List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we literally have no one with his foot skills. unbelievable how good they are really. that goal against Essendon in the highlights package.. wow
Yeh swallow and Ziebell are shocking kicks. Struggle to see swallow getting anew contract

Listening to Sam?? (Channel 7 sports journalist) Who's on SEN stating that Kelly will knock the deal back and re sign with the GWS.

On EVA-L19 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heard that too. And it is not the first time it has been said.

I think we should all cool our expectations. While $9m over 9 years would surely be hard for most players to knock back, at age 22 and the Giants with such an impressive list at their disposal, the prospect of multiple premierships, coupled with a still very significant pay cheque at the Giants anyway, is likely to have greater appeal. A premiership is the ultimate for most players. Both the Cats and the Hawks in recent years have kept lists together where players have sacrificed better offers at other clubs, precisely for the reward of playing in premierships.

We won't get him is my view and just as disappointing is the prospect that Nick Blakey will go to the Swans under the "lived in Sydney/Sydney Academy" rule, whatever that is.

Listening to Sam?? (Channel 7 sports journalist) Who's on SEN stating that Kelly will knock the deal back and re sign with the GWS.

On EVA-L19 using BigFooty.com mobile app
He may very well do that. But there seems to be a number of media types hoping that he does.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Two comments:

DOES Josh Kelly want to play in premierships or does he want to chase the money?

Firstly, f off. Any decent player would back themselves in to achieve a premiership over a decade. I hope he moves and I hope we win 3 while they win squat. Footy "journo's"...

The wildly talented academy product passed up that cash to sign a five-year extension, unwilling to leave his home state despite the offer.

Secondly. Academy Product? Right... I think that's a bit of a stretch for a player that grew up in football heartland the son of an AFL player. They didn't "produce" anything - they just had a free hit at him.

I'd love to see the pre game banner reading "come on home Josh".

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

What'd Phil wear? #14?

Just put the number on it and a "VACANCY" sign. No need to be too obvious - and nothing says "subtle" like neon IMHO. :)

Last edited:
I think we won't get him for 2 main reasons.

1. He doesn't seem someone who wants the limelight or perhaps the pressure of being a very visible big money recruit.

2. He isn't a Tom Boyd - there is no word that he was a reluctant mover to NSW nor has he threatened to walk home each renewal. Essentially (and I have no problem with us doing this) we're trying to extract a player fairly settled in their football environment with the 3 prong lure of - boyhood/family connections to club, security in both cash and length of term and also the prospect of being back in his home town.

If I was pushed I think these points won't be enough to net what appears to be a fairly introverted, team oriented kid. Unfortunately.

Would love to be wrong though.

9 years seems strange, can we not make it 7? But anyhoo, who cares really, the offer is inconsequential compared to what we have to trade to get him. A first round pick obviously. But what from there? I would think they will ask for another one, and we will say no, perhaps offering two seconds or one second and a player.

9 years seems strange, can we not make it 7? But anyhoo, who cares really, the offer is inconsequential compared to what we have to trade to get him. A first round pick obviously. But what from there? I would think they will ask for another one, and we will say no, perhaps offering two seconds or one second and a player.

If he agrees to come to North and we have the sort of season many predict then we'll have a PSD pick to force a deal. Plus AFL house in true O'Meara style wouldn't want the franchise getting nothing for him.

So we will end up getting no one of significance I feel Martin will sign with Richmond. Now that is deflating anybody else coming out of contract.

You're right, 7s the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

According to SEN we are "desperate", but it's "intriguing" that we are "inflating the market".
That Sam Cockface bloke on the morning show with Rompngwins, the daughter shagger and the great Kool-aid drinker is such a massive wanna be Hutchy flog. He's off on his phone chasing gutter rumours and looking through bins for stories and then has the gall to have a crack at Gary Ablett Jr. for knocking back his approaches for an intervew and instead accepting a paid interview with the footy show.

These blokes have no self awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right, 7s the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
Someone ate a kilo of blue before bed last night.

According to SEN we are "desperate", but it's "intriguing" that we are "inflating the market".
Just perhaps we figure that if we shake the tree, even if Kelly doesn't accept the offer, other players might take an interest. Not to mention that GWS will have to up their offer and that will impact their ability to retain other players going forward.

The power of footy media, within 24 hours we have gone from almost starting a "welcome to north Josh Kelly and Dustin Martin" thread, on an impossible to refuse offer and predicting our team line ups for 2018 to yea can't blame them for not taking the money and becoming multi millionaires

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

That Sam Cockface bloke on the morning show with Rompngwins, the daughter shagger and the great Kool-aid drinker is such a massive wanna be Hutchy flog. He's off on his phone chasing gutter rumours and looking through bins for stories and then has the gall to have a crack at Gary Ablett Jr. for knocking back his approaches for an intervew and instead accepting a paid interview with the footy show.

These blokes have no self awareness.

Very nice post. Didn't miss too many there. Pity you couldn't work *sir *james the ultimate delusional *donialist into the post. Would definitely go POTY with that inclusion.:thumbsu:

If there was a world championship for lightweight, clueless flogs with a misplaced sense of enormous self confidence, I'd want Jon Ralph to be Australia's entry.
Sam McCLure is catching up fast though
OMFG, couldn't agree more.

The tone in his voice is of someone who has desparately craved attention their whole lives, now has it but doesn't have the emotional maturity to deal with the spotlight, so views most questions as a personal affront and gets all offended and whingy.

I wanna punch that campaigner in the dick with his own fist.

Useless turd.

OMFG, couldn't agree more.

The tone in his voice is of someone who has desparately craved attention their whole lives, now has it but doesn't have the emotional maturity to deal with the spotlight, so views most questions as a personal affront and gets all offended and whingy.

I wanna punch that campaigner in the dick with his own fist.

Useless turd.

So true. Problem though is his hands are almost certainly wrapped around the appendage in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back