Moved Thread Josh Kelly vs Marcus Bontempelli - who would you take now

Who would you take right now?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 132 42.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 176 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont has an intrinsic quality that Kelly doesn't have. Danger and Martin don't have it either. He uses space like Fyfe and Pendlebury, he seems to have the ability to stop time for a few seconds while he makes decisions. Combined with his height and prodigious talent, I could easily see him having a big season and being widely considered the best in the business.

Because of scoring power?

Bont kicked one more goal than Kelly in 2017.

Kelly: 19

Bont: 20
In a crap side in less games (no finals).

Kelly is an absolute gun but if I wanted one of them to go forward and have an impact, it's the Bont. He can play as a dominant CHF.

In a crap side in less games (no finals).

Kelly is an absolute gun but if I wanted one of them to go forward and have an impact, it's the Bont. He can play as a dominant CHF.
Brown kicked 63 goals for north last year and nobody batted an eyelid....

If you want to blur things with strange unrelated variables, go for it.

Bont needs to kick more than 20 goals after spending aloooooot more time forward than Kelly did.

lol relevant to the statement you just made. Did you understand my point at all? If you didn't then you aren't worth the time.
Straight to ad hominems?

This thread is about Kelly and Bontempelli.

Straight to ad hominems?

This thread is about Kelly and Bontempelli.
Okay. Bont spent aloooooot more time fwd than kelly in 2017. Don' think you could deny that, yet he only kicked one more goal than him.

Doesn't really help your stance on this.

I could argue that "this thread is about kelly and bont", not ladder positions.

Okay. Bont spent aloooooot more time fwd than kelly in 2017. Don' think you could deny that, yet he only kicked one more goal than him.

Doesn't really help your stance on this.
Aaaaand we're back to where we started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah where you had no point and I did.

Maybe you'll bring one next time.
When you mature I'm sure you'll be capable of rational discussion. Clearly today is not that day.

Could.

Definatly has the height and is good enough overhead to slip into a 3rd tall option an be a big mismatch
What people could do isn't super relevant on this thread. Bont could get a career ending knee injury this weekend.

When you mature I'm sure you'll be capable of rational discussion. Clearly today is not that day.
Probably wouldn't mark it down as a discussion as a discussion usually requires two parties to contribute. You've contributed nothing other than claiming that Kelly was in a better team. Maybe it's a better team because Kelly is leading them.

To be fair mate he has got a point.

Bont spent a lot more time forward last year in comparison to Kelly for not a significant increase in goals.
In a poorer team who didn't play finals (therefore less games).
In addition when Bont goes forward he's basically our focal point (he's our best mid and best forward) which is something Kelly doesn't have to contend with.

Well, I think we know the answer to this question once and for all now.

Kelly the better mid, and the better forward.

Bont does well in a front running team that gets looked after by the umpires as the Dogs were a few years ago when the AFL needed them to do well to get them out of the financial poo they were in.

Bont has been savagely found out since. He's a good player, but Kelly is an absolute class above.

Neither are really firing to their full potential atm......

I dunno whose better anymore..

Back