List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe JK is unsure us about because there is uncertainty about the coach.
Where as Carlton have a pretty likeable coach

That's all media bullshit. Scott & Richardson come out of contract at the same time and Bolton doesn't even have a contract, he could be sacked whenever the Blues want.

Caro would never recover if Kelly knocked him off then came to us

The main reason Caro hates us is because Keith Greig beat the much fancied Kevin Bartlett to the 1973 Brownlow, then her Dad, president of Richmond at the time, came home very drunk and kicked her cat so hard it died.

The main reason Caro hates us is because Keith Greig beat the much fancied Kevin Bartlett to the 1973 Brownlow, then her Dad, president of Richmond at the time, came home very drunk and kicked her cat so hard it died.
I always thought it was the sexual tension between her and JB.:stern look

What's the story why she wants Dusty out the door?? She's holding onto some anger there.

MA is telling it straight!

When the Brownlow turned nasty: The count that ended in a scuffle

FORTY years ago, the Brownlow Medal count turned nasty.

Champion Richmond rover Kevin Bartlett, winner of 11 of 12 media awards for the 1974 season, was beaten for the Brownlow Medal by North Melbourne wingman Keith Greig, who won it for the second straight year.

But the story behind that Brownlow count, which is retold in this weekend's AFL Record, is one of the powerful Tigers jealously guarding their turf against the brash, upstart Kangaroos.

North, under the leadership of ambitious president Dr Allen Aylett, had brought footy's biggest name, Ron Barassi, to the club as coach, milked the 10-year rule brilliantly by signing big-name recruits and changed the way footy clubs operated, with a focus on marketing and brand-building.

The Tigers were ruthless and arrogant and why wouldn't they be? They were at the peak of their powers in 1974, coming off premierships in all three grades of the VFL the year before.
President Ian Wilson (Caro's old man), secretary Alan Schwab and powerbroker Graeme Richmond had their way of doing things and it worked.

But heading into that year's Brownlow Medal count (the event was held after the final round of the home and away season until 1978), the Tigers were the most disliked club in the League, partly due to their success, their lack of humility (from the administration) and their part in the Windy Hill brawl earlier that year.

They were despised even more after the count, beautifully stage-managed by the League when Greig won with the last vote of the night.

As soon as the count was over, Tiger secretary Schwab and committeeman Charlie Priestley booed and hissed. Once outside the ballroom, Joseph, the North secretary, challenged them and he and Priestley, a feisty former Richmond premiership player, then scuffled and nearly came to blows. Schwab summed up the mood at Tigerland, telling The Age's Mike Sheahan: "It's a joke. Greig deserved to win a Brownlow but not this year."

The behaviour of the Richmond officials outraged the rest of the League. Terry Vine, the sports editor of the afternoon daily newspaper, The Herald, wrote in the next day's edition: "There is a sickening sensation in the gut today over Richmond's reaction to Keith Greig winning a second Brownlow Medal last night...an outburst of sour grapes and wretched sportsmanship not from the players but the responsible officials."

Bartlett told the AFL Record he was embarrassed by the outburst from the Richmond officials, for which they would later apologise.

"I was favourite to win, but they (the League) shuffled the votes and I lost and that aggravated Wilson and Schwab. They took it as a slur on Richmond and were pretty outspoken and called it a disgrace. But I never thought that,” Bartlett said.

"Keith was a champion and a fantastic player so I was a bit embarrassed about it. A lot of people said the Tigers were arrogant but I didn't want people to think I was arrogant and that I deserved to win the medal and not Keith. So that was a little disappointing. "

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-21/the-brownlow-biffo

I see Sam McClure has us back "in the race" in The Age today.

When I worked as a political journo I always said that if we (political journos) got things as routinely wrong as sports journos, we'd be laughed out of town - and work.

But these cun ... hirds ... just trundle along making blithe statements, never being held accountable for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Tigers were the most disliked club in the League, partly due to their success, their lack of humility (from the administration)

"their success": The more things change.....

"their lack of humility": the more they stay the same.

Maybe JK is unsure us about because there is uncertainty about the coach.
Where as Carlton have a pretty likeable coach
Let's be clear here, The only links Carlton have to JK are media personalities like Jonathan Brown who would have no clue.

Carlton themselves have said they haven't made an offer and haven't spoken to him or his management.

When I worked as a political journo I always said that if we (political journos) got things as routinely wrong as sports journos, we'd be laughed out of town - and work.

But these cun ... hirds ... just trundle along making blithe statements, never being held accountable for them.
There pretty bad aren't they madaddam did you state that your source had Kelly coming to us

It's a boys club gravy train. Once you're in the clique you could pretty much say anything and it wouldn't matter.

It's a boys club gravy train. Once you're in the clique you could pretty much say anything and it wouldn't matter.

All places at the trough are held in the highest of esteem.

By those at the trough.

LOL. So Deadsy is a Negative Son of a Gun. Reminds me of the bloke that sits behind us on Level 2. Very Negative but he still loves the club. I go to every game and he is always there. Year in year out. All Deadsy wants is the best for the club. The criticism that Deadsy makes may be grating to some but it shows that he/she/it cares. Never forget that. :stern look
It. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back