Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signs with GWS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to Kelly.......

I think Kelly is a strong chance of staying at GWS

"If" he leaves, North could be the destination, "if" they don't go backward this year.

After that, I still think it will be a Victorian based side. Slight chance of heading west

Slight chance to head West?

Why, what is WA to Kelly?

Would be Freo as the Eagles wouldn't have the cap space unless he was happy on $900k.

If GWS fall back further can see him going, if they make and win a couple of finals think he will stay.

Would be Freo as the Eagles wouldn't have the cap space unless he was happy on $900k.

If GWS fall back further can see him going, if they make and win a couple of finals think he will stay.
Yeah WA seems no more likely than SA, QLD or NSW. If a WA side was going to chase anyone, it'd be Coniglio. No links to Kelly lol

I doubt it will be all about money for Kelly, if that was the case he would have left last contract

With the Eagles being a strong group, Kelly could achieve early success, if it eludes him at GWS

North surely can’t miss on him again can they?

ITK supporters were adamant he would be theirs at the end of 2019 when he signed a short term contract at the end of 2017.

Wonder what they will pony up to get him. Two first rounders would be the starting offer.

North surely can’t miss on him again can they?

ITK supporters were adamant he would be theirs at the end of 2019 when he signed a short term contract at the end of 2017.

Wonder what they will pony up to get him. Two first rounders would be the starting offer.

We can quite easily if he stays in particular.

And there are no "ITK" supporters coming up with that crap, it's blokes like Jay Clark and Gerard Whateley pushing that agenda last year (added to standard supporters putting their own formulas together). All I can say right now, from a source within the club, is there has never been any form of handshake agreement Josh is at North next season but the club still has the resources to put together a very enticing offer should he explore his options.

We can quite easily if he stays in particular.

And there are no "ITK" supporters coming up with that crap, it's blokes like Jay Clark and Gerard Whateley pushing that agenda last year (added to standard supporters putting their own formulas together). All I can say right now, from a source within the club, is there has never been any form of handshake agreement Josh is at North next season but the club still has the resources to put together a very enticing offer should he explore his options.
Actually there was 2 or 3 posters 2 years ago pummeling all and saying it was a done deal, back then.

Then they came out with the whole holding off until 2019 and he is angry at his manager when they were shown to be wrong.

It's been an amusing time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They pushed that they were.

I push that I can last an episode of Seinfeld but I'm done before the first coffee shop scene (I'm not decrying Seinfeld, I'm rubbish at sex but then I'm English).

I believe the club got very close and the longer a decision takes the further you think you're in the box seat. I believe some posters took "this is looking pretty good" from a guy they know to mean "it's done" and as nobody is staking any type of real reputation saying what they've heard on an internet forum I'd say most things should be taken with a grain of salt until a presser is announced. I think it's a shame some people go all in but it's not reflective of the club and its supporters as a whole, what is probably more a shame is the people who still have a hard on about it 18 months later.

More a case of some posters going down the same track again.

Will he go or will he stay. Probably even Kelly isnt 100% right now.

Yep, no doubt nothing is certain at the moment which means we're exactly where we were two seasons ago.

He might come, he might not

But for certain North will be a more attractive option than when they finished 1 game off the bottom in 2017. It’s a tough ask to get a guy to leave a top 4 team for a bottom 4 team. But a much more competitive showing from north this year, coupled with seeing some of his mates jump ship from GWS over the last 2 years, the decision should be much harder than last time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Kelly could be a West Coast Eagles player if not for a quirk of the Father Son Rules.

Phil Kelly played 109 games for East Perth before 1980. When West Coast and Fremantle entered the AFL competition they were given access to the sons of fathers who had played in a split of WAFL clubs - obviously most players ended up moving to the VFL so that number wasn't large but just to make it extra difficult the AFL required it to be 150 games played before 1987.

Meanwhile other clubs were drafting father sons on the back of their fathers playing 51 games (Jonothan Brown).

Phil played 109 games with East Perth before crossing to North for 61 games, which I guess equally also means Josh would already be a Roo if not for a quirk/change of the Father Son rules.

Phil played 109 games with East Perth before crossing to North for 61 games, which I guess equally also means Josh would already be a Roo if not for a quirk/change of the Father Son rules.
Yep, I think North have a right to feel extra upset with Sydney clubs pinching two top ten father son picks.

Phil Kelly played 109 games for East Perth before 1980. When West Coast and Fremantle entered the AFL competition they were given access to the sons of fathers who had played in a split of WAFL clubs - obviously most players ended up moving to the VFL so that number wasn't large but just to make it extra difficult the AFL required it to be 150 games played before 1987.

Meanwhile other clubs were drafting father sons on the back of their fathers playing 51 games (Jonothan Brown).
Tks
Didn't know the history so you had me flummoxed.

Tks
Didn't know the history so you had me flummoxed.
We don't want to talk about it too loudly or the Adelaide clubs supporters will hear and barge in to explain how a two hundred game before Adelaide entered the AFL requirement on their potential father son picks was absolutely unjust, and how Bryce Gibbs should have been a Crow from day one since his father played 253 games for Glenelg - but he had been playing in the WAFL for half a decade earlier, which would have bumped him up to the required games.

He had played 191 games, it needed to be 200 - for "reasons".

That change from the 50 game rule was a doozy - Bulldogs would have had Ben & Sam Reid, eh rule changed just before we could nab them.

That change from the 50 game rule was a doozy - Bulldogs would have had Ben & Sam Reid, eh rule changed just before we could nab them.

Yep, it's one that has had ramifications for most clubs and eventually all clubs so I don't stress about it but there's no doubt these example rankle a little bit with our clubs (who have been crying out for these types).

The best thing that ever happened to the F/S rule for non-Vic clubs was enough time passing that they could draft sons of former players. The varying rules for the SA/WA clubs were a cluster. Of course then they went and introduced bidding and academies and turned it into a new cluster so what can you do?

You are seriously struggling when you need to compare a 4 year deal (not even sure where you got this from ) to a 7 year deal, Then you go onto say that Dusty got an extra $5 million from Richmond.

North offered him $2 million dollars more and got told to move on and were used to negotiate a better deal from Richmond but still ended up accepting Richmonds offer from 2 months prior.

The $800k that you are using as a reference point was prior to 2017 season starting,But during that year dusty's value increased to well over this amount and that was mainly due to Martin having one of the best years of any afl player in history and winning every award possible. Now forget about north if you were to put martin for trade today there would not be 1 team available that would not pay him $1.2 mil a year - So not over paying when thats the market value

But $750k for an injury prone player like Polec is another story altogether but thats understandable due to norths inability to attract any good players and needing to save face for the poor supporter base as they are losing confidence in the lubs ability to attract decent players.

But moving onto Josh Kelly , Norths offer would need to be just as big as its previous offer to even get Kelly's attention and would need to satisfy GWS with a trade which im still waiting for you to put up a suggestion on what that may be ?

Getting inferior players on big salary like Polec might put doubts into Norths ability to put up an offer thats near the level of either St Kilda / Carlton or even attractive enough for Kelly to move from GWS.

I think we will keep the inferior player thanks.... we’ve been seeking his type for about a decade, on today’s showing he’s going to destroy teams in this now much deeper midfield.

Is North's midfield deeper than Wines, Boak, Ebert, Rockliff, Powell-Pepper, Motlop plus Wingard/Gray?

Polec's a decent enough player but North fans get carried away because someone actually said yes. Will probably be North's 3rd best midfielder behind Cunnington and Higgins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back