Josh Kelly

Do you think Josh Kelly will stay at GWS beyond 2017?

• Yes, he will re-sign and commit to GWS

• No, he will head back home to Victoria

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out of contract at the end of next season. And will no doubt have many Victorian clubs interested (including mine).

I could definitely see the Bulldogs offer him a deal with the money we have left in the war chest after missing out on Hurley. And he's also best mates with the Bont. But I could also see a club like North offering him a godfather offer similar to what they offered Heeney. His dad also played a few games for the club as well. Will come down to what's more important to Josh.

I've seen heaps of people say 'if GWS win the flag it's more likely players will leave' or words to that effect. I dunno if that's true. they could quite easily go 3peat...4peat... I reckon they could keep going and why wouldn't the players want to be part of that

I think Josh will stay, but * I hope we chase him him hard

I've seen heaps of people say 'if GWS win the flag it's more likely players will leave' or words to that effect. I dunno if that's true. they could quite easily go 3peat...4peat... I reckon they could keep going and why wouldn't the players want to be part of that

I think Josh will stay, but **** I hope we chase him him hard
I'm with you, if he's available get him to the Saints.

no way GWS let Kelly go IMO, Kelly, Coniglio, Greene and Shiel are the cornerstone of their midfield for the next 10 years, an elite group, may be looked on as their fab 4 (Voss, Black, Akermanis, Lappin equivalent) in years to come.

more chance of raiding the next level down mid as the giants will not be able to pay all of them good coin eg. Hopper, Kennedy, Whitfield.

Out of contract at the end of next season. And will no doubt have many Victorian clubs interested (including mine).

I could definitely see the Bulldogs offer him a deal with the money we have left in the war chest after missing out on Hurley. And he's also best mates with the Bont. But I could also see a club like North offering him a godfather offer similar to what they offered Heeney. His dad also played a few games for the club as well. Will come down to what's more important to Josh.

You don't think that premiership heroes are going to want their fair share of that war chest? Won't be much left after everyone takes their cut.

You don't think that premiership heroes are going to want their fair share of that war chest? Won't be much left after everyone takes their cut.
Jason Johannisen will free up some space when he goes back to WA. Apparently he's good as gone according to some in the know. He's on some good coin at the moment.

GWS must be getting a salary cap squeeze with all their talent, players like Kelly, Sheil, Patton, Hopper are going to get larger and more tempting offers from rival clubs than what GWS can offer

The murmurings have been that he's happy and will stay.

Probably more chance to remove Shiel or Hopper

If what was rumoured is correct, Shiel was very close to leaving prior to extending his contract until the end of 2017.

But there has also been plenty of discussion about Kelly and apparently he loves the Sydney lifestyle and is settled there.

I think Kelly is more likely to stay than some of the other GWS lads. But realistically they can't keep all their young stars with the inflationary impact of OOC negotiations.

Hopefully Silvagni and Brodie can convince Shiel or Hooper to move to the Baggers either would be a great acquisition.
If not we should have a go at Patton, a top quality big KPF is another priority.

If what was rumoured is correct, Shiel was very close to leaving prior to extending his contract until the end of 2017.

But there has also been plenty of discussion about Kelly and apparently he loves the Sydney lifestyle and is settled there.

I think Kelly is more likely to stay than some of the other GWS lads. But realistically they can't keep all their young stars with the inflationary impact of OOC negotiations.
Unless they want to take unders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always been a no to Fyfe, he'd be way too expensive
Boyd cost a mill a year and the Dogs were canned because of his performances.
PF and GF Boyd was worth every cent to the Bulldog supporters.
Hindsight, yes, but to compete with a GWS you need to go big

Back