List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 2 week injuries either. Gets up and going after a couple of days.

And always handy on a bus trip when you run out of drinks.
probably will get hit by kangalotto pretty quickly though

If he comes great - if not, save up and get harry in a few years time - not like we are going for a flag next year.

The goal posts have shifted in our favour - if you wanna come, if you dont itll be your loss because we are well placed to have the best midfield in the comp by a long way - if you look at the dogs when they developed, hunter, mcrae, bont etc where gonna be good - we have more elite talent in there then that and depth.

think we are well placed either way.

We might not get a Grand Final but we are not as bad as some think we are and l think that we might be able to squeeze into the finals if things go our way..Dont forget we will only play some of the top teams once and if we can keep injuries to our major players, to a low, then we could do it...

Half glass empty says Coniglio did something similar last time, didn't he? Holding the contract to the very end?

l think Kelly will stay only if they make finals this year otherwisw he's gone....

With Coniglio, Greene and Whitfield on very, very long term deals, I think it's very possible GWS don't want Kelly to take this deal.
l read somewhere that he may be on a 4+4 option...Sign a contract for 4 years now with a clause for him to activate another 4 later later...but l'm not sure where l read it....

Unlike the Dusty and Kelly17 and Gaff sagas where those acquisitions failed, Im not as vested into getting Kelly this time.

But Jake Niall is now reporting it is more likely than not he’s leaving and I know who Jake’s brother is.

My question is how do we fit Cunnington, Kelly, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Powell, Phillips, Horne, Stephenson and Anderson into a midfield. We put two inside 50 and it still means we have a luxury with 3 on the bench.

Jesus
Is his brother linked to GW$ or Kelly specifically?

find the extension interesting. Assuming the tabled contract is the same as executed in 2019 then unless there is debate over certain terms and conditions that they havent agreed on then you would have to think Kelly did not want to be pushed into a decision. He is making the call on his terms. If several weeks equates to year end then you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delaying a supposed $8mil contract decision during a pandemic makes absolutely no sense to me. Although maybe you think differently when you already have a few million in the bank.

Unlike the Dusty and Kelly17 and Gaff sagas where those acquisitions failed, Im not as vested into getting Kelly this time.

But Jake Niall is now reporting it is more likely than not he’s leaving and I know who Jake’s brother is.

My question is how do we fit Cunnington, Kelly, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Powell, Phillips, Horne, Stephenson and Anderson into a midfield. We put two inside 50 and it still means we have a luxury with 3 on the bench.

Jesus
We have too many Midfielders, said no team ever.

Clayton & Noble have both said publicly in interviews this year "We can always have more inside outside midfielders"
And any midfield group that has Stephenson, Thomas, Horne and potentially Zurhaar as rotational forwards is absolutely mouth watering and an utter nightmare for any defence. The key pillars only need to be serviceable at that point.

He has to go into the open draft.

Edit: An offer to a Restricted Free Agent may be matched by their Club. Should their original Club match the offer, and the Restricted Free Agent Player does not wish to remain with their original Club, they must enter the National Draft or seek a trade. Compensation in the form of AFL allocated draft picks will apply to clubs with a net loss of Free Agents, based on the formula determined by the AFL.
Maybe no one will draft him and we can still get him in the PSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back