List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's a FA then of course we take him, but not at the cost of 2 x first rounders

I'd doubt that happens.

We need to wait & see how GWS go in 2021.

If they struggle and end up with pick 4-6, then they might just look at freshening the list, copping a compo pick, and letting Josh move on.

I could see us winning 6-10 games next season with the youngest group in the league -- completely changing the narrative around the club to one of excitement -- and then asking the question to see where he's at. Adding that sort of class into what should already be a classy midfield unit would speed the rebuild along without costing anything in terms of picks.

We'll be lucky to win 6 games.

We'll be lucky to win 6 games.
Not sure I agree mate. We'll be back at Etihad, where we play really well, training on a normal basis, not stuck in a hub, four games in Hobart. I don't think the effects of the hub can be understated on those teams that performed poorly, especially when the morale was as low as it seemed to be within our group of players. That ability to get away from your teammates and the footy club for a couple of days a week will make a huge difference in 2021.

Edit: And my Etihad I mean I completely forgot that it's called Marvel.

Last edited:

Not sure I agree mate. We'll be back at Etihad, where we play really well, training on a normal basis, not stuck in a hub, four games in Hobart. I don't think the effects of the hub can be understated on those teams that performed poorly, especially when the morale was as low as it seemed to be within our group of players. That ability to get away from your teammates and the footy club for a couple of days a week will make a huge difference in 2021.

plus a couple of injuries:)

We'll struggle to kick goals all year.

We'll struggle to kick goals all year.
Yeah, I agree that we don't have too many consistent and recognisable avenues to goal. Well, actually, I guess Stephenson should fix that somehat.

But our backline's solid and our midfield has the potential to be one of the most exciting young midfields in the league as soon as next year. I don't think even North fans properly recognise how good Jy Simpkin was in the first half of this year, and LDU's second half of the year should hopefully be a good platform for him to turn himself into a consistently good player in 2021.

Throw in Cable & Blight and do we need Schimmelbusch?

I reckon a lot of folks are basing the negative commentary of Josh from some unfounded "scorned" position.
Possibly some are however my opinion is if his old man never played
for north he wouldnt even have been targeted in the manner he has been. No doubting his disposal is very tidy and he has a host of other traits that make him a very good player but its not like he breaks games open like dusty, danger or grey can. For mine he is a bit of icing like wellsy moreso than the cake itself.

We had a crack, he didnt want to come to the party, we (have) move(d) on.

It’s not a good look knocking on this door again.....even if he is slightly interested.

You had your chance....we came to you bearing a very generous offer to come to the club your Dad played for and you said no.

There’s no denying his talent.

But I much rather the club work it’s way out of the ditch and become a place in which people envy and wanna be apart of.

We’re not telemarketers.....we’re a Football Club.

I still can't believe we wasted time doing 70 zoom interviews with this years' draft prospects when we could have just sent them all a SurveyMonkey link in one email

I hope he ends up where he belongs, in the royal blue and white.

He’s a jet.

Completely agree, he was outstanding when right this year and his best is still to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing two of our best five players may hurt though. If you talk about being back at Marvel as a positive factor, not having Browny there to kick to will surely hurt.

I still call it Colonial.. and im with ya, next year can return anything.. not talkin flags but if key players stay injury free we will surprise the footy world

It’s not a good look knocking on this door again.....even if he is slightly interested.

You had your chance....we came to you bearing a very generous offer to come to the club your Dad played for and you said no.

There’s no denying his talent.

But I much rather the club work it’s way out of the ditch and become a place in which people envy and wanna be apart of.

Can you imagine this administration going cap in hand to someone who scorned us already?

He would have to approach the club, and accept what was offered for it to happen.

Losing two of our best five players may hurt though. If you talk about being back at Marvel as a positive factor, not having Browny there to kick to will surely hurt.
Yeah, good point. I said in other threads that kicking a winning score with our forward line is going to be the challenge most weeks. I think the speed and players with the ability to kick the footy we've added since round 1 this year should help us there though. I also think there's enough teams in the league that are going to be pretty bad that we're at least 50-50 to beat them as well.

Whilst I’d still love to see Kelly on our list, this is another one where I reckon the stars won’t align. Because Kelly will likely be looking at his next contract as a long term contract on big coin, but next year is not the time (too soon) for us to be bringing in players on big coin.

Build our salary cap space for 2-3 years, then go hard at end 2023 to top up for a crack at a flag in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back