List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute star.

Does everything to a high standard.

I reckon except use his right side - hand or foot. He seems a very one-side biased player.

Realistically I think this is the only real knock on him. Because of his other attributes he's still a gun and worth us going hard. His upside is massive and he's already genuine class / A grade in comp.

Just saw Phil Kelly in the GWS rooms, he was wearing a North Melbourne scarf.
078805-worst-jumpers.jpg

It was orange....wasnt it Spider....Phil has one of those.

Good news the fact they are even talking about trading Kelly or not trading Kelly.

Everything up to this point was that he was a certainty to re-sign.

GWS are adamant that he will not be traded to North Melbourne under any circumstances. The mind games has certainly started and Dave Matthews, the CEO of GWS says that he is really confident that he will sign despite the $9 million offer from North Melbourne, This is what he said tonight, "the kangaroos deal sound significant but he would have to contemplate a trade, we have got no interest in any of North Melbourne's players, he loves the club and discussions are going very well and thinks he will stay there." Bit of posturing there, and they don't have salary cap room to take a really good player like Todd Goldstein if they were to trade - Jon Ralph

Jon Ralph has been campaigning from the very beginning to stop this trade.

Last edited:
GWS are adamant that he will not be traded to North Melbourne under any circumstances. The mind games has certainly started and Dave Matthews, the CEO of GWS says that he is really confident that he will sign despite the $9 million offer from North Melbourne, This is what he said tonight, "the kangaroos deal sound significant but he would have to contemplate a trade, we have got no interest in any of North Melbourne's players, he loves the club and discussions are going very well and thinks he will stay there." Bit of posturing there, and they don't have salary cap room to take a really good player like Todd Goldstein if they were to trade - Jon Ralph

That's why we'd offer our first rounder, John.

We should be cheering for a GWS flag this year. If they win and josh gets a premiership under his belt he'll be far less inclined to stay.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if they can't afford to squeeze the 700k a year for Goldy, they definitely can't get near our $ we are offering him.

Welcome to North, Josh.

PS we can help them out by taking Hopper as well. That should give them enough room for Goldy.

This will be an unpopular opinion. I've seen Josh play a few times now. Yep he's good. But not worth $9M over 9 years. Probably worth $607,550 over 5 years. I'm concerned about the cultural effect on loyal servants at the club on half that salary. I would understand the offer if it was for a future Buddy-type player like Lynch, Patton or Cameron.

Dissection 101

GWS Giants have ‘zero interest’ in North Melbourne players, says CEO Dave Matthews

ANY trade between GWS and North Melbourne involving Josh Kelly could be difficult to manufacture, with Giants chief executive Dave Matthews claiming his club has “zero interest” in any Kangaroos player.

But Matthews is confident the two clubs will never converse at the trade over Kelly, with discussions between the Giants and the gun midfielder’s management “going pretty well”.

Kelly’s management earlier this month was offered a monstrous nine-year, multi-million dollar deal by the Kangaroos — the team he barracked for as a child and the club his father Phil played 61 VFL games for during the 1980s.

The Giants are desperate to re-sign the 22-year-old Victorian, who’s arguably the biggest name at the club that’s out of contract at season’s end.

Matthews on Friday night said the club’s confidence in Kelly re-committing was growing — and that no Kangaroos player interested them should a trade be entertained.

“I know what’s been leaked out at the Kangaroos is pretty significant, but even in that situation you’ve got to contemplate a trade,” Matthews told 3AW.

“I think we’ve made it pretty clear to the Kangaroos that we’ve got zero interest in any of their players, so that makes it a little bit more difficult from their point of view.

“But the main thing for us is Josh is playing good footy and sees a future with the club.

I think he’s really enjoying the Giants and our expectation is that we think discussions are going pretty well” he said.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gws...s/news-story/f1ad3b4210744de84404b7b2bc21e025

Translation: We don't have a ****ing clue.

He has to realise that he is CEO of a plastic francise. Once their premiership window closes players leaving will be common place.

This will be an unpopular opinion. I've seen Josh play a few times now. Yep he's good. But not worth $9M over 9 years. Probably worth $607,550 over 5 years. I'm concerned about the cultural effect on loyal servants at the club on half that salary. I would understand the offer if it was for a future Buddy-type player like Lynch, Patton or Cameron.
Problem is we ain't going to get him for $607,550 a season. Apparently the gws revised offer to kelly's management is around $600k a Year to stay. If the rumours are true we will have about $2.5mill plus to spend next year, someone has to get it. I'd rather poach kelly on big money then just bring in more vanilla flavour players. Kelly would be our best player.

Agree Kelly may not be worth $9M. But North have be after a player with elite endurance & finishing skills for awhile. A massive upgrade on Gibson. You have to pay overs. Guess just like chasing a F/A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back