List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II

Remove this Banner Ad

Heaps of fun

Premium Platinum
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And it won’t hamstring any team?
We could front end it heavily and maybe be alright but I think he would have to have it renegotiated to a lower overall value to play anywhere else. My understanding though is if he doesn't trigger the contract and chooses free agency then his new club would arrange a brand new contract of probably similar value.

RobZombie

Premium Platinum
May 18, 2012
Back In Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jays, Leafs
I still don't get why ppl and the media keep bringing the Polec deal up.

The money needed to spent and the pick had to go. We even did the right thing and heavily front loaded.

He's on no more than Stevo now. Get over it.
Obv easier in hindsight, but with where we’re at now it would have been way better to cash that pick 11 in for a future 1st instead of Polec. We would have found a way to spend the money.

I know there’s a view that we should have tried to trade up ahead of TT but I’m struggling to think of a realistic way we could have done that while keeping points for Bailey and/or not blowing up the following couple of drafts.

The Y Factor

Premium Platinum
Sep 28, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Good analysis and opinion. However, JK's performance in critical 'final's games' has been ordinary at best. GWS must be re thinking that stupid 8 year million dollar contract they set up has been a poor decision.
man absolute no brainer iMHO. Hence the majority of my opinion

Themanbun

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good analysis and opinion. However, JK's performance in critical 'final's games' has been ordinary at best. GWS must be re thinking that stupid 8 year million dollar contract they set up has been a poor decision.
Luckily for him we won't be playing much finals in the next few years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shinboner magic

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
He's a ******* good operator for his clients. Not only did he get more money out of GWS, he somehow has them over a barrel for 8m! Incredible
Yep dud well.

Kelly is a typical north player - smashes it in a contract year then does squat after that.

The Anvil

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We would have to win the spoon to even consider it, without the certainty the player would unlikely agree to it.

I think if we did win the spoon it would also be an incentive for GWS to not try and extort us like they did Geelong, because I am sure if Geelong had the capacity to make Cameron nominate for the PSD and get him there, they would have.

You lose a lot of bargaining power against the wooden spoon team, assuming they can convince a player to nominate the PSD.
Would rather walk McKay or Cerra.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
This thread is like looking up your hot ex girlfriend on fb daily when she is clearly happily married with 2 kids and Rover the family dog.

Cringe.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's actually worse.

It's professionally decorating your apartment, buying a throw for the couch, placing some fresh cut flowers in a vase, baking some bread and putting on easy listening music in a set of creepy real estate agent moves you pull every Saturday morning where you then sit around waiting for her to turn up and declare to you "I've walked out on Sven and his 7 figure business and our 2 beautiful kids and our oversized home in Brighton.. because it was you and your man-tits and your little rented bedsit in Dingley I always really wanted".

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Neither will walk
Agree but mate I'd rather people sat around fapping about these 2 than pulling it off about Josh coming to North every 12 months and now even spinning him up as such an amazing leader that we'll just hand him the captaincy too.

I must've missed all those premierships where he channeled Michael Voss or Wayne Carey and just lifted the team on his shoulders and took through the season for a cup.

DesertRoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's actually worse.

It's professionally decorating your apartment, buying a throw for the couch, placing some fresh cut flowers in a vase, baking some bread and putting on easy listening music in a set of creepy real estate agent moves you pull every Saturday morning where you then sit around waiting for her to turn up and declare to you "I've walked out on Sven and his 7 figure business and our 2 beautiful kids and our oversized home in Brighton.. because it was you and your man-tits and your little rented bedsit in Dingley I always really wanted".

Remove this Banner Ad