List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got a clause in his contract to extend on massive dollars. The last couple of years have shown that he’s not worth what he’s currently earning. The only way I can see us picking him up is if the giants pay a portion of his salary ? Unsure if this is even possible as a free agent . If the giants don’t pay a portion of his salary , we will be paying him a million a year . No thanks

If he doesn't extend, he is free to amend.

There is no contract to be taken over if his current contract is not triggered by both (I assume) parties.

GWS might convince him to move on, there's a possibility we grab him as a free agent next year.

It was my understanding that he has a trigger to extend current contract on a significant wage . How would the giants convince him to move on if we weren’t prepared to pay the same amount? Why would he agree to taking a paycut to play for us when he has the option to extend his existing contract on large dollars ?

So both parties (giants and josh) need to agree to trigger extension? Is that not Josh’s decision alone?

I think that is the scenario, but I could not ratify it.

Some possible nibbles, if and it’s a big if, GWS miss the finals in 2021, JK will be here and be offered captaincy in 2022. Apparently he likes the upcoming talent here , .....he wants a premiership before he finishes-
If he comes end of next year great

but if he doesn’t then at least we can stop discussing it - his final year to come back if wants

He’s got a clause in his contract to extend on massive dollars. The last couple of years have shown that he’s not worth what he’s currently earning. The only way I can see us picking him up is if the giants pay a portion of his salary ? Unsure if this is even possible as a free agent . If the giants don’t pay a portion of his salary , we will be paying him a million a year . No thanks

This is the biggest barrier to something happening with this guy.

I'm certain we would be interested for obvious reasons but highly unlikely, unless he returns to top form that we would even consider 1 million per year.

Can't see us bringing an older guy in to be captain either - different if he came at 22/23.

I believe the contract trigger is his call alone. A million a year for 8 years or less but prospect of captaincy and possibly closer to more consistent finals appearances in Melb not Sydney

I agree with you but captaincy may be a bargaining chip. Boomer wrote in his book that Carlton tried to lure him with massive money and a walk in captaincy. I think Tazz deserves to be the next one, then Jye but it may be a sweetener on the deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you but captaincy may be a bargaining chip. Boomer wrote in his book that Carlton tried to lure him with massive money and a walk in captaincy. I think Tazz deserves to be the next one, then Jye but it may be a sweetener on the deal
Why the f**k would we just give the captaincy to a bloke that turned us down?

Why the f**k would we just give the captaincy to a bloke that turned us down?
giphy.gif

I look at it this way. I'm out for a few drinks, looking good, feeling good. I notice Alicia Vikander at the end of the bar and think to myself that I should go up and offer to buy her a drink. So we get chatting and things are going great, but her boyfriend rocks up and that's the end of that.

Two years later I'm out again and low and behold there's Alicia, looking as fine as ever. This time she comes up to me and offers to buy me a drink, saying that she really liked hanging out with me and that now that she is single there is no one to interrupt us.

Do I

a) Say thanks but no thanks Alicia, once you say no to me that's it.

or

b) I'll have a single malt, neat. In fact, I've got a nice bottle back at my place that you might like to try.

Tough decision, I know.

I look at it this way. I'm out for a few drinks, looking good, feeling good. I notice Alicia Vikander at the end of the bar and think to myself that I should go up and offer to buy her a drink. So we get chatting and things are going great, but her boyfriend rocks up and that's the end of that.

Forty-Two years later I've timed travelled and am still my age, I'm out again and low and behold there's Alicia, looking well into her 70s. This time she comes up to me and offers to buy me a drink, saying that she really liked hanging out with me and that now that she is single there is no one to interrupt us.

Efa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back