List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then call them half-backs, not quarter backs. Its an unwanted Americanism.
When I was a kid, on holiday in the USA I dropped 25c on the footpath. I had to rush to get the quarter back before it rolled out onto the road.

If I dropped our good old Aussie 50c then the half dollar would have landed and stayed put due to it's 12 sided edge. You cannot compare them ;)

Kelly will be a fantastic addition to the squad, second to Cunners in impact on the team. Anyone who doesn't want him because of snubbles last time is living in the past. That he stayed for a tilt at a flag should be no reason to be all jilted now.

Front load the crap outta any deal, then we will have all the space we need to extend our youngsters, none of whom will want to leave because flags.
This. Especially if Dumont leaves. Who would you rather on the wing out of the two? As much as I love Froggy, Josh is a massive upgrade around the same age. If it’s only salary to get Josh , we’d be crazy to not do it.

Kelly will be a fantastic addition to the squad, second to Cunners in impact on the team. Anyone who doesn't want him because of snubbles last time is living in the past. That he stayed for a tilt at a flag should be no reason to be all jilted now.

Front load the crap outta any deal, then we will have all the space we need to extend our youngsters, none of whom will want to leave because flags.
What are snubbles?

The same people who are against North picking up Kelly will be celebrating if we get him as a free agent. I don't think we will get him ( and not overly worried ) but I am starting to question why he wouldn't have signed up by now if he knows he is staying at GWS.

The same people who are against North picking up Kelly will be celebrating if we get him as a free agent. I don't think we will get him ( and not overly worried ) but I am starting to question why he wouldn't have signed up by now if he knows he is staying at GWS.

this and billing’s has started contract talks

This. Especially if Dumont leaves. Who would you rather on the wing out of the two? As much as I love Froggy, Josh is a massive upgrade around the same age. If it’s only salary to get Josh , we’d be crazy to not do it.

A number of our players considered leaving last year, this time last year we had an awful game plan and potential rifts in the playing group. It's night and day to where we are at right now, unless Dumont has reasons to return to Adelaide those reasons to leave may well have dried up.

A number of our players considered leaving last year, this time last year we had an awful game plan and potential rifts in the playing group. It's night and day to where we are at right now, unless Dumont has reasons to return to Adelaide those reasons to leave may well have dried up.

I think it would be in his best interest to take a decent contract elsewhere, we only gave Anderson a 2 year deal last year. I just can't see the club holding back Powell, Phillips, Scott, LDU, Simpkin, etc because Froggy has been a solid servant for us.

I don't even know if Kelly is a serious consideration or not, him arriving would complicate things. I think right now we are a better side with him in the side, but things can change rapidly and it would be sad if he remains loyal only to be unceremoniously dumped like Macmillan and others were when they were no longer seen as needed.

If another club would offer him say a 4 year deal, he would be nuts to remain, just looking at things from his perspective.

I'd love to see him stay. I am okay with us getting Kelly but I think if it is on crazy money it might hurt us long-term if the kids around him start to surpass him and start thinking, why am I getting offered $400k when this guy is on $1m. Sure, we can fiddle with our TPP but it will be very public what he would be taking home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post to get peoples hopes up that there has been a revelation that he is coming. Sorry, just saw an article about a quarterback that is thinking about becoming a halfback, soccer loving basketball player ........ where have i heard this before ........ oh wait.........

View attachment 1188314

Don't you dare take the piss on big Eric.

He did more for NMFC calendar sales than anyone on the list in the last 15 years bar Robbie "13 months in a year" Tarrant.

Kelly on 1 mil a season is about the right money, he is a genuine superstar proven over the years.

8 years, well you got to show it to the other clubs that we would move heaven and earth for real superstars and not like certain clubs that would give 5 year deals and then sack them.

At the price he's likely asking, It's a no for me. If we want all our current young stars to play the next 10 years, then they're the players we should ensure we have enough cash to hold them long into the future. Overpaid players that are parachuted in create envy, envy creates dissent. With the chance North gets Horne in the draft then why do we need Kelly on a massive salary.

At the price he's likely asking, It's a no for me. If we want all our current young stars to play the next 10 years, then they're the players we should ensure we have enough cash to hold them long into the future. Overpaid players that are parachuted in create envy, envy creates dissent. With the chance North gets Horne in the draft then why do we need Kelly on a massive salary.

Overpaid mediocre footballers create those feelings. Looking at you Carlton.....

Slightly overpaid stars who make the side better would not.

Overpaid mediocre footballers create those feelings. Looking at you Carlton.....

Slightly overpaid stars who make the side better would not.
Kelly will not be slightly overpaid. He has the option of an 8 year extension on massive money. I don't think we want to match that. Based on what our club has told members, it is committed to broadly a long term rebuild based on the draft. And with a top 3 selection in the drafts this year, why stray from that strategy. It's already working for us.

Kelly will not be slightly overpaid. He has the option of an 8 year extension on massive money. I don't think we want to match that. Based on what our club has told members, it is committed to broadly a long term rebuild based on the draft. And with a top 3 selection in the drafts this year, why stray from that strategy. It's already working for us.

His acquisition would have no impact on the draft.

(Unless GWS force a trade, then we walk away and leave them with an 8 year contract to deal with.)

But it would have a major impact on our players costs over a very long term.

Not if the bulk of his deal is paid in the first three years.

Plus, I don’t see us offering 8 years. Would be 6 max IMO.

Not if the bulk of his deal is paid in the first three years.

Plus, I don’t see us offering 8 years. Would be 6 max IMO.

This. I have more issue with the length of contract (6 max) than the contract amount (have to pay overs to get him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back