List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an extraordinary amount of effort to convince supporters of a Melbourne-based club that a potential recruit might be less attracted to their team despite possibly planning on moving to Melbourne.

I think it's based on a rumoured sighting at an Auction too yeah?
Heh I saw that post and laughed. How much effort does one need to put in such a thing? Its laughable.

My experience of several friends who live in the Bayside suburbs is that they rarely come north of South Rd, and never further north of Fitzroy St. So there's absolutely no point discussing the commute to the CBD or its immediate surrounds as it may as well be a foreign country.

yeah but ELWOOD is well before south road. Elwood is 7 ks from the cbd. a short drive down beach road, then through the back of port/sth melb, and your there.....

That is an extraordinary amount of effort to convince supporters of a Melbourne-based club that a potential recruit might be less attracted to their team despite possibly planning on moving to Melbourne.

I think it's based on a rumoured sighting at an Auction too yeah?

Maybe hes bought an appartment off the plan across the road from arden st too....;-)

Maybe hes bought an appartment off the plan across the road from arden st too....;-)

He'd do well to invest that godfather offer into a real estate portfolio. Hell, he might end up with properties within 15 minutes of the training grounds of all the Victorian clubs.

My cousin also works at the Peter Mac centre. She commutes from Sandringham, and it takes her well over an hour. Perhaps you can do it in 35m, I don't know what time you are referring to. If it is between 4-7 I would be shocked. Also, even with no traffic there is no way in the world you do that trip in under 20 minutes. A simple Google search will tell you it is 29 minutes from Brighton to Peter Mac and that is without traffic. Not sure how you manage to cut off 45% of your travel time? Even South Yarra to North Melbourne is estimated at well over 20 minutes and that is a 6km trip. Is there a secret underground tunnel that both myself and Google Maps are unaware of?

The rest of us are forced into taking 1 of Beach Road or Nepean Highway. Both absolute nightmares at the wrong time of day. It is not uncommon to spend 20+ minutes getting from Albert Park to St.Kilda if you get stuck in peak hour. I also have done this trip for years, and my experience, as well as Google Maps, refutes what you are saying very easily. I wouldn't normally bother to reply to this, but it seems odd to call somebody out when their claims are so easily debunked.

View attachment 376723

Also, nowhere in my previous post did I say that location would be the driving factor in his decision. Simply disputed the inclination that commuting North/South of the city all the time is not a consideration at all. It is a royal pain in the ass. Comparing coaches to millennials is also pointless. Just because a coach is happy to do it, doesn't mean a 21 year is.

Maybe he prefers north of the city, who knows? There is actually way more to do that side of town IMO. However, I do disagree that location would not be a consideration at all. If he chooses to live in Elwood and nominate North, it won't be because the commute was a completely insignificant factor. It will be because he really wants to play for North and the overall positives outweigh the negative (which is travel time). If we are actually in with a shot, then location will most definitely come into play.

Anyway, I see that there is not going to be a discussion about Kelly on here without p*ssing people off. That was not the intention, so I will see myself out.

This is the greatest post on the Internet. Bar none. The level of detail and anger that has gone into stabbing every word into the keyboard, so furious that someone dare question how long a commute between two points on the map could be, is just staggering in its beauty.

Brett flog Anderson on SEN "Josh Kelly will go to St.Kilda" his family living in bayside area means the Saints are an attractive proposition as he doesn't have to travel an extra 10 minutes" .... talk about nauseating.

His family living in Bayside, which means 10 minutes less sitting in traffic in a very expensive car listening to shitty FM radio >> his family having a defined, traceable lineage at the North Melbourne Football Club, having shed blood sweat and tears for the Roos

Good work everybody but wrap it up here and let's hit the review room and let's see what we can do better next time when we throw the war chest at an out of contract Dean Towers

His family living in Bayside, which means 10 minutes less sitting in traffic in a very expensive car listening to shitty FM radio >> his family having a defined, traceable lineage at the North Melbourne Football Club, having shed blood sweat and tears for the Roos

Phil Kelly used to live in Bayside too and he used to walk barefoot backwards to training at Arden St.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work everybody but wrap it up here and let's hit the review room and let's see what we can do better next time when we throw the war chest at an out of contract Dean Towers

Will we have enough though?

the smirk on brad at his presser when asked about our kelly was priceless.
24c78d1a77e5f6e644aabb7917da9c65.jpg

Phil Kelly used to live in Bayside too and he used to walk barefoot backwards to training at Arden St.

Still lives on South Rd apparently.

The Saints are planning to re-purchase Rod Buttersssssss old $20M+ Brighton Beach mansion so Josh is near mummy and daddy in a place with back gate access to long beach walks for his dog.

We're f***ed!

Brett flog Anderson on SEN "Josh Kelly will go to St.Kilda" his family living in bayside area means the Saints are an attractive proposition as he doesn't have to travel an extra 10 minutes" .... talk about nauseating.
Now that is crap of the highest level why are they in the media

Surely the club gives him some sort of portable device loaded up with episodes of The Stern Look that he can play through the car's fancy Bluetooth enabled sound system. I'd suggest starting with the extremely loose Lounge Lizard vs Messenger episode.

The research doesn't lie. Which means Pykie does. Now I can't trust him to say where he lives and how long his commute is, how can I trust his views on young players? This is a betrayal of nightmarish proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back