd is a good example of this and while his 2016 finals series was superb it eventually affected him (and his relationship with Cordy)
Even Buddy has been affected and he's a far better player than Boyd and Kelly.

FWIW it made sense for Dusty to turn down the offer. Being the sole marquee player with an unbelievable price tag would've made it difficult to cope. And he wouldn't have the playing support cast to help him.

We aimed high and just fell short.

Move on to the restricted and unrestricted free agents.

Come back in 2 years.

Yep, see you in a couple of years Josh.

calmese1.php

In the meantime, I hope your "club" is shyte, and that you see an exodus from the AFL construct as the ship sinks faster than the AFL's cash invested in your rabble. :)

Ciao!

Dunno - but trade period hasn't started yet and until he signs on he's going to be a target. All I'm saying is that you have more $$ to throw around, maybe not just at BB but others as well (I don't know your contracted list status). Or use the $$ on other targets.

He's contracted.

Well that was nice while it lasted.

FWIW Months ago i did an online I Ching reading that basically said Kelly probably wouldn't come but that would be better for the side in the short and medium term. So frankly if we still need him in two years we need to have a serious look at our list management, development etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back