List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe the rumours * are offering a contract too, you would think it is in the ball park.

Why don't the media ******* call out this s**t

fake-news.jpg

TEN YEAR RULE OFFERS ARE ‘SCARY’

Essendon President Allan Hird says huge 10 year rule offers are scary propositions for clubs.

The AFL season has been dominated with stories of monster deals, with Essendon's Barry Davis, South Melbourne's John Rantall and Geelong's Doug Wade leading the way.

North Melbourne has reportedly offered Davis a huge deal while the Roos put a multi-year contract in front of Rantall and Wade.

Hird said the decision ultimately came down to each club.

“It scares me a little bit when you start to talk about these kinds of numbers, I think that’s a lot of money to put into one player, but it depends on the player and what they’re capable of,” Hird said.

“They’re worth what you feel they’re worth to you and your football program.”

Back to the future, I reckon.

Although I'm starting to worry that Cam Joyce couldn't sell a lifejacket on the Titanic.
Out of interest, aside from Gold Coast and GWS first years, how many players have announced they are leaving a club prior to finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would spew if he chose someone else over the club he supported and dad played for. Would go top of my s**t list.
It's us or stay
Trust me it's us

I'm going to reserve that position until next year when Blakey's son makes his choice..

I just want some thoughtful journalist to write the article that obviously John Blakey would have to quit his job as Sydney senior assistant coach if Nick Blakey chooses to go to the Swans. Let the kid mull over that one - a selfish decision to stay in Sydney costs his dad his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back