List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference in lists is such that with North we'd be debating which player is an out and out gun (Tarrant now, Goldy a couple of years ago etc) but with GWS the debate is which gun player is more important or more valuable than the other top class players in their team (Greene, Cameron, Kelly etc etc... it's quite a list).

Heard Barrett fleetingly speak about him on some radio show.

Spoke about how he's improving every week and we should go back and re-up our offer (in jest).

About it.

They were ribbing him for a comment he'd made earlier about Kelly not being the one he'd be throwing the kitchen sink at, and was hence asked "who's better?" "Greene" he said "as he's a match winner. Did you see him yesterday? He won that game off his own boot with his goals late in the game."

No argument from the panel and Lyon went on to say "that in no way diminishes Kelly's value and brilliance, I'm just saying Greene is their most important player."
Greene is an out and out gun, but he's not better than Kelly.

Judging the better player based on one game and goals (which its not exactly Josh's #1 priority to kick in the position he plays) is a joke and just indicative of how dumb Lyon is becoming as it pertains to football since his indiscretion.

If you want to leave it to the one game how about mentioning:

Kelly kicked at almost 30% better efficiency over the game, had more possessions, more than double the clearances, 50% more tackles and he had a goal.

In fact Kelly's goal accuracy was far better than Greenes. 50% vs 22.2%

But sure Gary. Tell us how 2 goals to Greene makes him the better player.

It's one random comment. Right or wrong, are we extending our angst to prospective players now? I don't care if he's better, worse or the same as Kelly. Kelly is the one we want and need.

Yeah, it was just one bloke's opinion. The others disagreed fwiw.

It's one random comment. Right or wrong, are we extending our angst to prospective players now? I don't care if he's better, worse or the same as Kelly. Kelly is the one we want and need.
It's a board for discussion of footy and footy media.

I disagree with what Lyon said (and theres no thread discussing Lyon so I posted here directly) and a lot of what he has said since his hiatus. Fast approaching Leigh matthews status as clueless past player.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Joyce and our coaching staff would be salivating at the effect his inclusion has on others inside the best 22, more than just adding his footballing ability to the side, which is immense in itself.

For a mid, his signing would have such positive structural influences resembling the addition of a good key forward. With where our list is placed and balanced, I couldn't list many, if any, better targets or inclusions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a board for discussion of footy and footy media.

I disagree with what Lyon said (and theres no thread discussing Lyon so I posted here directly) and a lot of what he has said since his hiatus. Fast approaching Leigh matthews status as clueless past player.
Four words for you: "move Luke back again". :p

It's cool DP. It just seemed a pretty inconsequential comment to me, and personally I thought it irrelevant.

Play on...

You can bet your bottom dollar that Joyce and our coaching staff would be salivating at the effect his inclusion has on others inside the best 22, more than just adding his footballing ability to the side, which is immense in itself.

For a mid, his signing would have such positive structural influences resembling the addition of a good key forward. With where our list is placed and balanced, I couldn't list many, if any, better targets or inclusions.

Having a core mid who can spend 85%+ game time on the field would be excellent.

Reporter for 3AW sports program just now referenced 'Beaver' who is a commentator and Saints man that Kelly definitely heading to Saints either end of this year or in 2 years time if he re-signs with GWS for 2 years. Not sure how close 'Beaver' is to it....

The difference in lists is such that with North we'd be debating which player is an out and out gun (Tarrant now, Goldy a couple of years ago etc) but with GWS the debate is which gun player is more important or more valuable than the other top class players in their team (Greene, Cameron, Kelly etc etc... it's quite a list).

It's what happens when you are gifted all these top picks.

Reporter for 3AW sports program just now referenced 'Beaver' who is a commentator and Saints man that Kelly definitely heading to Saints either end of this year or in 2 years time if he re-signs with GWS for 2 years. Not sure how close 'Beaver' is to it....
That would be Bruce Eva from SEN - he is called BEAVER - and he is a massive saints fan

Thats Bruce Eva. Knows Stuff no doubt so we'll see

Sl
Thats Bruce Eva. Knows Stuff no doubt so we'll see
Find it hard to believe though that kelly would have 'committed' to the Saints in 2 years time 'if' he re-signs with GWS. A lot can happen in two years. If that's the case why wouldn't he just go at the end of this year. Anyway time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back