Josh Kelly

Do you think Josh Kelly will stay at GWS beyond 2017?

• Yes, he will re-sign and commit to GWS

• No, he will head back home to Victoria

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If north want Kelly they will have to throw the same money they threw at heeney to Kelly. Can anyone give me a good reason besides a truckload of cash for as to why a player would want to go to north over a team like Saint Kilda?
Money won't be an issue, he'll get an offer similar to what we offered Heeney.

But at least this time we would offer it to a Victorian who barracked for north and dad played for.

Sidenote I expect us to do surprisingly well next year with a rejuvenated young list.
Give the kids a year then bring in elite talent at years end to compliment the youth

Jason Johannisen will free up some space when he goes back to WA. Apparently he's good as gone according to some in the know. He's on some good coin at the moment.

Jason Johannison signed a contract extension in 2014, at which point he'd played 20-ish games, avg 16 touches.

He's a good player, but at that point he would have been your 20-25th best player, at best.

If he's on big coin, then Tom Boyd's contract isn't the most surprising one you guys have singed in the last couple of years.

But at least this time we would offer it to a Victorian who barracked for north and dad played for.

Sidenote I expect us to do surprisingly well next year with a rejuvenated young list.
Give the kids a year then bring in elite talent at years end to compliment the youth
A 1 year rebuild?

Not sure enough talent is currently on the list and if you went after Kelly it would take you out of the first round for two years running

This is all accurate. I can't believe people think you have a reputation for talking s**t.

I'm sorry but no you don't have a "rejuvenated list", you got rid of your most damaging players and had one draft.

That's not rejuvenating a list that was as rooted as yours.

Carlton have the salary cap room and a better list
Essendon have the salary cap room and a better list
Melbourne have the salary cap room and a better list
St. Kilda have the salary cap room and a better list
Dogs have the salary cap room and a better list

Your last two points are irrelevant, as shown earlier.
You have just gone back to back bottom 4 - including 2015 when your players weren't banned. Essendons list is always awesome in the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Johannison signed a contract extension in 2014, at which point he'd played 20-ish games, avg 16 touches.

He's a good player, but at that point he would have been your 20-25th best player, at best.

If he's on big coin, then Tom Boyd's contract isn't the most surprising one you guys have singed in the last couple of years.
Doesn't really work like that, though. Maybe we have 500k set aside for his next contract that will then be free'd up if he leaves.

the last 2 years we cleared a stack of dead wood and cap. He may get offered a bit more $$ by a bottom 8 Melb club but that money will still be there is 3-4 years time. Winning a clubs first premeirship doesnt come along everyday.

Yeah but you'll probably win the premiership this year, putting 100k a year on his head.

Might be smarter for GWS to maximize what they can get for him in a trade than wait till he's a free agent.

I'd offer Carltons first (likely top 4 pick) and offer him 5x$750k

Be pretty tempting for him if you guys win the flag

-premiership player
-come home
-50% more money

GWS must be getting a salary cap squeeze with all their talent,
Like everything GWS.Gil will make sure.
372497.jpg

Back