List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With his ski jump nose I'm just not convinced Josh is a great fit for the jumper..... That Shiel laddie, on the other hand would look utterly magnificent in the royal blue and white.... What's his contract status anyone? I'd be willing to throw in a years worth of free haircuts and unlimited styling products from the KK salon to get this deal done.... Can any other posters stump up some 'extras' from their businesses?
shiel signed a deal this year i think for two years. north would be mad to not try and get him once its up though

So are you saying confidentiality agreements don't exist for AFL contracts the way they do with other high paying employment contracts? So if not from us, can only have come from Josh and/or his manager implying a complete and utter lack of integrity. Other alternative, is from GWS on the back of contract discussions knowing they can't match it.

Player management regularly leak stories to the media to benefit there clients.

The Kelly offer becoming public has ignited a bidding war amongst clubs. Suddenly the supposed $9 million offer is now being reported as $12 miliion. Surprise, surprise.

I agree but you know listening to some of Brad's pressers, he's talked up how exciting it is with the kids performing etc, and has all but said there's some exciting signings potentially coming to the club, and our supporters should be very excited etc. Can't help but think JK is done, you don't publicise the nature of your contract offer so early in the season and allow other clubs to pip you unless you've got an in principal agreement.
Yeah, whenever Brad gets asked about it be gets this massive Cheshire cat grin while mumbling something about not being disrespectful about players contracted to other teams.... Makes you think he knows it's done.

Yeah. The way he spoke sounded like pure speculation. Based on mates already there, Silvagni link.

My opinion is that none of the media have a clue, like the rest of us and just guessing based off rumours.

Not only do the media not have a clue, but Leon Cameron & Co. staying overnight and meeting up with Josh in Melbourne to show him their "presentation" clearly points out that GWS don't have a clue either.

Meanwhile over at Arden Street..................

giphy.gif

He is gone. Just a matter to which Melbourne club now.

He is gone....

funny thing that tom mentioned was that he wouldnt be driving around to other clubs, well, they are then a: going to go to his place to speak to him b: hes alread made up his mind ;-)

He is gone....

funny thing that tom mentioned was that he wouldnt be driving around to other clubs, well, they are then a: going to go to his place to speak to him b: hes alread made up his mind ;-)

Well obviously he is not driving around to speak to Melbourne based clubs. As saintbill has told us, he just can't handle Melbourne traffic. Any club wishing to speak to him will have to drive to see him at (one of) his bayside pad(s).

Not good. I assume carlton are applying for their annual priority pick and if they get it they could package it up with their first for kelly, stevie j, de boer, muzungu, simpson, and finlayson. Silvangni's dream of re-creating GWS' list is bordering on hird-like levels of narcissism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club didn't release the info.

Club was not overly impressed info got out.

Someone at club has loose lips.
Story, if I'm right, was broken by Brian Waldron, who has strong ties to St Kilda. Ergo, Saints enquired of Josh's management early in the year and were told "you need a bigger cheque book, North has already offered $9m over nine years". Saints official has had a sook to his old mate who has then taken it to the media.

It's not that hard to figure out, people.

Like I said peoples, the media needs to fill in news space and a solid headline for the working week.
It just amazes me how much traction it gets.

Hes ours. This is clickbait at its finest and being on the right side of the story for once, it makes you realise how much bullshit gets spun each year.

Josh Kelly's mum recently had a ripping steak at the Rooty Hill RSL whilst waiting for the Wa Wa Nee cover band to come on stage. On the same night his mum's best mate got 20 free spins on one of the 2c pokies. Top night. Josh's family want him to stay. But not with the Giants...with the Western Sydney Wanderers. Because Josh was caught going into EB Games in Parramatta buying a copy off Fifa '17 for his X-box. Take it to the bank.

I actually think josh looks better in a st kilda jumper.
The only way a North supporter could publish those words would be if they had a serious BDSM fetish. Where they actually got off from watching a "favourite son" joining a club that burned the vertical challenged whilst pouring a steaming pile of s**t over the people that were financially backing them.

I've seen you post some weird stuff dude, but are you that guy? NTTAWWT

The reality is GWS know they can create a dynasty with him and would be selling that as the package of staying.
Win flags.
Achieve success.
Enjoy the feeling of standing on the dais.

They also know what his worth and what they expect from us in return.

For Josh playing for the club he loves, the club his father played for, setting up yourself for life in the process whilst going down as a champion of North. Its a nobrainer.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Results like the weekend show that success isnt guaranteed and as loyal as Josh is to the Giants, they know that the only thing holding this deal up is adequate compensation.

Stop asking yourselves where he is going and rather speculate just what we'll be okay with giving up to land him here. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back