Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Serious question. If this were last year and Essendon had first pick in the PSD, would you be so adamant?

If Josh wanted to go to your club, the position would be identical.

Paul Connors is a player agent, one of many. They need good relationships with all 18 clubs or they jeopardize their own business.

I understand this, but they must comply with the rules.

Not only that but he has zero control on the trade terms agreed between the parties.

In practice, I agree with this position 100%.

North aren't going to try and screw over other clubs because they only have 17 other potential trade partners for the foreseeable future. Good relations are important. It's not anywhere near what you're suggesting

I highly doubt that also, but Waldron was suggesting that Connors would be influencing a trade between clubs based upon looking after his own interests.

a) If this is true, then Connors is in serious breach of several regulations.
b) If it is false, then Waldron is full of crap.

I would like to believe that option b) is closer to the truth.

FastLife

All Australian
Aug 2, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok this needs to be said...

Crameri coming out of contract $650k
Murphy will Retire $680K
Boyd will Retire $600k

$900k a year left over we didn't spend 2017:)

All Guns signed till 2020 and beyond

I will add that up 2.83 Million to spray around next year.....
Didn't the Dogs also front load some contracts?

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
If Josh wanted to go to your club, the position would be identical.

I understand this, but they must comply with the rules.

In practice, I agree with this position 100%.

I highly doubt that also, but Waldron was suggesting that Connors would be influencing a trade between clubs based upon looking after his own interests.

a) If this is true, then Connors is in serious breach of several regulations.
b) If it is false, then Waldron is full of crap.

I would like to believe that option b) is closer to the truth.
If in doubt, b)

Brian has form

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
Ok this needs to be said...

Crameri coming out of contract $650k
Murphy will Retire $680K
Boyd will Retire $600k

$900k a year left over we didn't spend 2017:)

All Guns signed till 2020 and beyond

I will add that up 2.83 Million to spray around next year.....
Factor in you are now paying T.Boyd a million a year now as his rookie contract/wage expired on October 31, 2016. If both mine and your maths is correct, that leaves only 1.83 million......

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Basically, if Connors behaves in the manner that Waldron suggests, then Connors is in serious contravention of his professional duties.

Pays to be flexible in one's thinking it seems. Waldron also said North were Tanking. But I am sure that you are that not fussed about that tactic as it advantages North despite the lack of professional ethics involved.

Last edited:

shniko11

Beneath the blue and white
Nov 6, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you think you are the only Melbourne club that can offer the first few things on that list?
I'm sure Carlton, St Kilda or us could offer that aswell. We can also offer him Blockbusters and only having to play outside of Melbourne 5 or 6 times a year max
Just on the travelling thing i think you are clutching at straws there.

North are travelling 8 times this year 3 (Tas) not including 1(hawks tas) away game so travelling for 1 or 2 extra games for an Afl player on the money they get is not an issue.

Also he is used to travelling about 11 times yearly at the Giants not including Canberra etc.

Last edited:

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pays to be flexible in one's thinking it seems. Waldron also said North were Tanking. But I am sure that you are that not fussed about that tactic as it advantages North despite the lactic of professional ethics involved.

People can say what they like about tanking. The AFL doesn't get to decide which players of a clubs squad get played on the weekend. Last I checked North have the same number of squad to select from as every other club, unless the AFL is going to start deciding who each clubs starting 22 is then there is no issue.

The only issue is when teams tactically try to lose in game. Other then that, it play on.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
People can say what they like about tanking. The AFL doesn't get to decide which players of a clubs squad get played on the weekend. Last I checked North have the same number of squad to select from as every other club, unless the AFL is going to start deciding who each clubs starting 22 is then there is no issue.

The only issue is when teams tactically try to lose in game. Other then that, it play on.
Thanks to your team we now have this ridiculous bye between the home and away and finals

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Teams should be able to do what best suits them outside of tactically throwing matches. Teams out of finals contention always play kids over experienced players with slightly better current form. It isn't the job of clubs to put forward the best team possible to win the very next match every week, they have to plan for the bigger picture

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
Thanks to your team we now have this ridiculous bye between the home and away and finals
No, thanks goes to Adelaide and Richmond for whinging like little girls. By memory it was Adelaide too but definitely Tigers. I believe Adelaide did as it was effecting their position as well.

Pays to be flexible in one's thinking it seems. Waldron also said North were Tanking. But I am sure that you are that not fussed about that tactic as it advantages North despite the lactic of professional ethics involved.

cause waldron is such a stand up, honest bloke....!maybe he shoukd not get his agendas involved in discussions.
he wouldnt even know who our best 22 are, or our injury list, yet goes on about us tanking.
some of these reporters, or radio guests, really should do some research.

we have a list choc full list of youngsters, that are finally getting games due to injuries and form drop off, but apparently, we are not allowed to do that.

when we see cunnington in the ruck, ben brown at half back flank and hrovat at full back, then we are tanking.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
No, thanks goes to Adelaide and Richmond for whinging like little girls. By memory it was Adelaide too but definitely Tigers. I believe Adelaide did as it was effecting their position as well.
WTF? That's literally the worst rationale I have ever heard.

So it's okay to do the wrong thing and it's those who ask for the rules to be applied fairly who are the real villains?

It's like saying, "blame all the other clubs for not doping their players and wanting a level playing field- instead of blaming the Essendon staff who injected the players, because if the other teams hadn't of complained and just accepted that one team was cheating, then everything would be okay". No clown. It's the perpetrator who causes the ****storm.

Delusional.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
WTF? That's literally the worst rationale I have ever heard.

So it's okay to do the wrong thing and it's those who ask for the rules to be applied fairly who are the real villains?

It's like saying, "blame all the other clubs for not doping their players and wanting a level playing field- instead of blaming the Essendon staff who injected the players, because if the other teams hadn't of complained and just accepted that one team was cheating, then everything would be okay". No clown. It's the perpetrator who causes the ****storm.

Delusional.
ROFL!!

You sound like my ex gf.....making silly comparisons.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
Yet you want your club to use the psd as a threat to try and get a cheap trade, no professional integrity in that.
Professional integrity?? Are you taking the piss? The North Melbourne Football Club act on behalf of the North Melbourne Football Club. We aren't here to make friends with rivals. You can stick your integrity right up your ass.

Professional integrity?? Are you taking the piss? The North Melbourne Football Club act on behalf of the North Melbourne Football Club. We aren't here to make friends with rivals. You can stick your integrity right up your ass.
Read the post I was replying to;)

You make a habit of going early it seems.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Teams should be able to do what best suits them outside of tactically throwing matches. Teams out of finals contention always play kids over experienced players with slightly better current form. It isn't the job of clubs to put forward the best team possible to win the very next match every week, they have to plan for the bigger picture
Exactly. If players like cunnington and tarrant are carryig injuries I'd be more than happy for them to get surgery now so that they are right for day 1 of pre-season. Why delay it and risk having key players miss important prep when we have nothing to aim for this season. Makes no sense. No one whinged when hawks and geelong started rotating out senior players prior to the finals so that they could freshen up. You do what is right for your team not the ******* opposition or the AFL.

Back