Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Norths a hell of a lot more reliable on older players as expected

Saints best players have all been below 26, the old players are the best card is utter dribble

I'll reply to this message....

When I stop laughing.

Thompson, Tarrant, Goldstein, Hansen, Waite. They're getting on in years

Thompson, goldy, Hansen and Waite have done f**k all this season and Tarrant is 28. We definitely don't rely on our older players. In each of our wins and close losses it has been our younger guys stepping up. Currently all our older players are replaceable. Just like the players who got the boot last season have been replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean 29 year old Higgins?

Tarren Thomas will be developing.

Majak Daw is a spud

Marley Williams... Haha. Bomber.

Dusty isn't going to Roos either

Against - a list of Wright, Gresham, Billing, Sinclair, Weller, Geary, Freeman, Long, Acres, Minchington, Roberton, Lonie, Newnes, Steele, Battle, Stevens. I think Saints still win.

Tarrant, Goldstein, Higgins etc are over the hill, yet you name nearly 29 and 28 year olds Geary and Steven? :drunk:

I probably misjudged it slightly, was a similar comment to yourself though with our best players still our oldies

I was referring to Riewoldt being your best player, he goes out and the Saints get a touch up, and one of the Saints best players in that game was Montagna with 34 disposals.

In contrast, North has Waite who has been very quiet in the last 2 wins. Thompson & Hansen are far from irreplaceable.

To say the Saints have the better list is a tad over the top.

Be interesting to see where these teams finish the year.

I was referring to Riewoldt being your best player, he goes out and the Saints get a touch up, and one of the Saints best players in that game was Montagna with 34 disposals.

In contrast, North has Waite who has been very quiet in the last 2 wins. Thompson & Hansen are far from irreplaceable.

To say the Saints have the better list is a tad over the top.

Be interesting to see where these teams finish the year.
Never said that.

We lost the week before by more with Riewoldt in? wrong to immediately blame his absence on the loss.

Montagna was strong but is by far not in the best players this year

U have been stinking this thread up for ages now. Is something bothering u? shouldn't u be in the Steven May thread or something or do u want Kelly at the Hawks or something.
If so say it cause the standand in here drops every time you post.
Actually your biased in denial fans have been stinking it up with an ego that hasn't amounted to anything. So zip it.

I have no idea if Kelly is going to the Saints or not.

I do know that the Saints have flagged for years that from this trade period on that they would be chasing a gun and to this end they have:
- Been paying at the bottom salary cap limit to the max, so that from this trade period on they can may overs fora number of years
- The AFL allowed them to not count Carlisle's salary last year, and so probably someone/s got prepaid more
- That they approached the Hawks with their Pick 10 from 2016 to get the Hawk's first pick in 2017 and that makes a lot more sense as trade bargaining power for 2017. If you just wanted a first round pick you would take it in 2016 so that the player would be useful for 2019 on which is when the Saints want to start peaking.

As such I would be pretty sure that the Saints will have been into someone bigtime from last year. That the club is keeping quiet on it just makes me all the sure that they have an understanding with someone from late last year. You simply do not free up a war-chest that big built over several years, and assemble the draft pick trade capital that they have without having someone in mind and it also makes no sense that you would wait till seasons end on the off-chance that the player will pick you.

In terms of GWS, they like draft picks, and with their salary cap bursting and with a list bulging in talent it makes even more sense now that if they lose a star that they trade him for picks, rather than a deal that needs a player. That way it continues to lengthen their likely time at the top.

Also add to that that Kelly's close mate in Steele joined the Saints last year.

Is it Kelly? I do not know. But he does exactly fit St Kilda's needs. And St Kilda have what GWS wants.

Who cares... Will be a jet.

Does that even matter, either way we look at it the bottom line stays the same Saints List>Roos List
Well if this is true they will clearly finish higher on the ladder with a much easier draw. If they don't - your post is clearly wrong.

But the saints don't need to finish low to get a good pick. They would be enjoying watching the wheels fall off the hawks wagon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if this is true they will clearly finish higher on the ladder with a much easier draw. If they don't - your post is clearly wrong.

But the saints don't need to finish low to get a good pick. They would be enjoying watching the wheels fall off the hawks wagon.
Not sure why Hawks are being pulled into this when we are not involved in Kelly, but Saints are getting him.

I think saint fans think they're a top 8 side.
We are aiming to be one and that's the expectation but we are not there yet

But we are closer to it than North IMO

I'm not sure yet if north is a bottom 6 side or a middle 6 but I'm certain they're not a top 8 side

You'd have to agree with that

I'm not sure yet if north is a bottom 6 side or a middle 6 but I'm certain they're not a top 8 side

You have won 1 more game with an easier draw. Our 1st 7 weeks we played 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th.

The betting has us similar to play finals. For years you have been much worse and it's far from clear if your any better.

Up there with one of the dumbest things ive ever read. 1/3rd of the middle 6 is top 8. You realise that yeh? Lol

Up there with one of the dumbest things ive ever read. 1/3rd of the middle 6 is top 8. You realise that yeh? Lol

no s**t! i think pretty much everyone realises that. if you didnt know that the middle 6 is 1/3 of an 18 team comp then i'd wager you never went further than year 8. even if you were somehow intellectually stunted, here's the hint thats its a 3rd, the terms top, middle and bottom.

the fact you've clung to that as some kind of intellectual superiority on something i think pretty much everyone knows speaks volumes

but anyways moving on, the reason why i used the top, middle and bottom is that is how the AFL views the fixture now and i think its the first port of call to try and get an early gauge on where teams fit. especially in such an even season. for me i see the bottom 6 being made up of brisbane, carlton, hawthorn, GC, collingwood. i'm still undecided who takes the next spot there, but i'm pretty comfortable it wont be the saints. i'm 50/50 on if it will be north or not, but i am certain they wont make the 8. HENCE MY COMMENT!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back