List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair chance that in 2 years we might not be in a position to give him the same opportunity and if that's the case, we might be saying" Well Josh, if you want to play for the club you grew up supporting, the club your Dad played for, earning top dollar for the next decade, then this is your one and most likely only chance to do it. The balls in your court son."

If/when we finish last, does that mean we have number 1 pick in PSD as well as ND?

If so and if Kelly nominates us, surely we don't give GWS our 1st in ND, as if a trade can't be met then he comes to us via PSD anyway and we lose nothing?
This has been said approximately 1000 times already but, yep spot on.

Based on what exactly?

He could have made up his mind weeks ago and no one other than his family would have any clue.

It's big footy you don't reveal your sources.
His manager just come out with something similar.

It's big footy you don't reveal your sources.
His manager just come out with something similar.

The whole "delay decision until end of year so focus on footy" is just stalling manager talk - of course players think about their careers in the downtime they get.

Pretty much every player that hasn't resigned before years end has left the club they play for, and I hope Kelly will be next.

Last edited:
The whole "delay decision until end of year so focus on footy" is just manager talk - of course players think about their careers in all the downtime they get.

Pretty much every player that hasn't resigned before years end has left the club they play for, and I hope Kelly will be next.
You're right, but it's possible that this year, how Richmond and GWS perform in the finals MIGHT be a factor. Would Dusty's decision be different, for example, if Richmond loses the GF by a point, compared to them losing all of their final matches? Would Josh's decision be different if GWS wins the flag? I certainly don't know; I just surmise that it might be a factor in both player's decision making.

Like I vaguely said two post prior. Hasn't made his mind up.

The lads at gws seem to get on really well and obviously understand player movement better then some. So no pressure for Kelly. Also success is a very high possibility at gws.
Then us has the Melbourne/home factor/family and money for many years to come.

Playing Aussie Rules in Western Sydney might be very good at creating "us against the world" bonds between a group of people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not understand why the speculation is growing that Kelly is staying. Why hasnt he signed then as GWS' offer hasnt changed.

Why wait? What has changed?

I do not understand why the speculation is growing that Kelly is staying. Why hasnt he signed then as GWS' offer hasnt changed.

I'm with you Bigeasy in that I think said speculation is mainly to sell papers and video to consumers. Nothing has changed from the outside beyond JK not signed 7 months after he was definitely going to. I think gone.

i still remember the smile on Brad when asked about Josh a couple of months ago.
a smile can tell alot

Did you see that JZ had a similar smile in response to a similar question on whatever media thing he was on the other week.

I'm with you Bigeasy in that I think said speculation is mainly to sell papers and video to consumers. Nothing has changed from the outside beyond JK not signed 7 months after he was definitely going to. I think gone.
Agree, just look at the back of the Herald Sun today. Kelly in a super imposed Bombers jumper. Purely to sell papers nothing in that story!

Because he had another BOG game on the weekend which means (for lazy journalists) that he is happy where he's at and obviously made a decision to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back