List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to acknowledge the "big fish" strategy hasn't worked.

Our big fish strategy was akin to buying a diamond ring and then walking around a club asking any body who looked at you to marry you.

Our negotiation strategy reeks with the scent of desperation.

Any true top end talent would have been looking at us thinking, yeah its a lot of cash, but it's also a lot of baggage and pressure.

Very few kids get into footy to win money. They want flags, and we have no idea how to offer that. Honestly I don't think we have any clue how we would achieve one.

Close the thread - Josh isn't coming. Had our chance, missed it.

Time to acknowledge the "big fish" strategy hasn't worked.

Agree; may be time to rethink strategy
Homesick/ disgruntled draftees playing interstate, or not getting enough game time at current club
Guys like Brodie, Cerra, Aidyn Bonar ( good mates with LDU), Gresham, just off the top of my head

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our big fish strategy was akin to buying a diamond ring and then walking around a club asking any body who looked at you to marry you.

Our negotiation strategy reeks with the scent of desperation.

Any true top end talent would have been looking at us thinking, yeah its a lot of cash, but it's also a lot of baggage and pressure.

Very few kids get into footy to win money. They want flags, and we have no idea how to offer that. Honestly I don't think we have any clue how we would achieve one.

The smart advisors are probably telling them (correctly) that if they nail their football careers while not getting into too much of a mess off the field, the outside world networking and post-career opportunities will follow.

I remember the Aish farce when he clearly told us "no" but we still kept hanging around like a nerd with a bunch of flowers hoping he'd eventually lose interest in the jock and hook up with us instead.

Except in real life the jock usually wins.

Agree; may be time to rethink strategy
Homesick/ disgruntled draftees playing interstate, or not getting enough game time at current club
Guys like Brodie, Cerra, Aidyn Bonar ( good mates with LDU), Gresham, just off the top of my head

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gee any of those would be handy. Gresham perfect for our fwd set up, Cerras skills would be ideal.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The smart advisors are probably telling them (correctly) that if they nail their football careers while not getting into too much of a mess off the field, the outside world networking and post-career opportunities will follow.

I remember the Aish farce when he clearly told us "no" but we still kept hanging around like a nerd with a bunch of flowers hoping he'd eventually lose interest in the jock and hook up with us instead.

Except in real life the jock usually wins.

Actually nowadays the nerds with brains win - tech geeks.

That's why we have to listen to Bailey Scott - if we can maximise our relationship with Melbourne Uni and make that part of our pitch, then it will serve us hugely well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back