List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kelly doesn’t want to kill the mood by telling GWS he’s leaving if they make finals.

He would’ve signed already. Almost similar to danger in his last year before he went to Cats, idk

This is clearly bullshit.
Your sauce is taking the piss.

Yep righto, you have no ******* clue what context I heard this in but I guess since I didn't make it cryptic or post the 'it's happening' gif it's clearly bullshit.
How about you go look at when I said we were interested in bringing in Paul Roos to the club in September last year. Same person I heard this from. Was that also clearly bullshit?

Or how about when I posted that Polec was tagging Cripps before the Carlton game last year? (10 minutes before it started because I'm not stupid enough to give away gameday tactics in advance)

I'm not trying to suck myself off here, nor am I interested in get into a pissing contest about sources and super cool top secret ITK's. If I happen to ever hear anything interesting about North I like to share it with other supporters so they also know. If you think it's bullshit for whatever reason then fine.

Anyway this is the Josh Kelly thread and I was merely clarifying someone's assumption that we have been spending under the cap the last couple of years. I have nothing else to add.

I'm not sure about how long you can keep the underspend. Maybe we paid more to offset the underspend from 2018 and front ended some of our existing contracts, giving us the capacity to overspend again next year?
I’m more than certain we have front ended existing contracts, I still doubt we went over the salary cap… who the hell are we paying big bucks to??
Every man & his dog seems to have a ‘sauce’ around here… I can’t help be a little sceptical.
Can these people with ‘sauces’ ask if Josh Kelly is coming??

It's one of the weird features of this forum that some posters don't accept that in a cohort of hundreds of people with one thing in common - love of NMFC and discussion of same here - there might indeed be some posters with a strong enough connection to the club to be in possession of some inside knowledge.

I do get that some, usually short-lived, posters who are clearly making s**t up to make themselves look ITK, but there are also plenty who do know. It becomes apparent who they are after a while here.

There is gonna be a hell of a lot of NMFC players on minimum wage in their last year of contract, with the alleged front loading going on…
I dont know how we are going to hit the TPP. Few contracts have been didhed out to the younger brigades of late. Buckets may hsve been gifted over a million for his first year too

It's one of the weird features of this forum that some posters don't accept that in a cohort of hundreds of people with one thing in common - love of NMFC and discussion of same here - there might indeed be some posters with a strong enough connection to the club to be in possession of some inside knowledge.

I do get that some, usually short-lived, posters who are clearly making sh*t up to make themselves look ITK, but there are also plenty who do know. It becomes apparent who they are after a while here.
There was one dumb * former poster here pretending he has some connection to the club, who was sending out PMs the last few years about Kelly coming.

If he comes, ok. But believe any ITK goss at your own risk, especially with someone as flaky as Kelly.

There was one dumb fu** former poster here pretending he has some connection to the club, who was sending out PMs the last few years about Kelly coming.

If he comes, ok. But believe any ITK goss at your own risk, especially with someone as flaky as Kelly.

Which former poster?

I was told this (by someone at the club obviously) at the end of last year as the reason we weren't chasing any big $$ free agents last off season, specifically as to why we didn't target someone like Jeremy Cameron to replace BB, as we simply could not afford to fit him in. I've stated this a few times now but people clearly have trouble believing we don't have a gigantic mega warchest every year to throw at any and all players we see fit at any given time, so this will be the last time I bring it up.

FWIW I don't know any specifics of how it was structured, how much certain players are on, or how we are structuring our cap payments going forwards. Simply passing on the info.

Thank you Dr Zaius 👍, All good mate, I appreciate it,
so guess as one person who is not that close to the club I have skeptism based on the information that has been provided formally.

Feel Free to CC the resident accountant in, as I only really did this quickly ages ago

In Oct 2020, we spent:
Total employee benefits $863,121
Remuneration Commitments $15,387,781
So Total Payments $16,250,902

Of Which:
VFL Salary Cap is $100K
AFLW Salary Cap is $525K

Meaning we have spent: $15,626,500 (roughly), thats without the coaching cap or staff payments, that's why i'm skeptical about us being so close to the cap ~$14 million or so last year given salaries were reduced (plus payouts). We have to pay 95% of the salary cap at minimum ($13.2 Million Roughly based on revised cap)

We are not paying our staff as much or its hiding the numbers well
I assume we withdrew BB's contract as the pandemic started to hit and it would not have been the time to offer such a contract as that given the uncertainty on player payments and Cameron had his heart set on other clubs

Like I said, I personally appreciate the call & look forward to more mate, I'm just showing you why I have uncertainty on that being the case

Yep righto, you have no ******* clue what context I heard this in but I guess since I didn't make it cryptic or post the 'it's happening' gif it's clearly bullshit.
How about you go look at when I said we were interested in bringing in Paul Roos to the club in September last year. Same person I heard this from. Was that also clearly bullshit?

Or how about when I posted that Polec was tagging Cripps before the Carlton game last year? (10 minutes before it started because I'm not stupid enough to give away gameday tactics in advance)

I'm not trying to suck myself off here, nor am I interested in get into a pissing contest about sources and super cool top secret ITK's. If I happen to ever hear anything interesting about North I like to share it with other supporters so they also know. If you think it's bullshit for whatever reason then fine.

Anyway this is the Josh Kelly thread and I was merely clarifying someone's assumption that we have been spending under the cap the last couple of years. I have nothing else to add.
Going full snake with the self quoting?

Never go the full snake...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard from someone close to this that Kelly wants to join us.
Now whether this eventuates is another thing as there are a lot of factors at play.
What I can confirm is that the person who told me has been very reliable and accurate with their info in the past and that as it stands right now Kelly wants to join North.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Now whether this eventuates is another thing as there are a lot of factors at play.
What I can confirm is that the person who told me has been very reliable and accurate with their info in the past and that as it stands right now Kelly wants to join North.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Same as 17 and 19 then.

Same as 17 and 19 then.

The difference being GWS’s flag prospects have gone down the toilet and it seems we have a clear direction for the first time in a long time.

The turd in the punch bowl is Conners.

* him.

Not disputing your source etc but all that matters is him wanting to join us. Everything else will get sorted if that's the case.

Who was the last FA not to get to their club of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back