List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just me but I havent been overwhelmed with the performances of Kelly and Gaff since the big fish period.....understand there are always circumstances around form but Im glad we saved the coin.....Dusty on the other hand...

Probably just me but I havent been overwhelmed with the performances of Kelly and Gaff since the big fish period.....understand there are always circumstances around form but Im glad we saved the coin.....Dusty on the other hand...

All three haven't performed up to their maximum when we wanted to draft them.

Josh has had the excuse of injury niggles and the worst coach in the competition.

WOW - We really did a number on them didnt we:)

Spot on. Arguably contributed to Collingwood's woes as well with JDG so was only fair of us to give them some salary relief in return.

we wont be getting Horne, unless he does an ACL over Christmas

We're not without a huge chance imo, besides i can live with watching the kids develop and build the rebuild right. We finished 2nd last by a whisker, unloaded a heap of Senior players including one of our best performed mids and FF. Most other clubs have improved there lists for the now, other than Crows and Collingwood. GC, FREO, GWS, Essendon, Swans should all improve.
Big risk is the Pies and Crows going full tank. Of course we'd never consider such a thing.

WOW - We really did a number on them didnt we:)
I think we did. They will regret that contract for a long time I think. He is a $650K-$750k player at most on the last 2 years

And if we considered offering similar, lock the joint up.
Yeah would be terrible list management and would go completely against what we have done this off season

Some possible nibbles, if and it’s a big if, GWS miss the finals in 2021, JK will be here and be offered captaincy in 2022. Apparently he likes the upcoming talent here , .....he wants a premiership before he finishes-

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some possible nibbles, if and it’s a big if, GWS miss the finals in 2021, JK will be here and be offered captaincy in 2022. Apparently he likes the upcoming talent here , .....he wants a premiership before he finishes-

Would have thought his dog was the one doing the nibbling....

I could see Kelly doing to North what Neale did for Brisbane.
Adding a bit of polish and class to an already strong midfield and pushing that team up the ladder.
Funnily enough we just brought in the man that most likely got the above deal done.

I too am excited for the arrival of David Swallow.

#thebrotherswannaplaytogether

0.1% chance of that scenario unfolding.

We have a hell of alot of other stuff to worry about as a club than what Josh Kelly may or may not want to do with his career as a 27 year old in 2022.

Kelly has already lost his value, same as Gaff and De Goey. Luckily we didn't get any of the three otherwise we would be in some direstraits.

If we got De Goey back in 2018, it could have destroyed us in hindsight due to his exoberent cost and his assault charges. It was very uncollingwood to not to cut him lose back then and throw the hot potatoe to us. Now look at woods, they are in some deep poodoo.

He’s got a clause in his contract to extend on massive dollars. The last couple of years have shown that he’s not worth what he’s currently earning. The only way I can see us picking him up is if the giants pay a portion of his salary ? Unsure if this is even possible as a free agent . If the giants don’t pay a portion of his salary , we will be paying him a million a year . No thanks

He’s got a clause in his contract to extend on massive dollars. The last couple of years have shown that he’s not worth what he’s currently earning. The only way I can see us picking him up is if the giants pay a portion of his salary ? Unsure if this is even possible as a free agent . If the giants don’t pay a portion of his salary , we will be paying him a million a year . No thanks
GWS might convince him to move on, there's a possibility we grab him as a free agent next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back