Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signs with GWS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Prepare to be surprised

But not sure why, he even mentioned last time we were the club he nearly went to and again that wasn’t a surprise with the family ties
Surely he never said that.

Lol ok whatever makes you happy

Still haven’t answered what you think
Kelly
Coniglio
Haynes
Hopper
Tomlinson

Will be on next year

Haynes signed on last week. One down and a few to go.
Don't believe everything you've heard/want to hear about Kelly either.

Keep riding the Kelly is coming to North story. I'd be embarrassed to go down that path again.........but clearly some aren't.

No he didn't.

I'd say this is one of the articles he's referring to: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gw...l/news-story/5402c7a3f8be3473690d02b61f587061... undoubtedly being "tempted" is a shade or three different to "almost coming" but I can kinda understand the thought process of the delay in re-signing + no other club being mentioned at the death = "almost coming" - either way I think that TZ was more firing at the bloke that said he'd be surprised not in JK leaving but JK coming to North which came across fairly trollish.

I'd say this is one of the articles he's referring to: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gw...l/news-story/5402c7a3f8be3473690d02b61f587061... undoubtedly being "tempted" is a shade or three different to "almost coming" but I can kinda understand the thought process of the delay in re-signing + no other club being mentioned at the death = "almost coming" - either way I think that TZ was more firing at the bloke that said he'd be surprised not in JK leaving but JK coming to North which came across fairly trollish.
Fair enough

I thought I'd followed the press around the story utfix is one I dont much. It doesn't say what was claimed.

I've never doubted he considered it, and he said he did several times. I also dont doubt we increased our offer to close the gap, and offerred the Vice Captaincy to get him over the line.

The notion he signed with the intention of leaving later I reject though.

We'll have to see what happens this year.

The notion he signed with the intention of leaving later I reject though.

Yeah, very well might not be a reason, there could be any number of factors around just signing for two years, whether it is seeing where the money is from GWS in 2019, seeing where they are onfield... we'll all know eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks.
Are you being stubborn or just lazy? Or maybe your one of those blokes who likes to walk around with his branded elastic waistband on display?
More its amusing the hell out of me that you are getting worked up about it.

At least we know how you got your name.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The way I see it, Kelly is either going to Victoria, or staying at GWS.

Of the Victoria teams:
Carlton - good chance, plenty of money and need for elite mids, but will be difficult to convince Kelly due to their recent performance
Collingwood - too many mids and probably not enough cap space, so no
Essendon - can't have much cap space left, and just picked up Shiel, so no
Geelong - can't have much cap space either, and have never been linked to Kelly so I'd rule them out
Hawthorn - not much cap space, and just picked up Scully and Wingard. Already linked to Coniglio too, so no
Melbourne - another team with little cap space, as well as little need for midfielders, and have no links to Kelly. Seems unlikely
North Melbourne - already linked strongly, supposedly have the cap space, decent chance here
Richmond - not even sure how they aren't already breaching the salary cap, so they must be tight. No way they fit him in, not to mention having basically zero draft pick value to offer, so no
St Kilda - must have a ton of cap space, plenty to offer, and would be desperate for a player like Kelly. Would be a great fit, just need to convince Kelly
Western Bulldogs - supposedly been linked already, good mates with Bont, tons of cap space to spare. In saying that, mids are not a pressing need for us, so I doubt there's too much interest unless Kelly is already keen (which seems a stretch). Don't see it happening really

So the way I see it, the only clubs a chance of picking up Kelly are North, Saints and Carlton. Although I still feel like GWS are the more likely home in 2020. Some North fans getting a bit ahead of themselves right now

So re-signing at GWS then?

I think this is the likely outcome, with possession being 9/10ths of the law.

If he announces he's waiting until the end of the season to re-sign though and everybody gets sweaty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back