List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see the club targeting a couple of superstars. Although I wouldn't be getting to ahead of ourselves, we just don't attract the big names and am expecting to miss out on Kelly and Martin.

Makes more sense than the media gettimg together and conspiring so North dont succeed.
I'm not saying that they are conspiring with each other. However, when there is talk of JK and Nm , there is a common negative theme with NM. I do believe that the media would rather see NM fail than succeed.

I'm not saying that they are conspiring with each other. However, when there is talk of JK and Nm , there is a common negative theme with NM. I do believe that the media would rather see NM fail than succeed.

Once again more paranoia, We have an insular view of the footy world. We see what we want. Go to any other board on here and every one will think the media is against them and wants them to fail.

Once again more paranoia, We have an insular view of the footy world. We see what we want. Go to any other board on here and every one will think the media is against them and wants them to fail.

People in media have personal bias and their own agendas. I only care about NM and don't expect Mark Stevens to love us like he loves the WB's.

One hopes, that with all the money we have set aside, we'd be having a Plan B and Plan C in case either Kelly or Martin don't decide to join. This has to be a well planned operation, where we are talking to agents of up to half a dozen star players, who fit the needs, and the age bracket.

How many academy kids do GWS have coming through?

& can next year's picks count to this year's academy selections or will they merely go into less deficit next year?

If they have academy kids then is it realistic they could go

2017 first
2018 first and second

If we got Kelly and won the flag next year our first and second pick would be equal to pick 9.

In fact if you factor their 20% discount the equivalent points for pick 9 could probably pick them up a kid at around pick 6.

& can next year's picks count to this year's academy selections or will they merely go into less deficit next year?

2017 first
2018 first and second

If we got Kelly and won the flag next year our first and second pick would be equal to pick 9.

In fact if you factor their 20% discount the equivalent points for pick 9 could probably pick them up a kid at around pick 6.
I'm convinced OF. Lets go with your plan.

2017 first
2018 first and second

Well, they have lost Brander and Spargo so that's two certain first rounders gone. The next best picks are Powell (1st rounder), Shipley (1st), Fitzgerald (1st/2nd), Richards(2nd/3rd), Myers (2nd/3rd) and Stevens (4th).

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/GWSGiants/Images/news images/U18 SENIOR ACADEMY SQUAD.pdf

And yes, they can use next year's picks if required and can go into deficit into 2019.

So we'd likely enable them to take all their prospective first round selections.

Seems a viable path.

3 picks is a lot, and we'd have to pay the piper for it at sometime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke McDonald coming up on SEN. Maybe my paranoid delusions are kicking in but KB may ask him about Josh Kelly. He is being interviewed about Carlton game this week.

Luke McDonald coming up on SEN. Maybe my paranoid delusions are kicking in but KB may ask him about Josh Kelly. He is being interviewed about Carlton game this week.
Our guys are well drilled media wise.

My guess is Luke will play it down if asked. "It'd be great to play with Josh as we're old mates, but he's a GWS player" etc etc.

My guess is Luke will play it down if asked. "It'd be great to play with Josh as we're old mates, but he's a GWS player" etc etc.
Not if your name is Luke.... lol

Luke didn't give anything away :)

2017 first
2018 first and second

They lost the Riverina so probably not that many anymore.

Wtf why would an official use a herald sun like that? It would all be on a spreadsheet on their computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back