List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's hit up Cerra/Dow in the draft, pick up a nice skilfull flanker type at 21 & pick up someone RFA/UFA

Return next year for Rankine/Loukosius/Max King, Tarryn Thomas, Bailey Scott & Joel Crocker

Go to the RFA/UFA again.

Grab JK in in 2019 when it all starts to come together.

We may have lost the battle, but we haven't lost the war!

upload_2017-9-18_14-5-37.jpeg

Well, they are in a prelim after hammering West Coast so it's not really much of a stretch for him to think that Taz.

Romanticism about (apparently) loving North aside, it's a sensible decision and one in which most players would make considering the early state of his career, and the state of the respective lists.
After what Adelaide did to them last week, minus Cameron and Mumford now they are cannon fodder.

In b4 lock

JK likes looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Hope you've made the right decision and that our list over the next 2 years moves on to the point where we don't need you.
Also, new avatar made me laugh out loud.

I actually want a player to come to North who wants to play for North and not just come for the $ alone! Maybe I'm naive...

Yeah totally agree.

I don't give a s**t who the player is, if you don't want to play for North and you're only here for the $ you can * off.

Which is why I wouldn't mind the package coming to North because he grew up following North.

Kelly thread was closed a bit early. Josh is speaking atm:

WC: he's made some enormous sacrifices. He understands we're on a journey and that sacrifices need to be made so we're delight he's signed.
JK: this is my home. It's been my home for four years and I'm excited that it will be for another two years.
JK: I'm stoked and extremely excited to sign on.
JK: it's something I never really faced before so it was new to me. Being away from the fishbowl that is Melbourne made it easier.
JK: there was never any pressure from the club. A few jokes from teammates but otherwise I could sweep that focus aside.
JK: I love the club, I love the boys. We're working towards something special.
JK: it was something I decided on a few weeks ago but now the time is right.
WC on Kelly: we were a little nervous. For an elite decision maker on the field he can procrastinate a fair bit off it.
JK on other offers: I did look at them but they never swayed me.
WC: this is an enormous endorsement for the club.
WC on length of contract: were comfortable with the deal.
JK on contract length: it is what it is, I've just re-signed I'm not thinking about the next one.
JK on Prelim crowd: I'm excited, I'm looking forward to the challenge. The opportunity for us is amazing.
JK on Martin: we had a funny chat about the challenges at the All Australian.
JK on Semi: we didn't start the way we liked. We addressed that against West Coast. We just need to focus on what we can control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had him right up until then. The Martin decision might have been the deal breaker.

Kelly thread was closed a bit early. Josh is speaking atm:

WC: he's made some enormous sacrifices. He understands we're on a journey and that sacrifices need to be made so we're delight he's signed.
JK: this is my home. It's been my home for four years and I'm excited that it will be for another two years.
JK: I'm stoked and extremely excited to sign on.
JK: it's something I never really faced before so it was new to me. Being away from the fishbowl that is Melbourne made it easier.
JK: there was never any pressure from the club. A few jokes from teammates but otherwise I could sweep that focus aside.
JK: I love the club, I love the boys. We're working towards something special.
WC on Kelly: we were a little nervous. For an elite decision maker on the field he can procrastinate a fair bit off it.
JK on other offers: I did look at them but they never swayed me.
WC: this is an enormous endorsement for the club.
WC on length of contract: were comfortable with the deal.
JK on contract length: it is what it is, I've just re-signed I'm not thinking about the next one.
JK on Prelim crowd: I'm excited, I'm looking forward to the challenge. The opportunity for us is amazing.
JK on Martin: we had a funny chat about the challenges at the All Australian.
JK on Semi: we didn't start the way we liked. We addressed that against West Coast. We just need to focus on what we can control.

What doesn't come across in that printed exerpt from his presser, unlike the soundbyte, are the number of lengthy pauses as he responded with accompanying nervous laughter. We came within a bee's dick of snaring him.

We had him right up until then. The Martin decision might have been the deal breaker.

Agree.

What doesn't come across in that printed exerpt from his presser, unlike the soundbyte, are the number of lengthy pauses as he responded with accompanying nervous laughter. We came within a bee's dick of snaring him.

Has anyone got a link of this interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back