Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
So what you’re saying is the ‘paper bags full of cash and a dozen hookers’ strategy is no more?

Colour me disappointed.

Actually based on TAO's prose, that could still be our strategy.

It's just you now have a time limit < 5 years within which to accept.

This is equal parts hilarious and peak january insanity.

Also, what exactly is the point in speaking in riddles about this? Do you think there's a contract clause that instantly voids if any agreements are spotted on Bigfooty?

Or is it for plausible deniability? Never really "said" anything so not technically wrong. Can't lose credibility. Works only on the theory that speakin in riddles creates credibility, mind you.

Ok I can add this with the knowledge that no campaigner would know even if we did offer Kelly a new deal. Well apart from those involved, we're no longer the amateur clowns we once were. And have closed ranks around who holds information around trades, trust me I know, what was once easy to find out has become impossible to a point. I did hear we were going to draft Walker and told a few on here that. But figured that wasn't classified information as such as he's not a 'big fish'.

If and IF is a big stretch we did offer a deal, it won't be left open with our balls swinging in the breeze while he decides whether he's coming, or shopping an improved deal with say GWS. It will be negotiated and dealt with either way!

We got played badly in the past and won't let that happen again.
About F$&king time!

I'm not. There is no conclusion to this story that ends in him donning a royal blue and white.
Maybe we've got a handshake agreement for him to take over from Shaw in ten years?

GWS B&F for 2019 was Taranto 222 votes, Cameron 220 votes, Hopper 218 votes, Haynes 206 votes and Williams 203 votes. Coniglio, Greene and Kelly didn't make the top 5 due to injury issues/missing games.

Even though Kelly is a good player, early on when we showed interest in him the hype was off the charts because there was the expectation he would continue to improve but 2017 was the pinnacle of what we have seen from Kelly to date and I think a lot of giants have gone past him the last couple of years since we made our bid for him. By the time he is a free agent he might not even be in GWS top 10 players.

At this point in time, am still keen on him as a 2021 restricted free agent, but I think what he is worth has plummeted significantly and it was the danger of knocking back the kind of money we offered to him in 2017. Hopefully our warchest is significantly depleted by the end of 2021.

Should the Go Dees finish VERY low in 2020, I’d be filthy to give away 2 x 1st rounders for him, especially when he’s a RFA the following year

The only benefit I see, is that North finally lands its big fish, just to shut a few mouths, but even still, I think we can get more enterprising with those picks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Should the Go Dees finish VERY low in 2020, I’d be filthy to give away 2 x 1st rounders for him, especially when he’s a RFA the following year

The only benefit I see, is that North finally lands its big fish, just to shut a few mouths, but even still, I think we can get more enterprising with those picks

Another year like the one just gone, and he’s worth a first and second at best.

My money is on him having a Top 5 Brownlow year though and GWS asking for four first rounders.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GWS B&F for 2019 was Taranto 222 votes, Cameron 220 votes, Hopper 218 votes, Haynes 206 votes and Williams 203 votes. Coniglio, Greene and Kelly didn't make the top 5 due to injury issues/missing games.

Even though Kelly is a good player, early on when we showed interest in him the hype was off the charts because there was the expectation he would continue to improve but 2017 was the pinnacle of what we have seen from Kelly to date and I think a lot of giants have gone past him the last couple of years since we made our bid for him. By the time he is a free agent he might not even be in GWS top 10 players.

At this point in time, am still keen on him as a 2021 restricted free agent, but I think what he is worth has plummeted significantly and it was the danger of knocking back the kind of money we offered to him in 2017. Hopefully our warchest is significantly depleted by the end of 2021.

Spot on. Because of injuries he’s gone backwards a touch since our first offer. He should still turn out to be the player most expected, but he’d want to start playing 20+ games a season.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Really? 2019 form and fitness suggests not.

He has been injured.

What would you pay for Dusty Martin's 2019? I bet it's a hell of a lot more than his 2018.

Aug 10, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Winning games will shut ppl up. Wouldn't worry about meme sharing imbeciles on Facebook.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back