Josh Kelly vs Mitch Duncan vs Andrew Gaff?

Which player would you want in your side?

• Mitch Duncan

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Josh Kelly

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Andrew Gaff

Votes: 35 34.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly will be better than Gaff. Has more weapons and looks to be far more damaging imo. I'll concede that Gaff has Duncan covered in terms of his consistency, but I'd still rather 25+ Duncan possessions than 25+ Gaff possessions.

I think as it stands based on careers to date, Gaff - Duncan - Kelly.

Duncan when he is on is arguably the most damaging but he isn't as consistent as Gaff. Sometimes when I have watched him, he has looked disinterested.

However, long term I think Kelly will overtake both as he continues to develop his game.

Currently Mitch Duncan is the most efficient kick in the league. Kelly is easily just as good on the outside.
Kelly has only had three games of 28 disposals or more and has never had a 30 disposal or more game his highest avg is this year at 23
Duncan avg 21 last year and 24 this year both no where near Gaff

Do people have the memory of a goldfish or what?

Gaff averaged 30 a game last year, he also managed to make the AA team and win the BnF of a grand finalist team.

He even still averages 29 this year.

Based on current form gaff easily but kelly in a few years time as he is well rounded/balanced mid. However, Kelly does look good in a star studded midfield. For a long time Gaff has basically been in a midfield where he only has two other gun mids and as a result got tagged each week. I know it hasn't been mentioned here but a lot of fans disregard Gaff for not winning enough of his own ball but its something thats improved and will keep on improving as his body gets bigger (im not saying he will become an inside playe). These last two weeks gaff has spend more time on ball and he has just about had two of his best games in his career against legit (well before adelaide lost) contenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly will be better than Gaff. Has more weapons and looks to be far more damaging imo. I'll concede that Gaff has Duncan covered in terms of his consistency, but I'd still rather 25+ Duncan possessions than 25+ Gaff possessions.

Only a Geelong player could possibly entertain the concept of Duncan being greater then Gaff.

Gaff versus Kelly is really the only debate that needs to be had. I would suggest Gaff is slightly ahead of Kelly at present, but because of his age Kelly would be my pick. He isn't even in his prime and playing at a very high level.

Each are in the top 5 pure wingers in the competition. I would add T.Scully, I.Smith and L.Hunter to that group.

Back