Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

With regards to the picks?

Yes. Who benefits from this situation? GWS.

GWS has been publicly hostile to North, but none of these other prospective destination clubs.

Do you think there might be a reason for this?

What's with the lobbying at Josh's parents house, don't you think that's a bit odd?

Of course, the talk about mates, car drives, subway sandwich discounts etc. is completely absurd.

North have been in to Josh since he was 16 years old, not once he had a breakout season as a 22 year old.

GWS has been publicly hostile to North, but none of these other prospective destination clubs.

What's with the lobbying at Josh's parents house, don't you think that's a bit odd?

Of course, the talk about mates, car drives, subway sandwich discounts etc. is completely absurd.

North have been in to Josh since he was 16 years old, not once he had a breakout season as a 22 year old.

Dont be that way. Its boring.

I havent seen any outwardly hostile acts towards North besides saying we only would want picks from North should a trade need to be done. Of Kelly decised to.
Was said at the time when only North had come forward.
022c3581ff6ecf28de34a831d2cf0acd.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I havent seen any outwardly hostile acts towards North besides saying we only would want picks from North should a trade need to be done.

I must have missed the StKilda/Carlton/whoever retorts from Matthews.:D

They are worried, and they have good reason.:smilingimp:

I must have missed the StKilda/Carlton/whoever retorts from Matthews.:D

They are worried, and they have good reason.:smilingimp:

What retort? It was asked and he answered. No one probably has asked Saints because they have 2 1st rounders ready to go. Carlton have the picks to.

Lol yeah petrified of the roos.

People say Im punchy. Geez.

Just like with other players who left we will be well compinsated should he leave.

I think the strength of Carlton's offer will hinge on whether Gibbs wants to stay. Assuming he tries to leave again, how about:

Adelaide gives: 2017 first round, 2018 second round
Adelaide Receives: Gibbs

Carlton gives: 2017 first round (Adl), 2017 first round (Car)
Carlton receives: Kelly, GWS second round 2018

GWS gives: Kelly, second round 2018
GWS receives: 2017 first round (Adl), 2017 first round (Car)

Carlton's approach to the 2018 draft will also be a factor. Rumoured to be stronger than 2017, but will Carlton want to hold a first round pick in 2018 given Ben Silvagni will be up for f/s?

I think the strength of Carlton's offer will hinge on whether Gibbs wants to stay. Assuming he tries to leave again, how about:

Adelaide gives: 2017 first round, 2018 second round
Adelaide Receives: Gibbs

Carlton gives: 2017 first round (Adl), 2017 first round (Car)
Carlton receives: Kelly, GWS second round 2018

GWS gives: Kelly, second round 2018
GWS receives: 2017 first round (Adl), 2017 first round (Car)

Carlton's approach to the 2018 draft will also be a factor. Rumoured to be stronger than 2017, but will Carlton want to hold a first round pick in 2018 given Ben Silvagni will be up for f/s?
Cant see us giving up a 2nd round for those picks.

How stupid would one have to be to think the club officials just rocked up to Josh's parents place unannounced? Its more odd that one cant see it would of been a pre-planned thing taking into account it was during bye week.

How stupid would one have to be to think the club officials just rocked up to Josh's parents place unannounced? Its more odd that one cant see it would of been a pre-planned thing taking into account it was during bye week.

Way to miss the point altogether.:thumbsu:

I wonder if Matthew Flynn was given a personal "presentation" by Cameron & co. in his parents house in Narrandera?

Cant see us giving up a 2nd round for those picks.

You will have to give a pick back if he nominates the Blues you will be getting two first rounders getting a second back is only right and fair. You will not use that player anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is also in his early years. Long way to go in his career.

Also Adl 1st is what pick 17 or 18 and could go deeper depending on F/S, Academy or priority picks. So no need for the return pick.

Yes if he nominates us will need that return pick or will push for pre season draft if the club really wants him of course and only if he nominates us.

Yes if he nominates us will need that return pick or will push for pre season draft if the club really wants him of course and only if he nominates us.
Lol Considering our good relations in trade i doubt it.

The upside to Kelly is to great. Youre offering a 1st and a very late 1st. No need for a 2nd to be returned.

Cant see us giving up a 2nd round for those picks

We'll definitely need something back, for list management reasons alone. We still have a lot of players to turn over, and can't have 2 picks+player going out, and only one player coming in.

Given our good fortune last year with late picks, SOS may settle for a third back?

We'll definitely need something back, for list management reasons alone. We still have a lot of players to turn over, and can't have 2 picks+player going out, and only one player coming in.

Given our good fortune last year with late picks, SOS may settle for a third back?
Could possibly see a 3rd going back if that would be enough to complete the deal.

Silly comment.

Do North offer a mil a year for 9 years to every player?

Only to the ones we are getting.

Hence the GWS floor show.

Except how many big name offers in the last few years that have fallen through for North?

Lol the meeting was for a new contract for 1 of the games biggest up and coming stars.

You really do try to talk a big game.

Well, we'll just have to come back here armed with cream pies at the end of the season.

What retort? It was asked and he answered. No one probably has asked Saints because they have 2 1st rounders ready to go. Carlton have the picks to.

Lol yeah petrified of the roos.

People say Im punchy. Geez.

Just like with other players who left we will be well compinsated should he leave.

It doesn't matter if saints have 4 picks,it's whoever (if) kelly nominates as preferred destination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back