List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The view I'm getting from the media is they expect him to sign in for 2 more years. Caro just then. Healy and Jono Brown earlier on On The Coach. Going to be some surprised people, I think.

I don't get it. Almost every media flog is going with "He'll stay" with the only reason being that "he'll win a couple of flags if he stays with GWS". No facts, no intel, no hints from the player, his management, his club or North. Nothing.

So why did Treloar leave to go to a weaker club? Why did McCarthy leave to go to a weaker club? Because they just wanted to play in their home state? Because they could earn better coin if they left? Because they got a better contract? Geez, even last year Joel Hamling left the team that just won the flag to go home to play for the side that came 3rd last! Maybe guys like this just want to play for the club the grew up supporting. All of these apply to Kelly - and he's been offered $1m a year for 9 years AND his Dad played for the club offering it!

Now, maybe Kelly will stay at GWS. Maybe he'll never play for North. But to just dismiss the whole offer on the kid's behalf is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Are we any closer to understanding if he is leaning our way instead of the other clubs interested though? For all the media speculation there is zero news on this other than our 9 year offer

I don't get it. Almost every media flog is going with "He'll stay" with the only reason being that "he'll win a couple of flags if he stays with GWS". No facts, no intel, no hints from the player, his management, his club or North. Nothing.

So why did Treloar leave to go to a weaker club? Why did McCarthy leave to go to a weaker club? Because they just wanted to play in their home state? Because they could earn better coin if they left? Because they got a better contract? Geez, even last year Joel Hamling left the team that just won the flag to go home to play for the side that came 3rd last! Maybe guys like this just want to play for the club the grew up supporting. All of these apply to Kelly - and he's been offered $1m a year for 9 years AND his Dad played for the club offering it!

Now, maybe Kelly will stay at GWS. Maybe he'll never play for North. But to just dismiss the whole offer seems on the kid's behalf is ridiculous.

Its a joke tbh... All state like its a fact that he can take the 2 year deal and then rock straight into a multi million dollar contract once its finished. What if he does his knee twice? What if he gets multiple concussions and ends up like Patch or Brayshaw?

Just utter morons these tuggers...

Its a joke tbh... All state like its a fact that he can take the 2 year deal and then rock straight into a multi million dollar contract once its finished. What if he does his knee twice? What if he gets multiple concussions and ends up like Patch or Brayshaw?

Just utter morons these tuggers...

He's gone mate. GWS have said they won't up their offer. If he was waiting to sign on with them for a bit more, it's not happening. Kelly won't be at GWS next year

You'd hope not, but I'm currently more concerned with competition from them than GWS. Any inner scrots confirm it's only NM or GWS?
GWS are still a big show to keep him i reckon. not easy to leave your best mates at a footy club you've seen built from the ground up. I still think the 9 mil/9 year will be the tipping point and he will come, but don't underestimate the value of familiar faces and a core group of mates he's met in Sydney. i suppose he's got those contacts in Melbourne anyway though haha.

Now, maybe Kelly will stay at GWS. Maybe he'll never play for North. But to just dismiss the whole offer seems on the kid's behalf is ridiculous.
eh..........dont you know that if its North Melbourne its a completely different story and common sense goes out the window.

Josh Kelly + North Melbourne +$9m * 9 years + North supporter + father played at North + dog is a closet North supporter = Josh Kelly stays at GWS
Josh Kelly + St Kilda + $1m * 5 years + next premiership in 2066 = Josh Kelly becomes a Saint
Josh Kelly + GWS + $700k * 2 years + No guarantee of premiership = Josh will definitely be at GWS and they'll win 5 premierships with him captain

I think the media know what the first one really equals as well as the other two but it doesnt suit them.

Id really love if someone gets on the SEN phone and asks Garry why he is thinks thats such a good idea for Josh.

Anyway after watching that and if Caro is word for word what pinewood ears Maclure says is true; then he is gone and now a matter of who. They sound like theyre saying "take it or leave it" and a bit arrogant on their behalf if I havent taken it out of context and if thats what the tone is. Going by their words thats how it comes across to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the article is accurate then Kelly is gone. Where to will be interesting. Expect that clubs will be doing all sorts of cutting and pasting to try and fit a Kelly, Martin or Fyfe in. Wont be a 2 horse race.

"Neither Greater Western Sydney nor young star Josh Kelly will renegotiate the terms of a two-year contract extension to keep him at the club"

There it is. done & dusted.

He's gone and I will be amazed if it's not to North. IMO, He's in the bag.

Logic states he is gone might as well close the thread to September

Yep!:thumbsu:

I'm astounded they wouldn't renegotiate for him.

He's their best mid. By a margin as well.

Maybe it's not them that stopped it from happening.

We may actually, finally, have some classy, BFNAAK choose us as his destination.

What, and miss out on another 100 pages of speculation? Ah, Perisher thought.
no danger of that happening, for courtesy/professionalism reasons there wont be an announcement till the end of the season, see Wellsys scenario for how it will play out.

the most obvious evidence will be if GWS sign a few contract extensions for other top end talent for good coin making it mathematically unlikely for Josh to fit in the cap.

FWIW I’m looking forward to GWS fans (all 100 of them) spelling his name with currency characters like we have regarding GrnBu¢ks and Wll$¥.

Jo$h K£ll¥ anyone??

Last edited:
no danger of that happening, for courtesy/professionalism reasons there wont be an announcement till the end of the season, see Wellsys scenario for how it will play out.

the most obvious evidence will be if GWS sign a few contract extensions for other top end talent for good coin making it mathematically unlikely for Josh to fit in the cap.

FWIW I’m looking forward to GWS fans (all 100 of them) spelling his name with currency characters like we have regarding GrnBu¢ks and Wll$¥.

Jo$h K£ll¥ anyone??
I think if, as you mention, we see the signing of Devon Smith and Lachie Whitfield it will be confirmed Kelly is leaving GWS. Where to is the big question though.

I think if, as you mention, we see the signing of Devon Smith and Lachie Whitfield it will be confirmed Kelly is leaving GWS. Where to is the big question though.
Hopefully, it's just the next question, not the big question.

Anyone know Montagna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back