List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our club has been on record for a number of years we don't discuss list management/ recruitment in the media, so he hadn't talked with our list managers, so Brett has contacted Carlton and st kilda who would obviously put themselves in front
That's why Denham cracked the shits with us years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

kobe-small-c.gif

Kobe likes the car.....a few mins extra drive is pretty enticing to him.

(whoops put this in the wrong thread before)

kobe-small-c.gif

Kobe likes the car.....a few mins extra drive is pretty enticing to him.

(whoops put this in the wrong thread before)

That sound you hear is GR's crown slipping so bet all of your money on him announcing Josh to North.

I don't think pick 10 would be enough on it's own.

It will take our first pick at a minimum to get it done, probably with swap of picks in second round or surplus player.

Being such a high pick (likely 1 or 2), I'm hopeful that in itself will be enough and personally I'm more than happy to give it up for a player of Kelly's proven quality.
I never said pick 10 would be enough on its own. I simply said, rather than give them pick 1 or 2, I'd rather give pick 10 + first rounder next year for example, which hopefully isn't a top 5 pick.

Is this because you don't rate Kelly? I would hand over pick 1 in a heartbeat. The kid is an absolute jet who will get better.
No, it's not because I don't rate Kelly. I just want to treasure pick 1/2 which we never usually see the likes of.
As I said previously, if we had pick 10, and he nominated us, what would have happened? We'd still get it done, adding future picks and/or players.
Given our pick this year will be a rare top 4 pick, we should not simply give it away because Kelly is worth it. Of course he is, but we need to be more creative than that. The example I used, say, trade pick 2 for picks 10 and pick 16 (pure example only). Then give them pick 10 and a first round pick next year, thus still remain in the first round this year.

That's irrelevant. If we had pick 10 instead of pick 2, we would still have got a deal done, one way or another.
Perhaps we'd use next year's pick or a combination of picks, but we'd get it done.
Now that we are lucky enough to have such a prized pick at our disposal, we should find a way to either keep it, or trade it for two lower first rounders, one of which could be use for Kelly, with next year's pick, allowing us to keep a first rounder this year, for example.
Treloar went for 2 X first rounders.
That has set precedence. Give up an early pick is absolute minimum.
Do we need to give up next years first rounder as well?

Don't think JK is the type of player to screw his club over and walk through to the PSD. We all may hope so. But we are drinking too much of our own coolaid.

In short JK will cost us the house and a little more. But saying that. I still want him.

No, it's not because I don't rate Kelly. I just want to treasure pick 1/2 which we never usually see the likes of.
As I said previously, if we had pick 10, and he nominated us, what would have happened? We'd still get it done, adding future picks and/or players.
Given our pick this year will be a rare top 4 pick, we should not simply give it away because Kelly is worth it. Of course he is, but we need to be more creative than that. The example I used, say, trade pick 2 for picks 10 and pick 16 (pure example only). Then give them pick 10 and a first round pick next year, thus still remain in the first round this year.

That's not really treasuring pick 1/2 though, that's just taking us out of the first round next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW. Brett Anderson again today stated we were 3rd in line, bring Carlton and the Saints for Josh.

This prompted a North fan to ring in and basically quoted Tazza's above post.

Anderson's reply was basically he gets his info from talking to list managers and agents.

Stick with the U18s Brett.

List managers wouldn't have a clue. Agents? There is only 1 agent that knows where Josh is going. One. Others wouldn't have a clue.

So in short, we'd go:
OUT: Pick 1/2 (more likely to be pick 2) this year + next year's first (likely to be top 10)
IN: Kelly, pick 16 this year

Even if we're looking at a best case scenario, in which Kelly fits in perfectly, the team also takes a step up collectively, we have a good run with injuries and make the finals, giving us a pick between say 11-18, we'd effectively be going JK for pick 2 anyway

If we really treasured pick 2, we'd keep it and makes some trade(s) that'd land us a first round pick this year and couple that with our first next year for JK. Goldy alone might be worth a late first to a contender, if not, Goldy + swap of 2nd rounders might do it

IN: JK, pick 2
OUT: next year's first, Goldy

However we do it, we'll get this deal done and before too long, we'll be seeing JK, in the royal blue and white, on the first Saturday in October, with the Norm Smith around his neck and the premiership cup in both arms

I don't think we can afford to give away next years first round pick. I'm (reluctantly) happy enough to give our first pick this year being anywhere from 1st to 4th pick, but doing away with next year's first is a huge risk if that draft is as good as it is supposed to be.

If he nominates us as his preferred destination, then we immediately get a bit of negotiating advantage. Maybe we have to trade a player/other pick or picks with another club to get another relatively high pick to throw into the deal. We really need to make sure we retain a second round pick this year, somewhere near where our second pick will be based on our current finishing position.

I don't think we can afford to give away next years first round pick. I'm (reluctantly) happy enough to give our first pick this year being anywhere from 1st to 4th pick, but doing away with next year's first is a huge risk if that draft is as good as it is supposed to be.

If he nominates us as his preferred destination, then we immediately get a bit of negotiating advantage. Maybe we have to trade a player/other pick or picks with another club to get another relatively high pick to throw into the deal. We really need to make sure we retain a second round pick this year, somewhere near where our second pick will be based on our current finishing position.
Agreed. A top 3 pick plus a swap of second rounders should do it. GWS needs picks this year to make up for the points penalty over Whitfield.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

If he nominates us, our first this year should get it done, we are talking pick 1 or 2. I keep hearing Treloar set the standard two first rounders for a young A grade midfielder, well that isn't really what the trade was

upload_2017-8-17_1-30-30.png

the 2016 first rounder, ended up being pick 8.

so let's throw this into the trade calculator

upload_2017-8-17_1-36-46.png

Treloar is worth pick 2, Kelly is very similair so pick 2 should get it done if he nominates us, If Carlton win one of their last two games and we get pick 1 to trade, we should be getting some loose change back.

Mate you are killing it. GR better lift his game if he wants to remain relevant.

It's all part of our BF POTY transition phase, ala Roos/Horse at Sydney, with gr set to assume the position in the social media role with North.

Newscorp's Sydney correspondent Neil Cordy believes he is gone.

This post almost slipped through to the keeper but to me it's a monumental announcement by the most respected, established and best connected AFL industry sleuth in the Sydney market. Cordy would never post that without having very solid information, unlike the ambulance chasing headline seeking flogs who post speculation as fact.

Interesting...........

This post almost slipped through to the keeper but to me it's a monumental announcement by the most respected, established and best connected AFL industry sleuth in the Sydney market. Cordy would never post that without having very solid information, unlike the ambulance chasing headline seeking flogs who post speculation as fact.

Interesting...........
Its hard to keep up with who is and who isn't. Becuase its like theyre in a competition with each other. God I can't even say who's leading the race because I started to type McMuppet and Barrett and then many others came to mind.

Its hard to keep up with who is and who isn't. Becuase its like theyre in a competition with each other. God I can't even say who's leading the race because I started to type McMuppet and Barrett and then many others came to mind.

Yep well Cordy's not one to shoot from the hip, being the number one scribe for both clubs in the Sydney market. He wouldn't even say it casually without knowing information those less connected would crave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back