List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy is about passion for supporters Horace. For players, while that is/can be a factor, it's a profession these days and head, heart and wallet are all factors.

Like you, however, it wouldn't be a choice for me too. 70 years eh?

I last acknowledged my birthday when I turned 19. That was a long time ago. I have forgotten how long ago that was, so I use rough guesses.

The beauty of remaining forever 19 years of age is that it allows me to get away with being an irresponsible teenager. Well that's my take anyway.

Last edited:
I lasted acknowledged my birthday when I turned 19. That was a long time ago. I have forgotten how long ago that was, so I use rough guesses.

The beauty of remaining forever 19 years of age is that it allows me to get away with being an irresponsible teenager. Well that's my take anyway.
Talk about youth being wasted on the young. You young larrikins need to get out and get a real job instead of skylarking.

548a599fd9c01_-_rbk-date-night-movies-cocoon-xln.jpg

Yes intelligence. He's a professional and if you agree to be interviewed be prepared to answer the question. Not hard to say I'm not making a decision till the end of year which is what his manager's been saying all year.
They're contractually obliged to front the media post game. This doesn't extend to questions regarding non game matters.

The key comment was one sentence, with a pause in between:

"... I'm keeping my mind well and truly off that and, y'know... well and truly with the giants at the minute".

Also interesting to hear that at the same time North had already recognised Kelly's talent enough to offer him $9M, Leon Cameron still didn't know if he'd cut it in the midfield.

Welcome to the visionary club Josh... this is DONE.

Last edited:
I reckon the odds are
North 50%
Saints 30%
GWS 10%
Someone else 10%

I reckon there's more evidence of an overly-optimistic streak on the board TBH.

My money's on us getting him, but I'm not going to scoff at a Saints fan thinking they're a chance.
s**t.

I've got it as:
North - 100%
GWS - 1%
(1% margin of error)

I ran a 1-way ANOVA (1 person - 3 groups (North/GWS/Saints) through SPSS and found p<0.05. I used bonferoni post hoc analysis and next to North it has p<0.01. So based on statistical analysis he is ~99% likely to be at North next year (99% satisfied the result isn't down to chance).

I am comfortably satisfied he will be at North next year.

1qbvja.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon the odds are
North 50%
Saints 30%
GWS 10%
Someone else 10%

I reckon there's more evidence of an overly-optimistic streak on the board TBH.

My money's on us getting him, but I'm not going to scoff at a Saints fan thinking they're a chance.

80% - North
20% - GWS

The only way he stays with GWS is if they up their offer AND come agonizing close to winning the flag. Then he may be temped to have another go. Unfinished business type of thing.

s**t.

I've got it as:
North - 100%
GWS - 1%
(1% margin of error)

I ran a 1-way ANOVA (1 person - 3 groups (North/GWS/Saints) through SPSS and found p<0.05. I used bonferoni post hoc analysis and next to North it has p<0.01. So based on statistical analysis he is ~99% likely to be at North next year (99% satisfied the result isn't down to chance).

I am comfortably satisfied he will be at North next year.

View attachment 378443
And this is Saints fans (typical dreamers)

Saints 99%
North 0%
GWS 1%

sms-1327.jpg

i wouldn't even begrudge him for staying at GWS for an extra two years due to imminent flag success imo. However, (dont think it will happen) but certainly couldn't handle St.Kiulda or another VIC club taking him.
I can tell you I won't. My whole family barracks for Stkilda and I was fairly into Jack Steele. To see another one get away, especially already missing out on him due to a stupid change of father son rule, I will not handle it well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well thanks for that Patty.

I'm sure that the entire AFL world was hanging out for your take on the situation.

If Geelong had come knocking when he was 22 with more cash than he'd ever seen I'm sure he'd have thought it wasn't for him too.

Well thanks for that Patty.

I'm sure that the entire AFL world was hanging out for your take on the situation.

If Geelong had come knocking when he was 22 with more cash than he'd ever seen I'm sure he'd have thought it wasn't for him too.

You have to laugh at all these experts on great money telling others how it might not be the right decision.

Yep not sure if my north glasses are on, but we seem to be losing the media love. Not that it really matters, I think Bard said we are doing our work behind closed doors.

I would have thought if Kelly is that concerned about doing what is right by GWS then he stays there.

If, and it's an if, he decides he wants to be at North, I hardly think he's going to pass that up and spend the rest of his career at another club just so GWS get an extra draft pick.

This is the type of absurd cognitive dissonance from the likes of General Giant that is clogging up the draft board.

It's honestly not his problem and I expect he would be completely emotionally detached from the outcome.

Christ, they have about 10 blokes lined up outside the team that would get a game in just about any other side.

Yep not sure if my north glasses are on, but we seem to be losing the media love. Not that it really matters, I think Bard said we are doing our work behind closed doors.
Losing? When did we have media love?

If we had media love they would have been all over the F/S connection for as long as the conversation of Josh coming to North has been going.

If Phil had played for St Kilda it would be just about the only angle they would be running with. In fact if Phil played at St Kilda I would suggest teh media would be painting it in such a romantic light that they'd be saying crap like "Well the Saints have been in talks with Josh for some time and as his dad did play at the club you'd expect the family tie to mean the Saints will likely only need to offer something in the vicinity of other clubs to get the job done"

With us there's crickets about Phil playing for us and there is now the perception that we would need to up the offer.

Why? We in all likelihood been telling Josh for years that we want him. Been very clear that we would be able to move on him this year. Offered him more and for longer than any club before him breaking out. He knows where we are at, I think it is overwhelmingly likely that we know where he's at too.

Why? We in all likelihood been telling Josh for years that we want him. Been very clear that we would be able to move on him this year. Offered him more and for longer than any club before him breaking out. He knows where we are at, I think it is overwhelmingly likely that we know where he's at too.

This isn't a guess, it's a fact.

Josh knew before he was drafted that we were making moves to try and get him in the draft.

It didn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back