List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvagni is all hype.

Not doubting they have some talent. After all the kids you mentioned are all former top 5 draft picks (curnow would have been around the mark had carlton not leaked the driving incident before the draft ((similar to west coast and darling)). Pickett needs to stay on the park. I do think both he and Curnow are slightly overrated.

There are still too many holes in their list and they won't be ready before their experienced players depart. A large number of holes across the list.

Silvagni will be lucky to be on a list in 2 years.

Not quick, basically a small forward at his height, not big, not an overly great mark and not quick enough to put on forward pressure that you need.

He gets ******* torched by quality half backs.

He's terrible.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that is scratching their head about jack silvagni. What does his continual naming in the side say about the bolton/sos relationship? Is the tail wagging the dog?
I don't see the silvagni appeal. Looks like he's running in mud and looks ****ed 2 minutes into games. I know he probably isn't but he's got this "look how tired i am, but I'm still giving it my all" look from start to finish and it really pisses me off for some reason.

I definitely think sos is calling the shots down at carlton.

I don't see the silvagni appeal. Looks like he's running in mud and looks ****** 2 minutes into games. I know he probably isn't but he's got this "look how tired i am, but I'm still giving it my all" look from start to finish and it really pisses me off for some reason.

I definitely think sos is calling the shots down at carlton.
And this is why fathers and sons shouldn't be at the club at the same time. A silver lining to hopefully picking up Blakey.

If Kelly nominates us, pick 4 may not be enough. Assuming the Saints don't drop below the Dogs and guessing where GWS finishes we have 4, 21, 43, 61 and GWS has 23, 26, 69.

So what combination do we need to secure the coveted pick 69?

Pick 4 almost certainly isn't enough. Pick 1 may have been. It's usual to use the Treloar trade as a starting point and say "they got 2 firsts for him so Kelly must be worth 3", which is kind of bullshit.

The 2 firsts in question were both pick 7 based on Collingwood's draft position, and ended up being 8 and 9 after academy bids. 3,288 points originally, 3,020 as actually used. Pick 1 is 3,000 points. FWIW, GWS on-traded both, and they ended up being used on Griffin Logue and Sam Weideman.

Then 28 came back to Collingwood. Only 677 points but meaningful to the extent that it gave Collingwood something useable back for their trouble.

GWS used those two picks to trade slightly down in the 2015 first round and to trade up in the 2016 first round. They used the 10 that they traded down to to match a bid on Hopper at 7. Smart by them. In 2016 they ended up with Taranto at 2.

They were always going to match a bid on Hopper, but the way they churned picks around let them do it with a handful of useable later picks they didn't previously have.

So bottom line, Treloar for Taranto and a couple of late top-up picks.

Alternatively, Treloar for Logue and Weideman. Neither version of that trade is as scary as the "OMG MORTGAGE YOUR FUTURE" it might first seem.

We start with 4, worth 2034 points, but more importantly a high pick they're going to actually use and won't get bumped down by academy bids. Guaranteed one of the big 4 mids. I reckon they still get Taranto with 4 last year, given who the other bottom 3 clubs would have prioritised.

So we have to get them something else useable. I'm guessing they'll want us to find a way to come up with another 1st in this draft, preferably mid-round. Might mean coming up with a Jed Anderson type deal but with us in the Hawthorn role. We could also say ok, 4+21, that's about 3000 points, and trade our own way back in.

Pick 1 would have been enough to get Kelly across but now with pick 4 we will certainly have to add 21 to the deal as well. Both those scenarios (1 or 4/21) add to around 3000 points and the latter would also be consistent with the Treloar trade.

So we have to get them something else useable. I'm guessing they'll want us to find a way to come up with another 1st in this draft, preferably mid-round. Might mean coming up with a Jed Anderson type deal but with us in the Hawthorn role. We could also say ok, 4+21, that's about 3000 points, and trade our own way back in.

I have the same feeling - they'll ask for pick 4 plus another first rounder, and then we'll need to find another club that will give us pick 14-18 for our 21 + player. Or give them next years first round pick. We'll counter with offering just pick 4, but realistically 4+21 is probably ok.

However, we'll only have 43 and 61 (which may be worse after compensation picks are added in). That's not a lot of draft currency. If we have another poor year next season, we will really have to hit the draft hard, and I don't want us trading next year's picks away for Kelly. If we bottom out in 2018, there will probably be a new coach for 2019, and it would be nice if he had 3 picks inside the top 30 to start off with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the same feeling - they'll ask for pick 4 plus another first rounder, and then we'll need to find another club that will give us pick 14-18 for our 21 + player. Or give them next years first round pick. We'll counter with offering just pick 4, but realistically 4+21 is probably ok.

However, we'll only have 43 and 61 (which may be worse after compensation picks are added in). That's not a lot of draft currency. If we have another poor year next season, we will really have to hit the draft hard, and I don't want us trading next year's picks away for Kelly. If we bottom out in 2018, there will probably be a new coach for 2019, and it would be nice if he had 3 picks inside the top 30 to start off with.

Goldy and 21 to *scum for 10

4 & 10 for JK.

Looks like Josh won't be staying at GWS - otherwise he would of course already have signed. So, if he's not signed, where will he prefer to go? Imagine how he will have felt when offered $10m to play with the club he followed as a kid and his dad played for. Surely, that still has to be a big factor in his decision, albeit a trade will still need to be done. Pick 4 makes it harder to negotiate, and I don't think we can offer too much in terms of playing stock - apart from maybe Atley or Goldstein plus picks. Let's hope we can somehow make this happen.

Looks like Josh won't be staying at GWS - otherwise he would of course already have signed. So, if he's not signed, where will he prefer to go? Imagine how he will have felt when offered $10m to play with the club he followed as a kid and his dad played for. Surely, that still has to be a big factor in his decision, albeit a trade will still need to be done. Pick 4 makes it harder to negotiate, and I don't think we can offer too much in terms of playing stock - apart from maybe Atley or Goldstein plus picks. Let's hope we can somehow make this happen.
So, if it's Atley, rather than Goldstein, in the trade Shermanator suggested, Dodoro finally gets to use his video?

Goldy and 21 to *scum for 10

4 & 10 for JK.
If they are paying Goldie's full salary then that could work.

I think under that scenario we could ask for a second/third rounder back from GWS but it will be all down to negotiation.

We don't have the threat of the PSD now so we need to pay what they want. If Josh nominates us that helps - but we can be bent over in the negotiation now - StKilda has 2 first rounders - Carlton a better starting pick.

This is where the Football department earns their keep - assuming of course JK wants to leave.

They've tried everything... except offering him money even remotely close to his current market worth. That's not exactly the same thing.

BTW (to all posting hypothetical trades) pretty sure the free agency period gets sorted before the main trading period... If so we'll have DM locked away and can trade based on getting both of them.

They've tried everything... except offering him money even remotely close to his current market worth. That's not exactly the same thing.

BTW (to all posting hypothetical trades) pretty sure the free agency period gets sorted before the main trading period... If so we'll have DM locked away and can trade based on getting both of them.
Haven't double checked but I believe there's some crossover between the two periods.

If Kelly nominates us, pick 4 may not be enough. Assuming the Saints don't drop below the Dogs and guessing where GWS finishes we have 4, 21, 43, 61 and GWS has 23, 26, 69.

So what combination do we need to secure the coveted pick 69?

The power has shifted significantly in this trade and GWS now hold the balance of power, considering Carltank now sit above us for trade value. GWS can be real pricks about this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back